Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

What is Rolf up to these days?

If search was correct, Rolf has not posted on the forums since April 29th.  I am curious how he is doing and why he has been so silent of late.

• Like 3

I think he last posted early august really.

In the RIP Duce topic

Edited by Cecci

Well, I still remember his post like 2 or 3 years ago when he said he is working on stuff that is basically in the game already like flying, jumping, climbing over fences... 

I always enjoy seeing his comments now and again on these forums. Problem is he gets all types of individuals criticizing him one way or another and I think this leads to not being encouraged to comment more. Nice to know he is still at the helm though and the ultimate authority over it all. Beware the Gnome Conspiracy though, as they are still continuing their subversive plot to overthrow his reign. They are kind of miffed that their red hats no longer glow too!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Would be nice for him to give a vision for the next milestones for the game development. Bridges and cave dwellings used to be it, and now?

• Like 1

Let's go full tinfoil on this thread just for kicks.

He's overseeing the transfer of the internet to ICANN.  When all is said and done, websites you don't visit often will start losing random letters, your connection speed will drop after your PC reaches a certain age, and google searches will take 2 minutes each time with a 5% chance of getting results which will be in riddle form "for the mistery of finding out by yourself".  (<3 Rolf, just poking some fun at ya)

• Like 1

I'd like an actual blog with news about dev's everyday 'pain'.. serious and some goofing, I'd imagine it be also fun for them to brag a bit every 1-2 weeks about their work, to give us some hopes about things that are being or could be implemented.. just w/e's worked on.. and could be shared w/o any harm.

Another thing that might be cool to have is Rolf's visions shared from time to time, anything that on his mind about the state of the game good or bad.. current or future things, it's his creation and his opinion matters, but it's as you mentioned.. rarely seen lately.

With some of the stuff around here I honestly don't blame him.

• Like 1

Maybe on a sabattical, wouldn't be strange after ten years of day and often night wurmwork.

He is still working over the papers for sale of Wurm to Disney sometime for April next year .

Probably avoiding hate from all the silly and unwanted bugs, changes, nerfs, removals, and otherwise irrelevant news items we've all been experiencing.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Rolf even knows what goes on here anymore, the PR posts seem to be personal opinion and not a relay of Rolf's words, the Developers seem to change what I can only guess is a team goal, but I think the team is about 3 -5 people excluding Rolf myself.

• Like 2

He's fixing Hillary's email server so it can't get hacked more than 10 times =P

#PanamaPapers

Wurm teams been doing a weekend at Bernie's thing.

• Like 7

Some days I really wanna go down to Motala with some fikabröd and just have a fika with Rolf and chat about things.

I always picture rolf sat there with a little tap labelled "tears"piped into the wurm server, pausing occasionally to top up his bejewelled chalice engraved this tap and sipping those salty tears as if they were fine wine.

Wait no, thats the haven and hearth dev team.  My bad.

Believe Rolf is working as a poolboy this winter

• Like 1

85 million USD to yell incoherently on Twitter and talk about how sad he is. Money well spent.

• Like 1