Sign in to follow this  
Alendhor

Player Respawn Options

I'd like to suggest a couple additions to respawn points for players who die. One would be to add the deed tokens to settlements in a player's alliance to the list of possible respawn points. Another is allowing players to "bind" to tokens near their location (in case of death). A setting could be added to settlement permissions allowing the mayor to decide whether (and perhaps who) players can bind at their tokens. Both of these additions would possibly give players who die the opportunity to respawn closer to the location so they're not forced to run naked hallway across the server to get to their corpse. Just a thought.

Alendhor  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alendhor said:

I'd like to suggest a couple additions to respawn points for players who die. One would be to add the deed tokens to settlements in a player's alliance to the list of possible respawn points.

Alendhor  

That's already an option, if you die on a 50ish tile radius from an allied deed.

Add to it that there is always a tent option, and anyone can have multiple tents placed all around the map, if they feel so, and choose to which one to respawn (a good trick is to have a tent in inventory, add it to toolbelt, and have a key bound to drop, if you see your health going down, just hover the toolbelt and press the drop key).

• Like 1

I did actually get the option to respawn at my alts deed recently, but normally don't. I know about the tent option, but I also noticed they're fairly difficult to make for those of us who have joined the Wurm party late. It would still be nice to have the tile radius for allied deeds extended; 50 tiles is not a very large radius. It also isn't very realistic to be able to pitch a tent in the middle of combat.

Even with the tent trick crappy computers sometimes don't give you options and ofc freeze at worst times, so why not have the option to spawn at the nearest deed

Some deeds are completely fenced in.  If you respawn at them, you would have to suicide to get out of them.