Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[Fixed] Cave Ceiling Collapsing on top of Building

So some villagers of mine added a cool apartment on the 4th floor of a warehouse on my exo deed. They mined out the ceiling and added in the floors/stairs, he moved his bed and chest full of precious up to the top floor. Next day he was going on about someone bashing his stairs out, so I head over and look at the problem.

From the front of the warehouse you can see the parapets on the 4th floor, and if you notice the highlighted rock ceiling tile, you can see that it slopes right down into the floor level of the building.

hm08orM.jpg

From the inside of the building, the stairs going up started at the door behind the cart, with 3 flights. The area of the room was 2x3, and you can still see 4 sections of floor, 2 of which fade into the rock of the ceiling above. The back 2 floor sections are either buried inside the rock, or smashed out completely, all the stairs are gone as well as a section of wall on the 3rd floor. No idea if the items have survived, we may have to rebuild floors and remine the ceiling to find out, for now we will leave it as is in case someone would like to investigate the problem. This is on Exodus on The Old Contemptibles deed, the building is named First Generation Morlock, room is on the south end of the building, door named Doorway of Shattered Dreams.

Y9nsQJ3.jpg

If you cannot mine this ceiling up manually, without using the flatten option, please do not build under it.  It's a known issue that ceilings raised by flatten will revert at server restart.  In fact, you reported the issue and we spoke about this the other day in relation to a similar issue.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/143417-mine-ceiling-reverting-after-server-reset/

I've added this information to the same bug.

For now, if you can't manually mine a ceiling up, do not flatten and build under it.

39 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

It's a known issue that ceilings raised by flatten will revert at server restart

@_@

Now this would make a nice PSA.

• Like 1

I had nothing to do with that building and didn't know they had made it that high till after the problem occured, I would of told them that if they had asked about building 4 floors at that location, not enough rock above.

I made this loft for the player in question before going away for a week, left him anice message telling him his room was ready and i'd see him soon. Then i came back and just....oh dear.

Original loft pictures!

7pn6Y1L.jpg

nyDOE96.jpg