Sign in to follow this  
Makarus

'cool' suggestion thread. ( the veenter section )

Yo. Idea henceforth:

With all these winter posts, and my love for winter both ingame and out, I wanted to start me own thread for Winter ideas to spice it up like a pumkin latte for all wurmians to enjoy.

Speaking of spiced drinks, do we have eggnog in game yet?

If not, why?

Winter should be special. Historically, it's the only season where food is scarce. We don't experience any of that in Wurm.

We should have thermal effects.

Frostbite. Yesssss

Increased calorie consumption. Stay warm or starve trying.

Frozen rivers and lakes.

Frozen oceans if north enough.

Icebergs. The ice must floe!

But really, my big idea is a focus on reginal server behavior.

If your server was far enough towards the equator, youd never experience winter. Go north lad, and thaat is all you will get.

The only problem I see is that players exist on our current servers.

I mean, theyd move south if permafrost set in.

Glaciers in the back yard.

Winter trolls.

Mammoths...

About the above: I will edit when I'm at a computer. Phone is bad for thinking... I think I understand our societal problems, using this thing.

Go ahead and be constructive, below. Think cold. Winter. Awesome.

Remembrr to dress warm.

Edited by Makarus
Forthwith

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Makarus said:

Yo. Idea henceforth:

With all these winter posts, and my love for winter both ingame and out, I wanted to start me own thread for Winter ideas to spice it up like a pumkin latte for all wurmians to enjoy.

finn: could be what we were missing to like the winter... SOMETHING TO DO, that's UNIQUE FOR THE SEASON, like.. yetti hunting..:lol::lol:

current situation is... "It's winter, yay... is this tile grass, sand or road? who knows.. let's examine to figure..":rolleyes: , that's occupying some time.. but not that exciting to do for a long time

Speaking of spiced drinks, do we have eggnog in game yet?

If not, why?

finn: cooking was simplified, next patch offers some new options... maybe this is the best time to suggest that?

Winter should be special. Historically, it's the only season where food is scarce. We don't experience any of that in Wurm.

finn: let's skip this.. farming is a thing that is op for plenty of reasons...

We should have thermal effects.

Frostbite. Yesssss

finn: ugh.. no.. imagine the poor noobs.. they love running around naked.. what if they turn into frost walkers :o

Increased calorie consumption. Stay warm or starve trying.

Frozen rivers and lakes.

finn: if fishing was viable.. maybe it could have mattered... but freezing the waters ... could also harm the shipbuilding/selling/traveling around for fun/deliveries or unique slayings.. etc.. let's not pull the winter sledges on the ice and hook dogs to them.. there's boats, rare-SUPREME boats for that traveling around:rolleyes:

Frozen oceans if north enough.

Icebergs. The ice must floe!

But really, my big idea is a focus on reginal server behavior.

If your server was far enough towards the equator, youd never experience winter. Go north lad, and thaat is all you will get.

finn: atm only regional thing that exists is the red/white grapes, and the mob spawns on xanadu(maybe fixed by now?):lol::lol:

The only problem I see is that players exist on our current servers.

I mean, theyd move south if permafrost set in.

Glaciers in the back yard.

finn: moving's not fun.... some have invested A LOT into their deeds/farms/animals/..., moving because of elsa's mood is just not a an option, there'be war!<_<

Winter trolls.

finn: yes! yettis!

Mammoths...

finn: not sure about these

About the above: I will edit when I'm at a computer. Phone is bad for thinking... I think I understand our societal problems, using this thing.

Go ahead and be constructive, below. Think cold. Winter. Awesome.

Remembrr to dress warm.

what post? ^;)

Winter is coming.

There will be war, famine.

There will be blood!

Am i doing this right

Suggestion: walls cracking in deep frost. Keep house heated to prevent.

Settling on tundra.

Structures sink. I can go outside and take pictures of slow settling in muskeg.

Lets do this.

I'm probably one of the more simulationist tryhards around here, and even I think most of this is crazy.

I would personally like more survivalist aspects to play, potentially, but a lot of this is way too severe and unfun, and doesn't consider its own implications.

All I would like to see is maybe crops stop growing in winter (it's only 5 days), and  needing to wear warming clothing like wool otherwise you take a stamina reduction.

Edited by Budzilla

21 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

and doesn't consider its own implications.

Winter has never considered it's own implications.

This would all be a lot to implement.

Pro tip: in Ark northlands, swim during blizzards. It's warmer. In the frozen water.

Back to wurm!

I really do want an improved winter. I suggest rolf impliments these additions to gameplay.

Now haggle. Offer better winter improvement ideas.

Winter needs love.

Fountain pan replacement idea suggestion: avalanches.

Surprisingly... most wurmdeda would be protected. Those steep walls dont grow snow in the kayers required to trukey avalanche