Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Slow change of focus

3 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

google; games like wurm online, nothing comes close, why does this smell like the end

life is feud.....KILL MEH PLS

• Like 2

I see nothing wrong with a manager being managing and not coding in a company.

Thanks a lot for this game, which I enjoy living in each day and which I strongly believe the dev team will continue to push forward.

..hopefully we will see you actually playing sometimes? :P

• Like 1

Ah, this explains a fair amount, especially in ruling out large scale changes in the future.  Do try playing a solo priest some time rolf, it is an experience not soon to be forgotton.

Ultima online became a game developed by community volunteers, I see no reason for wurm not to make this transition.

Good luck new dev team, the future of wurm is in your hands.

• Like 1

Good luck in the future Rolf! Thanks for making this great game.

Please add some mechanic to make Beer before you leave us, so we can always drink on you! (You promised us in Amsterdam!!!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Please add some mechanic to make Beer before you leave us, so we can always drink on you! (You promised us in Amsterdam!!!)

They've already promised it in one of posts about the cooking update. SOON.

• Like 1

It's a wise man who knows when it's time to take a break and do something different, I congratulate you Rolf on finding others to carry on the torch of WO when it was time for you to do something else. Thanks so much for creating WO :)

• Like 2

So much complaining about not being able to change pants mid combat.

What's so bad about them? and why is it just 2-3 people complaining?

• Like 2

Thank you for making such an awesome game and best of luck in your new ventures. I'm still fairly new on staff, but I can say there are a ton of really nice people behind the scenes working hard. Good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you for many hours of awesome gaming and best of luck on your next projects!

Somehow though this sound like the end of Wurm,I hope I am mistaken.

• Like 1

Oh NOOOOOO! :(

They don't even need to get Rolfs approval on anything.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Goldgretel said:

Thank you for many hours of awesome gaming and best of luck on your next projects!

Somehow though this sound like the end of Wurm,I hope I am mistaken.

Last night I lost the world ,and gained the universe.

Edited by Goldgretel
  • Like 1

I'm here from a very short time, but I want tell you good luck anyway. I think and hope there is a new big, shining door waiting for you to be open :)

• Like 2

So when is microsoft going to buy Code Club AB now that you are handing it over? Oh wait, that was a different game... ;) 

• Like 1

Please Rolf, if you don't love Wurm anymore, sell it to someone who can take proper care of it.

• Like 6

AH  i knew it this was going to happen at some point in time.

• Like 1

This just means he's still guiding the rudder with less pulling on the oars...

now if that was just ingame...

• Like 1

WO2 with hexagonal tiles (fences inside tile instead of borders), 3d water and 3d mines, and ZEPPELINS? =P

• Like 2

I am glad that WU brought you the money you needed to move on and try other things. I think turning the creative aspect over to the players was a good thing because you can tell that you checked out a long time ago.

Good luck on your future endeavors and thanks for creating a great game. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

All these haters. @Rolfjust shut the game down for a month and see how they like it. The fiends will be sitting there for hours trying to log in saying they only had one day off and it's now ruined. Maybe force them to get a life again.

13 years is a good amount of life spent on any project. Time to move on man you earned your escape.

• Like 2

I wish you all the best with your future endeavors Rolf, as people before me said you created something truely unique in itself and I can just sign that.

Wurm has a special place in my gaming heart and only one other game ever managed it's way in there (EverQuest until Planes of Powers expansion :P ).

Thanks again for everything and good luck to Budda. ;)

• Like 2

Certainly feels like an end of an era and although I think this is wrong for wurm, You certainly have earned it Rolf. So Thank you for creating a game like no other and I have enjoyed the many years I have had ingame.

Edited by Belfesar
  • Like 1

I'm sure the devs team are doing the best they can to enhance the game for us,but we need to give them a chance and ...a bit of patience.

Good luck to all of them and looking forward to the new changes.

As a game creator, you cannot fully leave the game,but the fact of being away from what concerns crucial transitions can't be seen as a positive result after all those years imo.

• Like 2

I appreciate all of the hard work you've done Rolf as well as the work from the Wurm Team. I am looking forward to seeing what the next chapter holds for both and regardless of the hate from some, none of us would be here without the game you've created. You've really accomplished something here and I hope that motivates you further in everything else you take on.

• Like 5

Dear Rolf,

I found myself growing a bit misty eyed as I read of your impending departure of the god of Wurm and yet I tried in various indirect and circuitous ways to warn you of the Gnome Conspiracy. Now you have finally succumbed to their evil plot to wrest control of these Wurm lands from your fading grasp. Still, you have made it out alive with much remaining sanity intact. Go forth now to experience your freedom and peace of mind and let go those nightmares of the dancing red hats deep within the bowls of Wurm tunneling everywhere to make the substance of it all little more than the Swiss cheese favored by your predecessors.

Gnomes! Woe the day that they subtly influenced your subconscious to bring them into existence. Now with minds of lesser determination that your own in a dispersed pattern of control I am sure that their fun will continue, as they now more readily shape these Wurmy worlds to their liking. Just beware that none give them back their glow on those red hats for that is where their true power lies. Lies? Yes, all lies within lies, no lie. Well maybe a few here and there but that is another matter.

You might think this all a bit peculiar of a revelation for me to make so plain where otherwise I had need to obfuscate it under the guise of other issues; however, since you have now abdicated your godhoodieness I feel it only wise to state otherwise, even to those guys. For although prying eyes have no fingers to leverage their investigations, they still might do much damage to those of not so subtle thought processes. But you and Ayes we've been through that and that is not our fate. So let's not talk falsely now for the hour, well you know.

Eras come and go, time passes, new eventualities arise. Within these shorter timeframes Wurm has arisen. Therein some minds have dwelled and expanded their perceptions through their creations. Mini-gods we all can be here in various ways, traveling with the shallow perception of mere puddles or the depths of Wurm's oceans where no one but the Gnomes have introspected. Who could deny that the One of Two who created this is but the god of it all. Mere Gnome usurpers are only profiteers of what they themselves could not imagine to bring into existence. Go in peace.

Happy Trails

=Ayes= 

• Like 4