Sign in to follow this  
jasminth

J16-17 Darq Passage Canal

For a place to begin, I initiated a conversation within Western Union Alliance Clan Chat(July 2016?) between myself and Barricade about too many and numerous tile collapses that happened in the canal.

I was enquiring if the Alliance could help fix the canal guessing that many of our alliance use the canal. Barricade agreed and he began repairs over the last couple months, thanks Barricade. 

An idea that I had was that Alliance members could set aside a large crate on their own deeds and lable it "Darq Donation" then either contact someone in alliance to pick up, or sail to/drop off @Western Union Alliance Warehouse

which is situation by the West Canal entrance. I don't know if anyone tried this idea, but I did and it worked out great for Leather City where I'm mayor. I delivered/installed 46 mine supports, then leveled canal floor.

Darq Passage Canal

Spoiler

Description;. early knowledge for Wurm reference. This is a link to original post about the canal and deed owner, Wormhole. Map is interesting 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122113-xanadu-darq-passage-canal-open-but-page-2-update/#comment-1253820

What I'd like to see next is: 

~ Barricade post letting us know and describing the work he did on the canal to leave a trace history for our Alliance and other sailors in the area.

Edited by jasminth
to add a link
  • Like 2

I'm always excited to see work happening here. I just wish I could have stayed around long enough to finish it properly. Great job!

• Like 1

Hey Wurmhole! Big thanks your way on making the Darq Passage possible for us sailing folks :D ::thumbs up::

How about a little prediction that one day Darq will be as passable as Fog. Wouldn't that be fantastic! 

• Like 1

so far the work that been going on in the tunnel is we remove all the collpase rock tiles and are now down to only veins left witch is the biggest problem of em all tho i have a few people from around xanadu helping out with the heavy grind we got one fixing ceiling atm to make it taller and nice and flat from there we got to supporting the walls then we will remove all veins in the middle section of the tunnel to let people travle in the tunnel a bit more easy for to 2 last steps is to remove all veins in the 3x wide tunnel and then mine down the floor so we can have bigger ships like caravals corbs etc etc pass the tunnel as the tunnel it self can only be use by knarr sailboat and for last support the floor just to make it look really good and this is only a maybe will maybe make some lamps for the tunnel so it is a bit more easy to see in it but that is the work and future work that will happen in the tunnel :)

• Like 2

Will the floor be passable by horse or cart after, or just by boat? If we lose cart travel, it won't be the worst thing ever, but it is always nice to have.  I just sailed through fir the first time in about a year and wow! You folks have done some real work :)

Also, fantastic in the N/S tunnel at the West end of Canal. Love it!

Edited by Wurmhole

6 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Will the floor be passable by horse or cart after, or just by boat? If we lose cart travel, it won't be the worst thing ever, but it is always nice to have.  I just sailed through fir the first time in about a year and wow! You folks have done some real work :)

Also, fantastic in the N/S tunnel at the West end of Canal. Love it!

Walking through would be nice ...but, problem are mountains around on both sides, on east end there is road by the lake, but west end are mountains, high slopes and rock tiles, as long as there is someone willing to spend thousands of hours game time and billions of dirt to build that roads, then there shouldn't be a problem, there is Hellhound Trail south of tunnel, which is connected to existing roads, but again building walkable passage together with boat tunnel just to build it isn't a case, i hvn't done it in my tunnel due to no roads around, which caused me to be one of arguments refused heritage for the tunnel, so if you want heritage then build that passage even no one will use it, and there won't be possibility to connect to the roads without few months work and thousands of mats

I'm guessing the N/S tunnel I mentioned above does connect to the Hell Hound Trail?  If so, then that should be good enough for a bypass, should someone not feel like boating through.  But I have to say, in Wurm, it seems there is always someone crazy enough to do unthinkable tasks.

On my way out on Friday I got a count on all the veins in the canal.

Here's the tally

Poor Acceptable Normal Good Very Good Utmost Total
Iron 9 5 14 12 9 6 55
Zinc 3   1 2 2 1 9
Copper   1 3       4
Lead     1   1   2

Edited by Trooper
  • Like 1