Sign in to follow this  
Aniceset

Xanadu Community Map

On 1/22/2019 at 11:58 PM, Alendhor said:

Hi. I am the owner of Aven Linuath on Newspring.

Please add my alt, Cordon's, deed, Arvaelonne at 951, -7256

Deed dimensions are: west-16, east-20, north-5, south-7.

I also have a deed named Kender Hollow at 1055, -7274.

I'm not entirely sure of the deed dimensions.

The current mayor of Kender Hollow is Thiedari.

12 hours ago, ilyhasp said:

Sumy new village 5220 -4087 please add

Done

Some deeds to add:

New Deed:

Lake Side: 6617 , -2050 (Mayor Tigerclaw)

Port Squirrel: 6878, -1956 (Mayor Mimma)

Kell: 6815, -1967 (Mayor Pearjade)

Serenity Point: 6845, -1960 (Mayor Khador)

Pluckyduckyville: 6952, -1954 (Mayor Axx)

Change Coordinates:

Waterside Ridge: 6655, -1989

Change Tunnel Name:

S/W Tunnel (Canal / Tunnel / Knarrs only): Location is North East of Map (6741, -1930)

As the tunnel doesn't go south, I would like this fixing to E/W Canal Tunnel (Knarrs Only).

Alternatively I would like to suggest a name for the Lake West of this Tunnel, based on the local deed on the Island just west of the tunnel (Shimmergrove)

Referring to the Lake as "Shimmer Lake" the tunnel would be referred to as:

• Shimmer Lake East Canal/Tunnel (Knarrs Only)

I will be making "Shimmer Lake South Canal/Tunnel" in the near future to reach Summerholt. 

Edited by Vaelir
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:41 PM, ShockingAWe said:

Please add the deed Morrowwind. Coordinates are 7619, -6791

Done 

2 hours ago, Vaelir said:

Some deeds to add:

New Deed:

Lake Side: 6617 , -2050 (Mayor Tigerclaw)

Port Squirrel: 6878, -1956 (Mayor Mimma)

Kell: 6815, -1967 (Mayor Pearjade)

Serenity Point: 6845, -1960 (Mayor Khador)

Pluckyduckyville: 6952, -1954 (Mayor Axx)

Change Coordinates:

Waterside Ridge: 6655, -1989

Change Tunnel Name:

S/W Tunnel (Canal / Tunnel / Knarrs only): Location is North East of Map (6741, -1930)

As the tunnel doesn't go south, I would like this fixing to E/W Canal Tunnel (Knarrs Only).

Alternatively I would like to suggest a name for the Lake West of this Tunnel, based on the local deed on the Island just west of the tunnel (Shimmergrove)

Referring to the Lake as "Shimmer Lake" the tunnel would be referred to as:

• Shimmer Lake East Canal/Tunnel (Knarrs Only)

I will be making "Shimmer Lake South Canal/Tunnel" in the near future to reach Summerholt. 

Done, but please look over the changes to verify accuracy. 

Thanks for helping make our map better! 

• Like 1

Please add Mountain Pass Mining Corporation {1275,-5957} to the map. Thank you .

On 2/10/2019 at 9:40 PM, Carmichael said:

New Deed: A Crusaders Retreat

coords 7858,-5843

On 2/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Reo said:

Please add Mountain Pass Mining Corporation {1275,-5957} to the map. Thank you .

Done, keep em coming 

please add fishing getaway to  1588  , -3530   

and Holtburg  at  1595 , -3571

Please add my deed and my alts deed

The Islands of Time 7712, -5988 (P26 and P25)

Timeless Isle 7817, -6129 (Q26)

I find it bit odd that the Westwood deed in Lake Vrock 2962 -2033 was removed from the map few days after disbanded by upkeep though it was not demanded. I saw other deeds staying on map for months, and a grace period should always be granted in case the former owner changed his/her mind or gets aware of a lapse.

There are also deeds missing on the current map (Vrock Landing region) that still exist and have been on the map. One of them is held by me (through an alt). No requests have been made to remove this deeds from the map, thus I'm a bit puzzled what happened.

Some deeds may be removed because they were on the list in this topic: 

Problem was, that players began to use that topic as well as this one to list their deed location, so lots of things got messed up. Including the fact that deeds were on the map, while they have been disbanded a long time ago.

Easiest would be to just remove a deed from the map when it drops and then have the owner requesting to add it to the map again, after they re-deeded.

I'm aware it's a bit more work, however it would save a lot of people a lot of headaches when they're looking at the map and see a deed that's gone for 2 years at the location they currently are and where examining the ground doesn't show a deed at all. Plus that way the map remains a lot more updated as well.

Thorin :)

43 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Some deeds may be removed because they were on the list in this topic: 

Yeah, Thorin, I checked that thread, no mention of the deed. Only explanation I can offer is when you guys went through some old logs (about 2 years ago) and removed deeds disbanded back then. Deed in question disbanded back then due to an alliance member leaving the game. Deed had been refounded April 2018.

Funnily I have a screenshot showing the deed from last autumn, screenshot made for a public dragon slaying:

l6fv8hWm.jpg

Anyway, please re-enter "Vrock Landing Inn" at position 2752, -2182. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Problem was, that players began to use that topic as well as this one to list their deed location, so lots of things got messed up. Including the fact that deeds were on the map, while they have been disbanded a long time ago.

Easiest would be to just remove a deed from the map when it drops and then have the owner requesting to add it to the map again, after they re-deeded.

I'm aware it's a bit more work, however it would save a lot of people a lot of headaches when they're looking at the map and see a deed that's gone for 2 years at the location they currently are and where examining the ground doesn't show a deed at all. Plus that way the map remains a lot more updated as well.

I politely disagree here. Indeed, there was a removal just immediately on disbanding in one case, and one neither demanded nor justified, of Vrock's Market and  Inn  deed, an existing and longer standing deed. This demonstrates how harmful and disturbing overzealous update of the map is.

Of course, every deed should be added when the owner demands it, and equally be removed, even if the deed is still active. And when a deed is gone, a new founder in the neighbourhood also may have legitimate interests in having the disbanded deed to vanish fast. But removal without request should still be done in a more conservative way.

Many large old deeds served and serve as a landmark, an orientation point. I fail to see the damage when somebody arrives at a place where he or she thought there were a deed but must realize that there is none. That could even happen when the deed was disbanded short before. I would even welcome much, as far as the community map software allows for, if the historical maps from former years would show the deeds of their time.

Edited by Ekcin
corrected misnaming and typo

My Deed is a little off from where it is the black circle is where the marker should be 

a90dc80b6e71f88f92869d48ea025a87.png

With all due respect Ekcin, but I wasn't talking about the Vrock Landings Inn. I don't know what went wrong there, but I do know I certainly wasn't involved.

What I'm talking about is all the deeds dropping by upkeep we see passing by in Event's list and which can also be found when using Inventory (or character panel) -> manage -> settlment -> Area History.

That's the tab where you can find the messages about the entire server when it comes to appearing uniques, slain uniques, rifts opening, deeds founded by whom and deeds disbanding by either player or upkeep.

We can safely asume that the moment a deed drops because of lack of upkeep, it is because the player left the game. If they haven't, they would've dropped money in the upkeep as soon as they noticed upkeep was running out. And there are multiple ways to find that out.

So, when looking at the Area History, all that needs  to be done is checking the names of the dropped deeds with those on the map and remove those which have dropped by upkeep.

If it's a player disband, it can mean a lot of things. Like the player moving to another spot, the player moving the token, the player wanting to rename the deed etc. Upkeep disbands are permanent and can be taken into account.

Keeping old deeds at the map is only more confusing, as new players who check the map for a nice spot to settle may see a deed at a spot where there isn't a deed anymore. Using it as an extra overlay is only useful for when you want to do archaeology, but at the same time it would also spoil archy's fun as finding out which deed was there is part of that in the first place.

Thorin :)

On 2/16/2019 at 11:53 AM, validate said:

please add fishing getaway to  1588  , -3530   

and Holtburg  at  1595 , -3571

fishing getaway was added to same spot as holtburg.  it should be up by the water  1588 ,-3530    or maybe -3535   for the fishing getaway please. 

and thanks for all you do.