Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Slow change of focus

I never knew you, but thanks for the game! Best of luck in your future projects. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for a great game Rolf.  And whatever you do.... just keep on Wurming!

• Like 1

Thanks for Wurm Rolf... now get us some more kids to play with! 

• Like 1

Rolf, we've talked rarely but I was always impressed with your dedication to your playerbase.

Especially considering how irate we can be when something goes wrong.

There is no other game like Wurm. I've played just about every attempt. You created something unique.

Your patience and dedication brought WO through to this date, and I commend you on this achievement.

Get out there and enjoy your life a bit.

Thank you for Wurm, thank you for seeing this through, and lastly thank you for the smooth transfer to a dedicated team.

Thank you for the years of enjoyment had, and the years to come.

- Makarus.

P.s. I do miss the bouncy old logo.

P.p.s. to the new team: You got dis.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sila said:

even rolf seems to quit wurm

They/we always come back!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Makarus said:

They/we always come back!

Yup!

Edited by magdegreen
  • Like 1

Jump in to unity and have some fun if you are looking to stay in gaming and have some fun in C# you will have hours of fun.  If you do dab with unity look up some great asset store software. Unistorm, MC morph, and Gaia very well done and worth a purchase to have fun and build something amazing with. Not sure why every time a dev team get together they want to make there own from scratch and it takes them a long time to ever get to the point where already made for sale software is. I see this to often whats wrong with buying other peoples software that just write great software. 

All that aside what ever you do Rolf have fun in it. We only go around once on the wheel of life so might as well have fun. 13 years on a single project is a long time so hope what you do next is more fun than you had on WO.

• Like 1

Rolf,

Tremendously grateful for the time you spent with us. I think time is the most important gift someone can offer another. Thirteen years is a terribly long time. I hope your next endeavor is fruitful and rewarding. 

Budda and Devs,

The Rift is amazing. Looking forward to what the future holds. 

• Like 1

So...Wurm online is now Budhas Wurm unlimited server?  Sad to see you go Rolf, hopping you pay LOTS of attention to Wurm and her direction.  
Ahh hell, I'm trying to be diplomatic but to hell with it.   If I wanted to be playing WU, I'd be playing that.   Please don't step back until you have actual staff.   No offence to existing volunteer staff, but I'd like a longevity plan that doesn't rely on free labour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

So...Wurm online is now Budhas Wurm unlimited server?  Sad to see you go Rolf, hopping you pay LOTS of attention to Wurm and her direction.  
Ahh hell, I'm trying to be diplomatic but to hell with it.   If I wanted to be playing WU, I'd be playing that.   Please don't step back until you have actual staff.   No offence to existing volunteer staff, but I'd like a longevity plan that doesn't rely on free labour.

We currently have several paid staff members

Budda is a fulltime contracted member, as am I.

Taufiqkh, Keenan, Alectrys, Enki, Daryl are also all contracted for various duties

• Like 4

Aha, so you work full time with coordinating Community Relations?

Would be great to hear how your work as such is developing.

On a full time, I bet lots can be achived!

I suggest a topic for Buddas future plans for developement and a topic for Retros future plans for Community relations!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I suggest a topic for Buddas future plans for developement and a topic for Retros future plans for Community relations!

as stated earlier in this thread and in another thread we will be discussing future development in a later post some time this week

• Like 2

Glad that Wurm is automated enough that you can step back and relax. That's what having businesses is about and you've put plenty of time in to get to this point. Don't be a stranger though, it was great seeing you ingame on GV and Ele :) and on here so I hope you stay involved. Good luck man.

"Long Live Wurm!"

• Like 2

Yes I saw that, I just suggest separate topics for development and for the work on community relations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecci said:

Yes I saw that, I just suggest separate topics for development and for the work on community relations.

Patch notes, social media, weekly news, that's the work on CR, its already there!

• Like 1

Good luck with everything, Rolf. This is truly a unique game and I believe you have left it in the hands of people that really know the essence of what wurm is. I'm sure Budda and the team will bring us more and more content. Pleas keep us informed from time to time what you are up too. :)

Thanks everyone! As Retro points out I'm still around!

Cheers:wub::)

• Like 17

Yes i have saying this for years...getting help from voluntering people...u might ask for help as well from graphic design artists and people that can give good advice about how to get more subscribers to WO.

Edited by sandokhan

So it is indeed a sabatical - of sorts. Thank you for a unique game - it regularly makes me mad, angry and frustrated also, but then I am guessing that might well be (almost) completely as planned by it's creator ;) (no mountaintops possible without deep valleys inbetween etc :) ).

I wish you well in your future endeavours, may they make your life richer (not in the meaning of more golds and silvers - though those are also easy to have on the side of course!). Don't get lost (I can think of examples of that) - but then I don't really expect that to happen, seeing how you have handled the 'take-over' here (while still keeping an eye out in the background) - that doesn't speak of wild runarounds :)

Curious to see where Wurm will be going from here on - good luck to all involved!

Edited by Kianga

I'm generally very pleased with how the current team is working out, especially in terms of communication.

One thing I'm very curious about, though: Wurm is a lot of things to a lot of people. It's a kingdom-based medieval PvP game, it's a crafting game, it's a sandbox, it's an exploration and survival(ish) game... it means a lot of different things to different people, and of course sometimes those interests can conflict, as different players want different things. This undoubtedly applies to developers as well. So, now that Budda is essentially at the helm, I'd really like to know what he envisions Wurm as being. The late 2016 development roadmap is nice, but I mean bigger-picture design goals and philosophy behind what Wurm should be and what its strengths and weaknesses are, and general development direction.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Thank you Rolf for your creation.  I've enjoyed playing WO and will continue to do so.  Good luck on your future learning in new projects.