• Mod: Bulk transfers between containers
  • Mod: Hitching post
  • Mod: Seasons can be viewed using the /seasons command
  • Mod: Dig like mining

SERVER DETAILS
==============

• 32GB RAM
  • Xeon E5-2630 @ 2.4 Ghz (16 Cores)
  • SSD Drives in a RAID 0 configuration (Redundancy)
  • 1 Gbps Uplink w/DDOS protection
  • Regular backups offsite for DR

Please visit us on our Steam group page HERE

NEW REGULARLY UPDATED DEED MAP: ELYSIUM

The server is listed in the browser as "Elysium PvE | 5x Skill / 4x Action | HotA PvP | FRESH 10/07"

Edited by mwdennis
  • Like 1

Per request, I've gone ahead and added the hitching post and dig like mining mods.

Lots of virgin territory to be explored and settled! Come on in and enjoy a great PvE experience with a dash of PvP on the side ?

Opening a necro thread, sorry- but is there an updated deeds map on Elysium? 

I clicked the link above in the promo of this server (beginner Elysium) and for some reason the map seems to not match the game? I do not see the starter island on the map nor the deed right across the bridge from the starter island called Chachanilla etc. Is there an incorrect link or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

There are 2 different Elysium servers run by different clans listed here on the forums.  Here's the live map for this one, which I've played off and on.  http://www.dawgsclan.com/wurm/

The server is not busy since a few months after launch, but has been running since 2016.

The map itself is good, forest, steppe, desert, mountains, valleys.

Can you explain exactly where the HOTA PvP area is?  It mentions "starting village on PVE island for all new players," but this is a pretty big map and the  PVE "island" sounds like it does not cover the entire map, or is that just confusing language?  Are PVP and PVE on separate maps? Can a player travel from one end of the main map to another and always be in pve territory the entire trip?

Am interested in trying it, just not if it is one of those "mixed server maps" where it turns out the actual pve area is actually a minority of the map.

edit: after looking around a bit, sounds like there are two maps for the server, Pandemonium (presumably pvp) and Tranquility (presumeably pve). Both are still active, just low pop? Which is the map you linked? 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Hota location.  http://www.dawgsclan.com/wurm/HotA_map.png

Tiny square, the rest of the map is pve.

Just confusing language.  Starting village is spawn, PVE island is whole map.

I don't think either of those is run by this clan, this is a single map.

Also I'm just a player and not associated with the clan running this.

All this info is in their steam group page, along with discord and teamspeak info.

I got this info from their steam group post, for the original post here.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dawgswu

Erebus Dec 22, 2015 @ 10:43am 

ixidor and raeine are also unable to view the server name in the server list during launcher start up. Pandemonium shows up in the search but tranquility isn't found. Any Eta for a fix?

The server is listed in the browser as "Elysium PvE | 5x Skill / 4x Action | HotA PvP"

I've not had any problems sorting alphabetically for Elysium.

If there is a pvp server, well I've never tried sailing off the map edges so can't tell you.

I really wish that poeple who start a server and then  leave it as "unclaimed" would just totally remove it. With no ability to vote, there is no possibility of earning upkeep...OR, just make it a "no upkeep" server then. Yes, a very necro thread, but it just gives me the irrits when people just remove a server without actually REMOVING it from the server list. *rant over*

"Unclaimed" simply means they did not provide Wurm-Unlimited Server list with any info about their server.  It has nothing to do with whether you get paid for voting or not, that's just a mod that some (not all) servers run. It also has nothing to do with whether a server is active or abandoned. Wurm Unlimited Server list isn't anything official,  just someone's private project to earn free ad revenue and is not connected to the game. Players often find it useful. (Hint, sort by *latest servers* if you want to find fresh, spanking new servers).  The fact this person didn't feel obligated to "claim" the server and provide a private advertisement site with additional information, is no reason to angrily declare they should just delete their server. You can always vote even on an unclaimed server, but they apparently never have paid people to vote there. And server owners have no say whether their server is listed there, the site uses bots to "discover" servers and then adds them to their website, uninvited. 

I was kind of surprised at your complaint so I hopped onto it for a look.   It was empty (getting pretty late in my time zone) but not filled with old abandoned deeds like some. The one deed I passed, was very recently begun. Server map shows few active settlements and a ton of virgin wilderness. Starter deed had a trader willing to buy my  newbie toolbelt for cash. Then I foraged about 10 tiles and got a 20c copper coin. I only killed one creature, a cow, to see whether it would drop anything the trader would buy (it didn't)  but in about ten minutes I had made enough to pay about a week's deed upkeep. While I didn't test this, most places that don't charge for creating a settlement, also give you approximately three months of free upkeep to get you started (as long as you don;t make a HUGE deed with lots of guards) , meaning if you made a 20x25 starter deed with 1s upkeep, you wouldn't really have to worry how you were going to make the money for several months. With a trader there at the start being willing to buy crude spindles, I would say you could spend a day or two making *better* ones (I only made 4Q ones)  and have months of upkeep paid off with less than a day's work. 

The fact the server still seems to be alive and running seven years after created, is to me a good thing. Someone is PAYING even now for that server so that WU players can log in and play there for free.  Like you, I do like servers that let residents vote and collect an allowance so I can chill and enjoy Wurm instead of treating it like another job, but this is actually looking like a very easy server to get started on, and to manage to pay upkeep on deeds.

I suggest you give it another try, maybe spend some time at the starter deed making spindles for cash if you feel better with a little coin in your pocket. It seems like you are new to WU (we LOVE new players!) and didn't quite understand there is zero relationship between a server owner "claiming" a server on what is really just a third-party advertisement site, and whether you can earn coin for voting at that third party site. 

I have seen easy servers and very very hard servers, and this one is definitely on the easy end of the scale, for getting started.  This one is NOT abandoned, but they also have never paid people to vote there. 

* Started a new character, made a free 20x25 deed with one guard, grabbed a horse and pulled all hostiles to that guard and helped him kill them, once there were no more hostiles for miles around I fired the guard and now have 82 days of upkeep remaining  for my little one-silver upkeep deed plus a few silver in the token from mob bounties and foraging etc. If I need a guard again I can hire him back; this server doesn't charge you for hiring a guard just for keeping them on duty, so don't keep them when you don't need them, and get a guard tower with free guards started asap. I have nearly three months now before I need to worry about upkeep again.

I also voted for the server :)

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1