A MAGIC chest could hold a volume of a large cart inside, for instance, because it's magic.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As it was stated many times in the fountain pan thread. the ability to store large amounts of items was not going to be replaced.

So when Budda said this " Allowing a broken, bugged mechanic to be the official solution to other bugged items (a solution that a very small percentage of players actually have access to) isn't acceptable, imo. Replacing that bugged mechanic (that allows a method storing of near unlimited numbers of items with no decay whatsoever) with something else that all players can access (that fills the need these items currently fill, not including the obvious broken parts), as well as fixing those bugged items (e.g. pelts not fitting in anything realistic) is the best option we have. In the very near future I'll be working on a larger mechanic change that will help with the loss of fountain pans - but I'm not ready to give the details for those yet. You'll just have to trust that I know this is a big deal for some people, and I'll be aiming to soften the blow of losing fountain pans as much as I can while leaving the broken mechanic of it gone. "

That was not true? I am asking because I am some what confused, I am not sure what to believe anymore.

Those statements are not contradictory. Budda specifically said "not including the obvious broken parts".

The broken part would be the being able to put 'too much' into one container, the nesting: in other words the amounts being stored. The not broken part then would be the non-decay on the kind of items partained in those fountains, right? Which are a LOT more kinds then 'dye and deed-decorations' (the last not even being stored in those fountains, generally). I.m.o. the words said earlier would be better covered (reachable for most everyone as said to be the desire) by non-decay on deeds with thirty days upkeep. Telling people to buy a row of magical chests (which don't even fit certain things at all which *should* fit but that aside) is about ten streets further, finance-wise, then decay-free deeds (for everything on deed, though wear through use still should stay). Making elite more elite again, keeping it out of reach of the vast majority - which is *said*  to be one of the reasons pans have to go... making that part of the argument not very believable. At all.

On the other hand I do like the measuring cups and the other things coming in - good going on that part.

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 1

The only reasonable solution is to make a storage alt army, since development is impeded by craniums lodged in orifices.  That is until the staff gets "ambitious" and decides to make inventory decay a thing.  If there's one thing Wurm needs, it's more tedious babysitting of item decay.

So to all the people that have never owned a fountain pan/pack.

Was the existence of these items hurting you before the removal was announced?

Was your life affected by those that owned them?

Did it prevent you from playing Wurm in a productive manner by not having one but seeing those that did?

Seriously, I never had troubles playing wurm without one... I only got mine for organization.  I was not jealous of those that had them.

So my question, why are people SO bothered that they exist?   Exploits you say!   Unfair advantage you say?   Read my three questions again.

Anyway, aside from premium I'll probably look at diverting my obviously disposable income from Wurm into something less whimsical not unlike the decisions of our beloved wurm develpoment team.  I've had enough of the rather inconsistent, yet somehow vexingly consistent, process by which the decision making round here is achieved.  I've said all care to in this topic, the ###### is overwhelming.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Did it prevent you from playing Wurm in a productive manner by not having one but seeing those that did?

Seriously, I never had troubles playing wurm without one... I only got mine for organization.  I was not jealous of those that had them.

Most of us don't really care; through their progressive removal we all have gained something. 

• Like 3

Everything we keep asking and hoping for will be something that is available to all.  Not just a few.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

So my question, why are people SO bothered that they exist?   Exploits you say!   Unfair advantage you say?   Read my three questions again.

Anyway, aside from premium I'll probably look at diverting my obviously disposable income from Wurm into something less whimsical not unlike the decisions of our beloved wurm develpoment team.  I've had enough of the rather inconsistent, yet somehow vexingly consistent, process by which the decision making round here is achieved.  I've said all care to in this topic, the ###### is overwhelming.

Jealousy is biggest power in MMO games. :) If there is a limited item in game, there are two options for majority of those, who don't have it. Either remove it, or make it easily available for everyone. Obviously the third option, where you have to work for it, can't be considered, because it is unfair.

To those, who talk about people complaining. What did devs expect? They remove item, for which people paid 60-70silvers.. was it really expected, that owners are like "oh yeah, fine"?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SeeD said:

What exactly are you looking for? What would you do in this situation?

A way to store some 5-6.000 kg of stuff without decay, preferably that can be managed in one window.

If you think that is unrealistic, then what are dragons, unicorns, meditation powers, and the magic from the preists?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cccdfern said:

Most of us don't really care; through their progressive removal we all have gained something. 

Do tell what have we gained as a direct result of the removal.

Things like containers that can hold enough paint for a knarr?  That could have been achieved without screwing those who paid $50+ for a fountain pan.  All of the new stuff could have.

Schadenfreude at best.

• Like 4

Biggest "feature" of fountain pans hasn't been even addressed. Biggest and main feature(the fact, that they could've been used to paint knarrs and hold ore to smelt has been very minor) is, that they extend capacity of magic chests. Only thing that somewhat addressed that has been the sealing of liquids.

Removal of 5% decay in bsbs and decay of decorations is almost as relevant to fountain pans than the recent prospecting change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mith said:

A way to store some 5-6.000 kg of stuff without decay, preferably that can be managed in one window.

If you think that is unrealistic, then what are dragons, unicorns, meditation powers, and the magic from the preists?

11 minutes ago, rixk said:

Biggest "feature" of fountain pans hasn't been even addressed. Biggest and main feature(the fact, that they could've been used to paint knarrs and hold ore to smelt has been very minor) is, that they extend capacity of magic chests. Only thing that somewhat addressed that has been the sealing of liquids.

Removal of 5% decay in bsbs and decay of decorations is almost as relevant to fountain pans than the recent prospecting change.

That's the direct functionality we don't wish to keep, as per buddas statement in the previous thread.

• Like 2

All this fancy stuff being added but nothing about us keeping fountain packs forever.

2 hours ago, Kswords said:

All this fancy stuff being added but nothing about us keeping fountain packs forever.

Plenty has been said about it. They are getting rid of them, and will not be replacing their functionality. Did you even read anything in this thread?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sila said:

He got plenty of them... that is why

Okay, so tell me since it's clear you may not have one.  

On 10/1/2016 at 9:17 PM, Nomadikhan said:

It's like this..  You're going to (we'll use school since most players may be younger) school, you've done so for years, by bicycle.  One day you see another person going to the same school, but by motor scooter.  Are you jealous?  ###### yeah you are, I mean he's not pedaling.  

However...

Were you able to get to school before you knew about the motor scooter?  Yes, of course.

Was your life affected by that kid having a motor scooter?  No, not really, but it's convenient.

Did it prevent you from getting to school on time even though others have a motor scooter?  No, you left earlier is all.

Don't be jealous cause you weren't on the creation bandwagon or were not playing as long as some and missed out on something.

For ######s sake, I missed out on a fantastic backpack from last year's giveaway... but do you see me posting about how unfair it is that I wasn't active in wurm at the time to obtain one?  No. 

I missed out on sculpting wands too, wasn't playing wurm yet to get one... dare you to look for a post from me asking for those to be removed. 

Oh Oh, I know, magic bags of keeping.. wasn't around for one of those, where's my post claiming those are OP and need removed? 

Farwalker Amulet's, sheesh I missed out again.. find my post about that yet?

The bottom line is this and only this.   Naysayers are against it as they don't have one.   Dev's are against them, all of a sudden, because they want to attraction new players.  Wurm's numbers were up, they were legacy items.  Numbers down, now they're OP and being removed.

Edited by Nomadikhan

15 minutes ago, Nomadikhan said:

Were you able to get to school before you knew about the motor scooter?  Yes, of course.

Was your life affected by that kid having a motor scooter?  No, not really, but it's convenient.

Did it prevent you from getting to school on time even though others have a motor scooter?  No, you left earlier is all.

This is a very poor analogy. The value that a fountain pan gives someone is nigh-infinite storage space inside a single magical chest, and that's huge. If it weren't huge, they wouldn't have been selling for 50s, and people like you wouldn't be complaining so much. It's a lot of value for an item that is inherently buggy and that only veteran players have access to because of limited supply.

If it were such a minor convenience thing, you wouldn't be so dead-set on defending them, and wouldn't have paid whatever you paid for it.

5 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

This is a very poor analogy. The value that a fountain pan gives someone is nigh-infinite storage space inside a single magical chest, and that's huge. If it weren't huge, they wouldn't have been selling for 50s, and people like you wouldn't be complaining so much. It's a lot of value for an item that is inherently buggy and that only veteran players have access to because of limited supply.

If it were such a minor convenience thing, you wouldn't be so dead-set on defending them, and wouldn't have paid whatever you paid for it.

I'm no veteran, I wasn't even around when they were a thing.  I bought 2 and raided 4 from an MR deed on chaos.   They have been available to anyone with the money to waste on them.

I'll sell you 6 right now.

By the way, the advantage of a motor scooter over a bicycle is huge... my analogy was spot on but the fact remains.. even YOU could have one already, is not my fault you don't.

Edited by Nomadikhan

You're right; I could have gotten one if I wanted to spend the money. I'm not sure what that has to do with it.

My point is that you're treating it as a minor convenience thing that doesn't harm anyone, while simultaneously assigning very high value to it, implicitly and explicitly. This is self-contradictory.

That isn't contradictory.  If someone tried to take the scooter away from the child, he would say that wasn't fair.  Everyone has access to it. 

It is all based on what value someone places on something.  In that case and this, time.  My time is valuable.  So the fountain pan was valuable to me.  If you have more free time, then they may not have been as big an issue to you. 

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

Okay, so tell me since it's clear you may not have one.  

It's like this..  You're going to (we'll use school since most players may be younger) school, you've done so for years, by bicycle.  One day you see another person going to the same school, but by motor scooter.  Are you jealous?  ###### yeah you are, I mean he's not pedaling.  

However...

Don't be jealous cause you weren't on the creation bandwagon or were not playing as long as some and missed out on something.

For ######s sake, I missed out on a fantastic backpack from last year's giveaway... but do you see me posting about how unfair it is that I wasn't active in wurm at the time to obtain one?  No. 

I missed out on sculpting wands too, wasn't playing wurm yet to get one... dare you to look for a post from me asking for those to be removed. 

Oh Oh, I know, magic bags of keeping.. wasn't around for one of those, where's my post claiming those are OP and need removed? 

Farwalker Amulet's, sheesh I missed out again.. find my post about that yet?

The bottom line is this and only this.   Naysayers are against it as they don't have one.   Dev's are against them, all of a sudden, because they want to attraction new players.  Wurm's numbers were up, they were legacy items.  Numbers down, now they're OP and being removed.

Several Players have already stated over numerous threads why they won't use / are against the use of FPs... yet time and again this statement keeps getting made as if it's a fact. It's not a fact. It's opinion, nothing more. There have been several reasons given why some of us don't/won't use them and most of those reasons have nothing to do with Envy.

You go ahead and believe what you want. Not our fault you won't accept our reasons. Stop trying to shift the blame to us. We didn't make this decision. Staff did.

Edited by geode
  • Like 2

There's a ton of stuff I could be envious of in Wurm. It would be cool to have a giant deed, twelve LMCs, ten SMCs, a priest alt for every god, and supreme 100-imbued tools. There's plenty of stuff I don't have, and I'm fine with that and don't disparage the people who do.

I argue against keeping fountain pans not because I'm envious, but because they're incredibly silly, were bugged to begin with, don't make sense as part of Wurm's design, and weren't part of it to begin with.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 4

Any word on the rift bracelets?

Just tried to equip mine again, so I know it's not working.

2 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

I'm no veteran, I wasn't even around when they were a thing.  I bought 2 and raided 4 from an MR deed on chaos.   They have been available to anyone with the money to waste on them.

I'll sell you 6 right now..

You say you only bought two, but then in the quote below mention how you spent 300euro on them. So you spent 150euro each? 

lmao that was your own prerogative. No ones fault but your own. Must be nice to just have 350euro to just waste like that.

On 11/13/2015 at 8:30 AM, Nomadikhan said:

Fountain Packs, yeah those.. I know you hat them but we're not talking about you. I collected them from raids then bought a few when I realized their full glory. In all I spent 300euro on them as well as another 50euro/silver for my large magical chest in which to store them.

• Like 1