Sign in to follow this  
MootRed

Will there be an epic to freedom convert?

Just imagine how the market on freedom would be for accounts if the merge ever happened and players returned simply to dump there characters in a market that has some interest, a market flooded by a few thousand accounts.

I'm still waiting for the chance to sell recruits to chaos/epic. I mean it's the only thing freedom has that the pvp servers need and don't have right? ^_^

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Just imagine how the market on freedom would be for accounts if the merge ever happened and players returned simply to dump there characters in a market that has some interest, a market flooded by a few thousand accounts.

"a few thousand accounts"

ahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHahaa

8 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

"a few thousand accounts"

ahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahAHahaa

Yeah I want to merge because I want to SELL my acc!

This guy is joking right? I want to play on the account I spent several god dang years on not sell. Holy hell.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Budda said:

So just in case it hasn't been made clear by the multiple posts we've made so far saying the same thing:

A merge is not happening.

Budda could there be any consideration to a change just to base skills? 

If the general public could ALL AGREE to it working sort of like reverting all epic skill by using an algorithm to what they would be on freedom. Then modify the curve to make up any difference in loss of the 2x skill gain (essentially removing the 2x gain) and now you have the ability to allow both freedom and epic toons to carry over there skills. You leave everything else about epic the same in terms of no merger. This would just allow both clusters to move their toons ONLY to each others cluster. The curve is what makes epic epic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Propheteer said:

no guys we can revive it xD

Its only "mostly dead" afterall...

13abna.jpg

/me returns to munching popcorn.

Edited by Klaa

Inb4 talking about merging is banned and heavily moderated

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

If the general public could ALL AGREE to it working sort of like reverting all epic skill by using an algorithm to what they would be on freedom. Then modify the curve to make up any difference in loss of the 2x skill gain (essentially removing the 2x gain) and now you have the ability to allow both freedom and epic toons to carry over there skills. You leave everything else about epic the same in terms of no merger. This would just allow both clusters to move their toons ONLY to each others cluster. The curve is what makes epic epic.

yea I think this is essentially what worksock was saying on page3. Would allow us at any time to switch over between clusters and play with other friends/new friends while still progressing our main character (probably the worst part about two different clusters to begin with, nobody wants to skill up the same ###### twice)

that way we can all play with people and can enjoy the game. and if in 2 years or however long it takes for epic to get actually fixed, who knows maybe the population will shift back and forth

pretty genius idea, but highly unlikely to ever be implemented because it just makes too much sense

How do you make a 'fair' adjustment to skill when not only does skill rely on RNG to get ticks but also when you consider for example two toons with 90 digging but one used high ql shovel and got it all terraforming while the other used a low ql shovel and just dug tar they would be very differently built toons. Screw adjustments, accept that epic isn't the cake walk its made out to be just because you tried the super fast first part of the experience or just heard from someone that its easy. In the event anything like this ever happened just leave all skills as they are because its impossible to change in a fair way. I've already endured a map wipe that wasn't going to happen and had to suck up a map that is awful, if I have to accept a merge that wont happen also and lose anything in terms of skill that will be the last nail in my pvp coffin.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, SmeJack said:

How do you make a 'fair' adjustment to skill when not only does skill rely on RNG to get ticks but also when you consider for example two toons with 90 digging but one used high ql shovel and got it all terraforming while the other used a low ql shovel and just dug tar they would be very differently built toons. Screw adjustments, accept that epic isn't the cake walk its made out to be just because you tried the super fast first part of the experience or just heard from someone that its easy. In the event anything like this ever happened just leave all skills as they are because its impossible to change in a fair way. I've already endured a map wipe that wasn't going to happen and had to suck up a map that is awful, if I have to accept a merge that wont happen also and lose anything in terms of skill that will be the last nail in my pvp coffin.

Thank you Sme, for putting my thoughts into words.

I also love how the dev's are just saying "baaaa its not going to happen baaa" instead of giving any legitimate reason as to why it won't, get over it Epic is dead.

This is not fair to myself and others who spent insane amounts of time on epic, to be essentially locked out of the game because of both bad development decisions and bugs coupled with no population, it is not my job to make the server appealing but the developers job to see trends in population that go beyond the players control and then adjust accordingly. SO WHAT IS IT?

ON TOP OF THIS ALL:

Players on the epic server were promised unique things to keep us there, tomes, player gods, mission and more. What did the developers do to keep that incentive? They gave it to the freedom and chaos servers, completely making the epic servers only appeal is that "hey dude the skill gain is fast" and what is the point of that when the skill gain that you actually work to attain is squandered away on the 2 people on your entire server? What is the point of even playing on the server?

CAN IT BE DONE AND YOU PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT DONE FOR WHATEVER REASON

OR CAN IT NOT BE DONE AT ALL, THE PLAYERBASE DESERVES AN ANSWER

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 1

I don't really see a point in the merge. There are few players still on epic and even less on Elevation. If there were to be a merge, a good number would probably quit and even fewer would play on chaos. I don't really see anyone from the home servers coming out and pvping as it is as close as you can get to freedom on epic. If anything a merge would just kill off this game even more and for what, a increase of 3 players on chaos?

As for people who say it will bring people back, I don't really believe that at all. Chaos has started picking up again with pvp and there were some nice pvp updates and still people are not returning in masses. If you take people who have skills around 70 (able to craft 90ql gear) and then tell them that we are deleting all of your items, the map, and lowering your skill to 50 and to top that off make the grind harder, I cant see why someone would ever want to start playing again for that reason. It would be more of the last nail in the coffin.

The major reason why I see people supporting the merge right now is so that they can get some return on their time spent on epic and have it to transferred to the freedom cluster. 

As I have said before in other threads, its a bad move that shouldn't be done because it reduces the options that players have. Why remove the faster skill gain server where it not only takes more work to do so but has little to no benefit. I don't see the harm in just leaving it as it is.

Edited by blayze
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Retrograde said:

mods, moderation, official hosting and support.

There;s a lot of support that WO has that WU will never have, many servers have already come and gone in the past year. Epic will never compete with the speed of grinding, but it will have a much more even and fair playing field than servers with modded clients

Not to burst your bubble, but if Epic was a WU server it would be long gone too, a very poor comparison imo.

3 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Not to burst your bubble, but if Epic was a WU server it would be long gone too, a very poor comparison imo.

That proves my point, which is why it's a benefit compared to a WU server

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

That proves my point, which is why it's a benefit compared to a WU server

Continuing on perpetual life support, with only Dev responses of we're working on it, and we already answered you is a benefit?

Edit: in before my next staff bashing warn.

Edited by Kadore
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Continuing on perpetual life support, with only Dev responses of we're working on it, and we already answered you is a benefit?

Edit: in before my next staff bashing warn.

hahahahahahahahahaha instigating staff reactions like they won't happen and then get salty when your post gets removed for that reason and not because of the content hahaha

10 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

hahahahahahahahahaha instigating staff reactions like they won't happen and then get salty when your post gets removed for that reason and not because of the content hahaha

More like asking the current plan for Epic like the rest, if the point is Epic is working fine, I'm very confused I guess, but it's ok because it's WO and not WU.

2 hours ago, blayze said:

I don't really see a point in the merge. There are few players still on epic and even less on Elevation. If there were to be a merge, a good number would probably quit and even fewer would play on chaos. I don't really see anyone from the home servers coming out and pvping as it is as close as you can get to freedom on epic. If anything a merge would just kill off this game even more and for what, a increase of 3 players on chaos?

Thing is, many players quit for some time and they are waiting for an oportunity to go back (merge for example). You cannot look just on currently playing.

As for people who say it will bring people back, I don't really believe that at all. Chaos has started picking up again with pvp and there were some nice pvp updates and still people are not returning in masses. If you take people who have skills around 70 (able to craft 90ql gear) and then tell them that we are deleting all of your items, the map, and lowering your skill to 50 and to top that off make the grind harder, I cant see why someone would ever want to start playing again for that reason. It would be more of the last nail in the coffin.

It was said many times, fixes in pvp won't bring people back. They need something bigger like reset, merge or new map. As for skills and return, wich is better: have a high skills and have none to play with or get some skills lowered and have whole pvp community on 1 server?

The major reason why I see people supporting the merge right now is so that they can get some return on their time spent on epic and have it to transferred to the freedom cluster. 

Major reason, mhm. So you like this game and play it. There are also people who want to play but got characters on empty epic servers. So there is no possibility that they are just want to play, you think that they just want to sell their toons?

As I have said before in other threads, its a bad move that shouldn't be done because it reduces the options that players have. Why remove the faster skill gain server where it not only takes more work to do so but has little to no benefit. I don't see the harm in just leaving it as it is

Options are great. You have an option to play on empty server, or option to quit, or option to start from scratch on Chaos. I choosed an option to play other games till something gonna change in Wurm.

Ive not monitored it but heard epic player base tends to be less than 20 people.

Is keeping the PvP player base split worth the development time and money?? 

What sort of numbers does epic need to have to be sustainable vs cost of running and dev time? Is it possible at the current state? Would it be better to implement the remaining epic features on chaos excluding silly map destruction events.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

the difficulty is bigger on epic, especially as you get higher skill, combine that with that epic has been up for 1/2 of the time that freedom has been up, there's no point in doing anything with skills

6 hours ago, blayze said:

As I have said before in other threads, its a bad move that shouldn't be done because it reduces the options that players have. Why remove the faster skill gain server where it not only takes more work to do so but has little to no benefit. I don't see the harm in just leaving it as it is.

you're only accounting for the players that currently play on epic, i don't, and many more don't either, but if there was some kind of reset or merge i'd probably play again

12 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

There is no such thing as an Epic-character. Plenty of people play the same character on Epic and on Freedom. Just imagine the mess that would happen with characters having different skills, religions, priests, meditation paths on both clusters - all on the same character.

• Like 1

Maybe if they opened Epic for WU players and made it 10x or more, a lot of new people would come there from both WU and WO Freedom. Speaking for myself, as of now, since grinding is required on both clusters, i'm never going there, because why (inb4 to become a deity)?

Edited by zigozag

3 hours ago, zigozag said:

Maybe if they opened Epic for WU players and made it 10x or more, a lot of new people would come there from both WU and WO Freedom. Speaking for myself, as of now, since grinding is required on both clusters, i'm never going there, because why (inb4 to become a deity)?

and that reminds me, if a merge or reset ever happens, remove every player god, put whoever suggests the idea of player gods again in the guillotine, it's probably one of the shittiest aspects and problem of wurm apart from low pops