Xanadu Community Map

On 8/2/2020 at 2:25 PM, DaletheGood said:

Done

On 8/1/2020 at 6:47 PM, xReesex said:

Please add:

Mountainside Shore

4104, 6438.

Thanks

Sorry to bother again. Can you please change Mountainside Shore to MountainSide.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, xReesex said:

Sorry to bother again. Can you please change Mountainside Shore to MountainSide.

Thanks!

Done. Wasn't clear if you wanted to retain "Shore" or not, so went with changing it verbatim to just MountainSide

Update to the map... Updated the deed colors to be more readable for people with color vision deficiencies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackjones said:

Update to the map... Updated the deed colors to be more readable for people with color vision deficiencies.

Thanks Jack! Although I don't notice that much of a difference. Seems to be a more saturated red, not quite as transparent. But cool :) Thanks!

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

Thanks Jack! Although I don't notice that much of a difference. Seems to be a more saturated red, not quite as transparent. But cool :) Thanks!

Might need to be adjusted a bit.. the opacity of deed markers should fade as you zoom in.

Looking at the map today, it looks like the deeds are now white text o n yellow backgrounds. I can't read them.

5 hours ago, Ajala said:

Looking at the map today, it looks like the deeds are now white text o n yellow backgrounds. I can't read them.

I agree it is somewhat harder to read on certain zoom stages. At large distance, it is widely ok, close by, when the square is getting transparent, also fine. But intermediately it is not so good. Might you consider to change into some sort of more orange/brownish deed square, or possibly darker text?

Edit: That said, I want to stress that I absolutely agree to the objective to make the map more barrier free for people with limited colour recognition. If it is possible to change the recent inconveniences without compromising that goal, pls act, otherwise I can live with the current display.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1

2 new places in F26:

7810, 1820  Poitot

7790, 1880 Syndicate

Highway along coast from Tommeki to us has been extended north to Poitot (planned future expansions as well, but months away on the checklists of things we wish to accomplish).  Around us are a few deeds that don't wish to be named, but have also done quite a bit of terraforming and they don't mind showing that .  No idea what is involved in getting the data to show that, but might make it easier for peeps to find us.  Thank you!

4 hours ago, Spacy said:

7810, 1820  Poitot

7790, 1880 Syndicate

Done.

FYI, the underlying maps are from the map dumps that the GMs put out shortly after the new year. That is unchanging until the next map dump. The overlaying data, the settlements, tunnels, etc. are just that, an overlay on the map. That is the data that this thread deals with. People post the names and coordinates and we put them into a spreadsheet which then generates the points and lines. But the underlying terrain is a snapshot from January and will not show any changes until the next map dump.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bertu said:

Please add  Eagles Pass 5813 _ 2983 thank you

Done

On 10/9/2020 at 9:46 PM, DaletheGood said:

Done.

FYI, the underlying maps are from the map dumps that the GMs put out shortly after the new year. That is unchanging until the next map dump. The overlaying data, the settlements, tunnels, etc. are just that, an overlay on the map. That is the data that this thread deals with. People post the names and coordinates and we put them into a spreadsheet which then generates the points and lines. But the underlying terrain is a snapshot from January and will not show any changes until the next map dump.

Thanks.  I kinda guess it was like that, but figured I would ask in case it wasn't.  And, thank you for adding our villages.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, Silvanoshaya said:

7717,5990 Coven of the Twilight Storm

Done :)

19 hours ago, Jorun said:

Please add Luciferian Towers at 6367, 5198 🙂

Done