Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Add Epic Loot Code to Chaos?

Epic Loot Code to Chaos?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. yes no

p self explanatory

i always thought it worked pretty well, had its bugs (which i think are fixed by now) and i remember some people from all sides of the fence being in support of it.

As it is right now, if you don't live next to the server you're basically jipped when it comes to loot nabbing, with Epic Code, the actual winner of the engagement is likely to get the gear as opposed to the people with the lowest latency and those who have the dexterity of an eleven year old professional starcraft player.

Edit: To prevent alt usage, maybe add a 70fs+ requirement for epic loot code to take effect?

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 6

+1, winner of the fight gets the loot, not the guy from the enemy team who picked it up, this effects all fairly. Hopefully stops the quick kill, snag some loot and run away we see too - based on ping time ofc

Edited by Mclovin

I am not against it but how do you resolve the timer on recall corpse meaning that if you get one of your guys in local for 3 mins you can recover it. Or is it like 20 tiles near the body?

4 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

I am not against it but how do you resolve the timer on recall corpse meaning that if you get one of your guys in local for 3 mins you can recover it. Or is it like 20 tiles near the body?

Its like five or seven tiles from the body i believe

Edited by Propheteer

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Its like five or seven tiles from the body i believe

im okei with that

if you could only block looting if you had 70fs or something, then i think it would be a good change

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattown said:

if you could only block looting if you had 70fs or something, then i think it would be a good change

Added that to OP.

I'd much rather 30-50fs requirement not 70fs to block picking up corpses.

I've always been a supporter of this, but the only issue I see is that it kinda jips the smaller groups, and defenders. Both of which you'll be out numbered.

Im undesided right now.

• Like 3

-1 too many exploits still exist around the epic loot code.

Like the fact that anyone can equip gear from the corpse, or that the person who died can still pick their stuff up.

Please stop trying to change chaos into epic. If you like the epic loot code so much you are more then welcome to go play there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JukimoV2 said:

-1 too many exploits still exist around the epic loot code.

Like the fact that anyone can equip gear from the corpse, or that the person who died can still pick their stuff up.

Please stop trying to change chaos into epic. If you like the epic loot code so much you are more then welcome to go play there.

Both of those exploits have been fixed though, so do you have any other exploits to list or do you just not like the idea?

I didn't think the idea would trigger you enough to -1 the suggestion on three accounts though, so i sincerely apologize for that.

Edited by Propheteer

Well I mean, you do have several servers you can go play on with those mechanics. Chaos has been the way it is for a reason, and that's why it still has players. If you keep asking for these awful changes to happen and they go in, and they happen, don't you think chaos will turn into the same thing epic did? Just leave it as is and stop trying to change it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JukimoV2 said:

Well I mean, you do have several servers you can go play on with those mechanics. Chaos has been the way it is for a reason, and that's why it still has players. If you keep asking for these awful changes to happen and they go in, and they happen, don't you think chaos will turn into the same thing epic did? Just leave it as is and stop trying to change it.

Those servers failed for reasons other than this mechanic, Chaos also has players because about 30 or 40 of us came over from Epic between all kingdoms.

What makes it so awful? It's not a broken feature, and it's supported by multiple groups thus far and as far as search history goes, there aren't any complaints or suggestions to remove it outside of complaints about previous bugs associated with it.

Edited by Propheteer

If you kill someone you should be entitled to at least have a chance at their stuff. The epic code makes it so that the zerg who can hold the ground always walks away on top. Chaos supports a chance for the underdog to compete and get a chance at loot. There's so many random things that can influence the situation and made the epic loot code bad, like just 1 toon in a nearby longhouse, or in a mine hop. They just changed it according to patch notes that both mines and surface act the same, so if you kill someone mine hopping then you wouldn't be able to get their stuff. Which is completely retarded.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JukimoV2 said:

If you kill someone you should be entitled to at least have a chance at their stuff. The epic code makes it so that the zerg who can hold the ground always walks away on top. Chaos supports a chance for the underdog to compete and get a chance at loot. There's so many random things that can influence the situation and made the epic loot code bad, like just 1 toon in a nearby longhouse, or in a mine hop. They just changed it according to patch notes that both mines and surface act the same, so if you kill someone mine hopping then you wouldn't be able to get their stuff. Which is completely retarded.

At the same time, people have died to bugs and instantly had their body picked up, or a more common scenario is you have people in two different locations lets say US vs EU, the EU side has the smaller group and they get wiped, but one of the players picks up the bodies immediately because he has less latency and his res stone works, thus jipping the winning side all because of latency and RNG.

I feel like the scenarios involved with the epic loot code would be easier to address and more of a step forward than doing nothing at all.

Edited by Propheteer

Just now, Propheteer said:

At the same time, people have died to bugs and instantly had their body picked up, or a more common scenario is you have people in two different locations lets say US vs EU, the EU side has the smaller group and they get wiped, but one of the players picks up the bodies immediately because he has less latency and his res stone works, thus jipping the winning side all because of latency and RNG.

How often does that happen compared to kills when hopping? Not very often. I've been playing on chaos for the better part of 4 years now, and I've never seen someone instantly die and lose their ###### to an enemy group. I've seen a few people getting bugged in doors and stuff, but majority of the times, it has to do with them doing it to themselves, like walking into a locked door, or falling ontop of a fence. Sure it might seem annoying the current system in some instances, but its for the best. 

seems to me though that you wouldn't even have an issue with this if rez stones weren't a thing, which i've been in favor of removing rez stones for ages.

1 minute ago, JukimoV2 said:

seems to me though that you wouldn't even have an issue with this if rez stones weren't a thing, which i've been in favor of removing rez stones for ages.

Actually, if res stones didn't exist I wouldn't have any problem with the loot code, but the problem there is further balancing the risk v reward for players as already the risk is higher than the reward for a lot and it hurts PvP and PvP growth.

So you agree that the way the loot system currently works isn't the problem. And that there are other things that can be looked at.

1 minute ago, JukimoV2 said:

So you agree that the way the loot system currently works isn't the problem. And that there are other things that can be looked at.

It depends on the route the developers take, if they wish to keep the loot system and other factors in the game as it stands, then yes the loot system needs to be looked at.

If they are willing to look at other factors, like res stones, i'm open for trying that first.

from looking at chaos pleb videos it would work if weight had more of an effect 

also fug resstones

lol nope. nope nope.

Keep chaos , chaos. None of that epic stuff need be placed here. We are happy. 

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Dyson said:

lol nope. nope nope.

Thank you

gotta remove the valrei items too then

7 minutes ago, Dyson said:

lol nope. nope nope.

Thank you

Can we remove valrei items, karma, volcanos, moonmetal, playergods and missions too? Or is that out of the question?

• Like 4