Sign in to follow this  
Croa

Making Money Meta

Greetings everyone!

The last time I played, earning an income in the game revolved around selling high QL items, bulk goods, or labor to earn money.  Is this still pretty much the same situation?  Once I get myself settled in I'd like to start earning some coin, but have mostly mediocre skills (highest is ~51 carpentry) so I am looking at either bulk goods (planks, shafts, etc...) where QL doesn't much matter, or labor to earn cash.  I do have good digging and mining skills, but have no idea how those jobs get priced out - is it still 1s/1k actions?

I also thought about a delivery service, but not sure if that would work.  I play mostly on Xanadu, but wouldn't mind ferrying goods from server to server if there is money to be made there.

Thanks for any ideas in advance!

For things like meat, veggies etc, it's 1s/1k. If you're selling bricks and mortar I believe it's 2s/1k. Delivery is incredibly easy with plot course. can go from Celebration to Release in no time. There's always someone looking to buy dirt/sand. I've made some coin lately with selling dirt and bricks. So the market is out there :).

Mortar is a bit higher, I've not seen anyone offer less then 2.5s per 1000 mortar for a couple years now.

• Like 1

I don't think you'll have fun if you play this game only to make money. With that said, an active player can easily pay his prem through rares alone if he's an efficient grinder even with not so much time to play daily. Rares are ez money.

• Like 3

Yeah I am not planning on grinding money full time, but I would like to pay my premium each month and maybe eventually fund a deed.  In all my time playing on and off the only rare or supreme items I ever gotten were dirt, logs, and a fish.  I don't really grind, but I probably should start getting my skills up for creating tools and such and maybe try to farm some rares out of that process.  In the meantime, bulk goods sounds like it might be the way to go.

• Like 1

In that case, although it might not sell as well, bulk planks mean that if you get a rare plank you have a pretty good chance of making something like a rare large wooden shield, which sell for 5s.

I made myself a third rare wooden the other day this way.

just food for thought. Rare dirt isn't so useful, rare plank is.

I am building a rather large house at the moment so I am making a lot of planks.  I will set aside the rare planks for now and see if I can make a rare item from it.  Right now I have a rare log, should I saw it up into planks or is there a better use for it?

Dirt, bricks, mortar, planks, concrete, support beams, frying pans, nails, ribbons, roof and floor materials (thatch, shingles), crates, BSBs

Due to the nahjo domination, you could maybe try to make farm deeds, or work as a contractor to flatten large amounts of land

Last 10k mortar i buy in 2years was never higer then 2s per k + free shipping   idk where you guys buy bulk i never use forum for that

I've seen mortar go for 3s/1k and 2.5s/1k. I have seen 2s/1k a few times in chat but usually it is only a couple thousand they are selling. Maybe you've got a good deal. I'd say the average is definitely 2.5s/1k.

• Like 1