The decay change sounds great, finally the game won't punish you with work for making your deed look good, really looking forward to that change. Cooking is starting to look more interesting every week too.

*Jumps with joy over no decay ticks* My deed will be much happier now. Especially my braziers and turrets outside XD.  And the slaves....errr willing cooking testers are hard at work trying to find the bugs. The measuring jugs are amazing!!!! :D

I'm also really hoping the decay prevention applies to gardening-related items like planters, considering how much of a godawful pain it can be to water the stupid things.

Decorative items not decaying (regardless of what they entail) has nothing to do with the fountain pan thread.

By the way 39 days........

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Decorative items not decaying (regardless of what they entail) has nothing to do with the fountain pan thread.

was thinking the exact same thing....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pashka said:

By the way 39 days........

"Many changes have come in as a result of the removal of fountain pans and several more are on their way.

The features directly tied to the removal of fountain pans are:

• The introduction of smelters
  • The introduction of amphorae, and the ability to lift large liquid containers
  • Removal of 5% volume loss on bulk storage on deeds with over 30 days upkeep
  • The upcoming ability to store liquids without decay.
  • Removal of decay on decorative items on deed"

What more do you want? They obviously don't want us to have the ability to store hundreds of items inside a small container, as it makes absolutely no sense to do so, if that's what you're implying.

Edited by Budzilla403
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That's right, decoration items, such as banners, chests, anvils, barrels, statues, etc will all be decay free as long as deed upkeep remains over 30 days! Under 30 days decay ticks will occur as normal, and use of items will damage them too, of course.

Hopefully this makes decorating your deed much more enjoyable, and removes the need to spend hours repairing things if you don't play often.

Fantastic news, thank you!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

With the upcoming cooking update, all decorative items on a deed with over 30 days upkeep will no longer take decay ticks!

It's about time.

Anvils... decorative items?

Well, ok, i wont' complain : D

Just lessen the item decay in a paid up deed I don't understand why all my ###### in a chest or wardrobe has to decay

Introduce some form of oiling or maintenance that let's us go away for a while without everything getting dmged to hell?

• Like 2

This is great start on the on-deed decay, thanks so much.

Nice to see a new pottery item as well.  Be even nicer if ql on pottery stuff actually made a difference for more items than smelting pots.

Could care less about anything in this news post... starting off with the removal of fountain packs has depressed me all over again lol.

Not arguing the existence or point, just that I'll miss mine.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

that with the decay-stop on decorations was a long needed change!

+1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A list will be provided closer to the actual change going live, we decided to share the information now due to the fountain pan thread demands and the eventual locking. You'll have to wait for the exact details once we nail them down.

I doubt this will appease the people making a fuss about the fountain pans. None of this address's the decay of 100s of items on deed and how fountain pans are used to fit all those 100s of items into a single lmc.

It is clear that you want items to decay or there would of been no comments on the post in regards to slowing decay down by using nested cedar containers.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Will these map dumps be higher quality? because if you plan to release them all like that xanadu one they will be useless.

40 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I doubt this will appease the people making a fuss about the fountain pans.

Literally nothing will appease some of those people.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

Awesome news on the no decay ticks on decorations. Although I have to find a new way to up my Repair skill, I'd rather not have to spend hours running around the deed.

Also, loving that both Pottery and Papyrusmaking are getting some love in this new cooking update-to-come. :D

2 hours ago, Toolhead said:

Just lessen the item decay in a paid up deed I don't understand why all my ###### in a chest or wardrobe has to decay

Introduce some form of oiling or maintenance that let's us go away for a while without everything getting dmged to hell?

Or maybe just be happy at the change?

Why can't folks just be happy for once instead of always complaining every time better mechanics are added.

• Like 4

The measuring jug sounds like it'd be great for people who make a lot of paint!

Very cool.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

Or maybe just be happy at the change?

Why can't folks just be happy for once instead of always complaining every time better mechanics are added.

Because it's still worse than the ones being taken away?

Giving with one hand and taking with the other comes to mind.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Budzilla403 said:

So many salty (soon to be ex) fountain pan owners :lol:

And so many people that have nothing better to do than be snerty about it.

• Like 1