Sign in to follow this  
Aniceset

Xanadu Community Map

1 hour ago, Spacy said:

I don't have those skills, I am afraid.  Depending on what is said, might be a new discussion.  Thanks!

Unlike the other servers, xan always loads (most of the others I have to try to load them 2-3 times before one fully loads) so in that regards I am very happy, and I expect others are as well.  You also do a great job of keeping up, which is very appreciated!

Yeah, I like the format of this map better than others I've tried (haven't tried them all, tho). I will try to work on Jack to see if he can dedicate a couple hrs to update the maps and maybe give me a tutorial of sorts on his ~60 files of code that make up the entire thing. I've done some short searches on making maps online, but have found nothing that's plug and play and free :)

I'd love to help you out, but I have zero coding skills.. I'd say maybe create a forum topic to search for someone who could do it? Would be nice to see all the changes I made in Xan over the year! If you need any other help than coding, let us know! Good luck o/

5 hours ago, Spacy said:

most of the others I have to try to load them 2-3 times before one fully loads

This is weird, because nobody ever reported that problem with our maps before (I take it you referred to the maps made with our map engine: Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Harmony, Melody, Cadence). Could it be an issue on your side? Maybe we can figure out the reason. 

Apart from that, our map engine is ready for other servers 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yaga said:

This is weird, because nobody ever reported that problem with our maps before (I take it you referred to the maps made with our map engine: Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Harmony, Melody, Cadence). Could it be an issue on your side? Maybe we can figure out the reason. 

Apart from that, our map engine is ready for other servers 😉

Hi Yaga,

I know quite a few people who have commented on this.  No idea what the issue really it.  It loads the outline/border, but not the map key, not the zoom or any of the functionality, and not the map itself.  I will often open 3-4 times in different tabs (chrome) and usually 1-2 of them open.  Rare that all 3 will.  Once it opens, it works great.  I actually prefer your layers as checkpoints to click on and off, and the zoom feature scrolls really nice (used to use autocad a lot, so sorry if the terms I am using are different).  bThe only issue I have noticed on your maps is that if you accidently zoom out below 1 (goes to 0.5) you cannot get it back to 1.  It will instead zoom to 0.5, 1.5, 2.5 etc.  

I am glad we have maps - makes life so much easier.  Thank all of you who help make and keep them up.

6 hours ago, Spacy said:

I know quite a few people who have commented on this.

Sadly, nobody told ME until now, so I am not aware of any problems. 🙁 Could be a rare browser problem... 

Anyway, my offer stands. The community decides. 🙂

2 hours ago, Yaga said:

Sadly, nobody told ME until now, so I am not aware of any problems. 🙁 Could be a rare browser problem... 

Anyway, my offer stands. The community decides. 🙂

Never been told about it because I am doubtful it happens.
Never once had an issue with the Yaga community maps - even when I am on my phone, they still work lovely in desktop mode.

Once all maps land on Yagas map mode - the community maps will finally be up to standard.
This map and the Indy map are lacking, in both usability and detail.

18 hours ago, Blazecraze said:

Once all maps land on Yagas map mode - the community maps will finally be up to standard.

I sent a message to Yaga about getting the Xanadu map moved over to their engine. Unless there are any super strong objections, I'm thinking this is the way to go.

• Like 4

On 4/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Blazecraze said:

Never been told about it because I am doubtful it happens.
Never once had an issue with the Yaga community maps - even when I am on my phone, they still work lovely in desktop mode.

Hmm. could you specify more how Xanadu's current map is lacking in usability and detail?

I personally find it better looking and have not lacked any useful function or detail in it. Do you mean more types of markers for things like clay tiles etc? I just zoom in to see what the tile is. If you mean public clay, tar etc. most of Xan is big enough you can just find your free spot. For guard towers etc. I guess even current map could have those added if someone could code the map. But I also don't see much need for those either. You tend to find them where roads and villages are.

And for special mention, if Xanadu map does get moved to Yaga engine, please add isometric view to that engine as well. Much prettier and much faster for spotting your approximate location based on surrounding landscape. (Of course don't ever try to pinpoint your location to exact tile from isometric, does not work for that.)