Sign in to follow this  
MootRed

Will there be an epic to freedom convert?

Just now, SeeD said:

Wonder how many want to sel ltheir accounts on the freedom market

i'd wager that a lot would sell the freedom accounts they already bought so they can continue using their name and original accounts.

26 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

it can be done - even on homeservers. I spent like 2-3 weeks roaming MR lands at the start, that was without LB, got killed by Pidgeoni once, had namekat/pidg at my mine another time, i think this update / change is ok now, specially with the locate changes now. Problem is you roam with 2 and run into 4-5 and have to go home - before you could roam with 2, get caught by 5, run to a cave whilst 5 sit outside bashing/you door hop then you can arrange backup/a real right starts.

Tho there is a problem of logging out, I wouldnt mind an extended LO timer off deed with enemy in local tho.

The situation can be shitty sometimes, but depends who's in what situation, but having that is better than nobody coming of deed in first place. With some changes to the planned mine doors/battering rams - it will be ok.

idk man lets consider some newer players(since, as a whole we shouldnt focus on current pvp vets if we want our cluster to grow) coming from the starting areas of glitter wanting to go pvp with other home server guys:

expecting new players to sail from glittershore (8x8 map) all the way through elevation (16x16 map) to strongbox (8x8 map) just to look for pvp, possibly finding nothing/winning and then having to sail all the way back home seems like system that wouldn't even work in the first place. Too much travel, people don't want to grind for years, and then travel an entire day everytime they want to pvp.  I just don't think the current map setup is a catalyst for pvp and thats probably bad no matter how many fixes to the other broken systems we get. And it feels just as bad on the new ele map.. if I wanted to ride to gloomshade theres literally one route to take, one. One route, and when the server had more than 5 active players and there were people to actually find at Gloomshade, that one route was cut off by 4 or 5 deeds. So it was literally not an option. Same example if I want to ride to high hopes solo.. theres literally one route and I have to pass like 3 war deeds to get there. The map sux

And yea, I used an extreme example, but a likely one as we don't need to just worry about the people from Worldstar sailing to MRH, everything has to be taken into consideration if we want a flourishing cluster. 

3 minutes ago, SeeD said:

Wonder how many want to sel ltheir accounts on the freedom market

Yeah, that all merge thing is a conspiracy meant to make money from selling accounts/items on freedom, to DESTROY economy.

Edited by Wilczan

1 minute ago, Wilczan said:

Yeah, that all merge thing is a conspiracy meant to make money from selling accounts/items on freedom, to DESTROY economy.

Not the economy, my point is a large number pushing for this merge aren't pushing for the sake of improving PvP, but to simply increase the value of their accounts to offload them to freedomers. It's a well known fact

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SeeD said:

Not the economy, my point is a large number pushing for this merge aren't pushing for the sake of improving PvP, but to simply increase the value of their accounts to offload them to freedomers. It's a well known fact

most of the people pushing for the merge are active/semi-active pvpers on Chaos as well

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, changer said:

78% for, and most of the no's are from freedomers on freedom/epic so it'd probably be somewhere around 90% when counted for pvpers only

That's the thing. Merge affects both parties.. freedom AND epic. And I am sure we both know how freedomers would vote in the matter.

2 minutes ago, SeeD said:

Bildresultat för tinfoil hat

1 minute ago, SeeD said:

I highly doubt that, i think most of the ppl on Epic pushing for it want to play on their original accounts. Myself would like it cause running around on Epic with 5 others suck...

And im not willing to spend another year just to grind a new toon up to be able to pvp on Chaos

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rixk said:

That's the thing. Merge affects both parties.. freedom AND epic. And I am sure we both know how freedomers would vote in the matter.

So pristine and release should be unmerged again because chaos didn't get a say in the merge because it affects them too then according to you

it's a pvp matter, where the aim is to improve the game rather than being greedy where the aim is to fill the shekel bags like the freedomers on epic/freedom that voted

Edited by changer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, changer said:

So pristine and release should be unmerged again because chaos didn't get a say in the merge because it affects them too then according to you

it's a pvp matter, where the aim is to improve the game rather than being greedy where the aim is to fill the shekel bags like the freedomers on epic/freedom that voted

Chaos votes in everything :P

Many of you don't seem to understand... From the technical point a merge is never going to happen because it would cause a lot of horrible side effects, nobody would be able to keep the databases clear and it would take at least a full week downtime (for all clusters) until a basic buggy merge is up and testing could begin, it is just horrible and that would affect all servers, also how would you go with skill merge and so on to keep things fair, items,... etc...

Merging Epic would be a disaster. My bet is that in the end Epic will just silently closed one day and all players can start over on Chaos.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Many of you don't seem to understand... From the technical point a merge is never going to happen because it would cause a lot of horrible side effects, nobody would be able to keep the databases clear and it would take at least a full week downtime (for all clusters) until a basic buggy merge is up and testing could begin, it is just horrible and that would affect all servers, also how would you go with skill merge and so on to keep things fair, items,... etc...

Merging Epic would be a disaster. My bet is that in the end Epic will just silently closed one day and all players can start over on Chaos.

Things exported from the databases would be only character and items in his inventory, what more should be exported?

Keep things fair? For wich side? Epic or Chaos or Freedom? You cannot make it fair for everyone and I don't think it should be priority. Also won't be suprised when epic players would agree to bee loosing side on the convert thing, only just to have a possibility for merge.

12 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

It's literally merging 2 character databases, or just copying the character data into freedom from epic assuming they're seperate databases 

the thing is a merge is a last chance for revival of wurm pvp as band-aid and fixes in general always comes after they're needed, so maybe in 5 years when the pop on epic is 2 at its height, then there might be some ideas brought up which actually would have an effect

i'd rather have a full reset of epic than a merge, but the reset would come when everyone who played epic is dead, and until either a reset or merge happens, it'll be a ship wreck on the ocean floor 

Edited by changer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Egard said:

Skilling on epic is faster to 70 actual (90 effective ) then it is to 90 on freedom yes. But it is much also just as slow if not slower on epic at higher skills. Also I am not sure why people are complaining about skilling go on niarja compare the top 10 accounts posted publicly on each cluster. Epic accounts if transferred over will be significantly behind in body stats and skills. Not everyone grinds to 90 on epic because there is no need for 70-80 actual is 90+ effective. I feel the devs are just avoiding merging because of how much work is to involved. But without a merge epic will just die off no matter what changes come. 

Typed on phone so properly plenty of errors and typos

Could you please explain to me why for example, mining? or woodcutting? would be faster on freedom than it is on epic at 90/95+ skill?

9 minutes ago, changer said:

It would be PvP matter, if Chaos would be separated from pve servers. Until that it is also pve matter, as many epic toons will simply end up on pve servers, want it or not.

And tell me, what is it improving? If merge would now put into plans, how will it improve the PvP? Mechanics will still be the same.

1 minute ago, whykillme said:

Could you please explain to me why for example, mining? or woodcutting? would be faster on freedom than it is on epic at 90/95+ skill?

Frequency, even on the most difficult trees epic is at best EQUAL in terms of per hour gain at 90+woodcutting.

2 minutes ago, whykillme said:

the difficulty is the curve, so if you have 70 med on epic you've got the difficulty as if you had 90+ on freedom to gain ticks

I think it's worth pointing out that the appeal of Chaos for most existing players (Disregarding the new influx of Epic players who've bought accounts to play here). Is that it's connected easily to freedom. Many Chaos veterans including myself have deeds on Freedom and doing anything to cut the ties between the freedom cluster and PvP would force them to chose between the two or cause them to stop playing altogether. In past examples aswell it's shown that cutting ties between Wild and Freedom is bad for overall player retention and turn over on the PvP servers. As *most* Chaos recruits are players who skill up on freedom and end up deciding to give PvP a try. Few people will skill up a a character and then go "Oh I might give PvP a try now, I'll spend 4months grinding on a new character on a new cluster".

Honestly I really can't see how a merger could work but I can certainly say from past experience that merging Chaos with Epic and then cutting ties with Freedom completely would be a death sentence to the PvP aspect of the game. You only hvae to look at the various different models Rolf has trailed in the past for PvP setups. (Portals, complete separation, limited item transfer etc etc) all of them have resulted decline on the PvP servers. 

• Like 5

So just in case it hasn't been made clear by the multiple posts we've made so far saying the same thing:

A merge is not happening.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

Frequency, even on the most difficult trees epic is at best EQUAL in terms of per hour gain at 90+woodcutting.

(*Rough numbers*)

At 99 skill there is almost no curve to worry about. On a 12 difficulty tree you have 32% tickrate on epic. And 32% tickrate on freedom. Freedom gets 32% skilltickets x freedom skillgain. Epic gets 32% skiltickets x epic skillgain, which is twice as much. So in this case at 99 skill epic gets twice the amount of skill freedom does.

At 70 woodcutting on epic you have 90 skill and get for example 40% skillgain. On freedom you get 50% skillgain at 70 skill. This means that on freedom you get 50% skillticks x freedom skillgain and on epic you get 40% skillticks x epic skillgain. Now lets say each skilltick yields 0.1 skill. On freedom you get 50x0.1 skill. On epic you get 40x0.2 skill (or whatever the exact curve is). Showing that epic skillgain is still faster.

For mining, the skillticks are 50% all the way to 100 so for mining it would be twice as fast on epic all the way to 100.

• Like 2

The feeling when you working every day on the pvp changes, but they don't want to play, why, why?

I believe OP asked about character transfer from Epic to Freedom.

And what are the plans if regression of players get even bigger? Reset of Epic? Shutting it down? If shutting down, what will happen with characters?

Many would like to know, couse present Epic players don't know if there is a point to build anything / skill anything or prem the characters.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, whykillme said:

(*Rough numbers*)

At 99 skill there is almost no curve to worry about. On a 12 difficulty tree you have 32% tickrate on epic. And 32% tickrate on freedom. Freedom gets 32% skilltickets x freedom skillgain. Epic gets 32% skiltickets x epic skillgain, which is twice as much. So in this case at 99 skill epic gets twice the amount of skill freedom does.

At 70 woodcutting on epic you have 90 skill and get for example 40% skillgain. On freedom you get 50% skillgain at 70 skill. This means that on freedom you get 50% skillticks x freedom skillgain and on epic you get 40% skillticks x epic skillgain. Now lets say each skilltick yields 0.1 skill. On freedom you get 50x0.1 skill. On epic you get 40x0.2 skill (or whatever the exact curve is). Showing that epic skillgain is still faster.

For mining, the skillticks are 50% all the way to 100 so for mining it would be twice as fast on epic all the way to 100.

At 91 wc on epic I get a 7% skill tick ratio on cedar trees and 18% on oak. I'd love to get a 32% tick rate. 

28 minutes ago, Budda said:

So just in case it hasn't been made clear by the multiple posts we've made so far saying the same thing:

According to the server statistics;

Desertion Total Premium Players: 58

Serenity Total Premium Players: 61

Affliction Total Premium Players: 44

Elevation Total Premium Players: 103

That means if every single premium player logged on, you would max 266 premium players out of 1600 for 4 servers. Even just on Elevation you have 63,072 tiles per player! I guess you could get your farming up.

year

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fooligun said:

According to the server statistics;

Desertion Total Premium Players: 58

Serenity Total Premium Players: 61

Affliction Total Premium Players: 44

Elevation Total Premium Players: 103

That means if every single premium player logged on, you would max 266 premium players out of 1600 for 4 servers. Even just on Elevation you have 63,072 tiles per player! I guess you could get your farming up.

year

I'm nearly 10% of elevations premium players myself, ive got so many tiles for me

edit: last december i think I was like 45% of the average pop lol

Edited by platinumteef

32 minutes ago, Budda said:

That is clear but what are the plans for Epic? Is there any plans? With all these threads about merge and what not it is very hard to even motivate yourself to play on Epic as it is now.

Will there be any changes or is it the Valrei thing that you said you were going to look into the only thing adressed atm?

I see many different suggestions here aswell, not all want a merge but people want an answer if there is anything being worked at with Epic to make it gain players.

So far all that the devs managed to do is to move the one thing that was only for epic and moved it to the freedom cluster aswell leaving Epic with nothing that is special and nothing to get people to play there.

As i see it now with the nerfs on epic to prayer/sermons, stam, meditation etc etc Epic is the slow cluster now. And we get no answers except a "No merge will ever happen"....

• Like 2