Sign in to follow this  
MootRed

Will there be an epic to freedom convert?

45 minutes ago, Budda said:

So just in case it hasn't been made clear by the multiple posts we've made so far saying the same thing:

A merge is not happening.

No office, but i dont think most people will take no from you as the official word. Small fry such as yourself aint making the decisions. We want the big cheese. We want Rolf.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 10

Rolf communication with a community is like 1/10 but would be nice to have some confirmation and reasons.

Anyway, soon someone from the staff gonna answer the OP, that there will be no conversion for characters and then gonna close the topic couse "question was answered".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redd said:

Canw e have an official word from Rolf please? Dont exactly take no as no from staff like you guys lol

I'm sure others would like this as well. I sent a message to retrograde asking for an official WSA on Epics future(whether it was a merge or whatever) but he wouldn't even give me the decency of reading my message.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

I read it, and we answered no here

To  a merge yes...

So what are the plans for Epic as whole then? Is there a plan? Will it just stay as it is now without any changes part from valrei etc?

The people playing and paying to be on that server probably deserves to know....

Current plans are to fix what is broken, valrei, requires significant overhauls and allows us to reach a decent footing to move forward, it's been one of the biggest concerns of epic players, and one that desperately needs work.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Current plans are to fix what is broken, valrei, requires significant overhauls and allows us to reach a decent footing to move forward, it's been one of the biggest concerns of epic players, and one that desperately needs work.

A concern when Epic had players, sure, now the biggest concern is probably how do you show Epic is a faster PVP alternative to Chaos when you have WU competing with it?

• Like 2

Just now, Fooligun said:

A concern when Epic had players, sure, now the biggest concern is probably how do you show Epic is a faster PVP alternative to Chaos when you have WU competing with it?

mods, moderation, official hosting and support.

There;s a lot of support that WO has that WU will never have, many servers have already come and gone in the past year. Epic will never compete with the speed of grinding, but it will have a much more even and fair playing field than servers with modded clients

53 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

At 91 wc on epic I get a 7% skill tick ratio on cedar trees and 18% on oak. I'd love to get a 32% tick rate. 

Cutting down? Chopping up? Ql hatchet? Tree age? hatchet skill?

I'd rely on a new player influx as a solution personally. Upping the f2p perks including the ability to ride horses and several other things they wish they could do, that would be priority. GV had some great player retention compared to the pvp Wurm of today, just to log in and get the survival experience and harsh end of Wurm's learning curve was as special as the prem game itself.

Tack GV north of Ele, put a gate at the end of the Tutorial and spread those portals over 100 tiles outside the gate. That's a better way to let newbies have a chance to breathe before they choose isn't it?

3 hours ago, SeeD said:

Not the economy, my point is a large number pushing for this merge aren't pushing for the sake of improving PvP, but to simply increase the value of their accounts to offload them to freedomers. It's a well known fact

Im interested to know how this is a "well known fact"?

I mean I see you say it often enough and have to wonder does it become a well known 'fact' simply because you push for it to become one?

Some of us actually like the game and would love to play it with more than 6 people, in fact we like the game so much that we play it as a game and not a business, maybe it's a strange and somewhat difficult concept for people screaming muh economy to grasp?

The interesting part is when I compare my freedom toon that I spent 1 year on with my epic toon of almost 5 years and think if I'd put those 5 years onto the freedom side it would wipe the floor with the epic side but people refuse to see that no matter how many times they argue epic is too easy and then end up agreeing it's similar or harder, the next thread they have forgotten and the cycle starts again.

• Like 2

I don't give a ###### anymore if epic is faster at higher level or not, I just want people to play with

You can axe some of my skills to make it more 'fair' if you want and i'd happily take it just so I can play on a server with more than 5 ###### other players on it

It's incredbily frustrating when people argue against merge with ###### like "it'll hurt the economy :-(" and "they have been able to grind faster :-("

Also at @Buddaand @RetrogradeI don't see how fixing valrei is going to bring back anyone at this point

I don't see how any changes are going to bring back players

It's a dead ###### cluster with FOUR - F O U R whole servers, 3 of them being basically a worse version of freedom but with increased skillgain and the main server being absolute ###### due the map

The only way I see that Epic would get players again is if there was a big rework with the whole cluster being basically reset because then people would have a reason to check it out (new map and ###### gets people excited I guess?)

Axe the home servers

Axe the increased skill gain and nerf all accounts a bit

Make it standard 1x gain but instead increase the effective skill boost

Make all skillgain go from your actual and not effective

Allow players to freely move between the clusters

There, everything about skillgain is now exactly the same as freedom but players are still able to enter pvp faster due to the higher effective skill

No reason to not allow people from both freedom and epic to move between the clusters without having to grind their account over

People from freedom can now try out epic without having to start over and people on epic can move to freedom if they wish

Gear remains on their respective servers

You can do fun ###### on the epic servers with events and such and have freedomers come over and participate

This post is very messy and I can't be ###### cleaning it up

• Like 1

Idk how you guys think you can revive epic when most of the epic features all get put onto chaos anyway, whether we wanted them or not.

Good luck though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mattown said:

Idk how you guys think you can revive epic when most of the epic features all get put onto chaos anyway, whether we wanted them or not.

Good luck though.

better quality of pvp

it used to atleast

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

mods, moderation, official hosting and support.

There;s a lot of support that WO has that WU will never have, many servers have already come and gone in the past year. Epic will never compete with the speed of grinding, but it will have a much more even and fair playing field than servers with modded clients

lol

- mods - faster and more comprehensive on WU. Way more freedom to innovate as well

- moderation - official WO direction - do whatever results in least support impact even if it's bad for players and results in them losing money and/or quitting

- official hosting - more reported lag spawning Land of the Deed on Epic then on a heavily populated, properly hosted WU server

- support - wait for an answer, have questions ignored or play on a server where you will have help much more quickly (provided that's in line with the server's operational support plans)

The funny thing is that many of the "cheats" that have been discovered on WU are also likely possible on WO. I don't KNOW this because I don't cheat in either place however it looks likely.

Finally, WO - one play experience for everyone versus the chance to play wurm in many different ways.

As far as longevity goes, if WO doesn't get it's head on straight about customer care then I suspect the day will indeed arrive when hard choices, including WO server shutdowns, will arrive. A merge at that point may be forced or even outright abandonment of the PVP component of Wurm.

There are many WU servers that have shown some really interesting innovations then can take WO so much further then where it is today. It is unfortunate that rather then collecting the knowledge and learning from those experiences as an opportunity to make WO so much better, instead, it appears, it is all largely ignored.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SeeD said:

a dozen angry forumers != overwhelming support

I count 84 just from the epic thread, just call me crazy but 77% of 109 people is pretty overwhelming considering that's about the entire pvp population of both servers lol.

331617dea5d77267816e2d4cb3bc5b23.png

I dont see why anyone would be against a merge to freedom if the conversion of skills is done fairly.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 2

Who remembers when Budda said on one of those Q&A things that chaos should be shut down? I do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeeD said:

Can we send the chaos pvpers to epic instead?

I think you are one of those who cummunicates, just to stay awake?

Contrary to the staff denials I think there will be some form of merge or rapprochement between epic and freedom at some point down the line. I know you don't want to, but can you really see yourselves announcing the deletion of epic characters when you inevitably have to throw in the towel from a financial or player-quality-of-life point of view? Same if you opt for a complete wipe of epic, you aren't going to commit epic character genocide without allowing established characters a one way trip to the freedom cluster first.

For now just take baby steps and reintroduce proper stamina gain to epic (why you ever took it off I don't know). Use an educated estimate to reimburse characters with an appropriate amount of stamina based on their digging and mining. Let people get used to that for a while.

Also a personal request to devs, can you please put to bed all the myths about epic skilling at higher levels, we all know its easier in the beginning, but at higher skill levels it does seem to be more taxing. The only anecdote I have is meditating, I've raised it to high levels on both clusters and it was noticeably faster on freedom to 70 and beyond.

• Like 1

Its over guys, epic is dead. GG to the guys that put all the unique stuff of epic to the freedom cluster. Thanks to this u killed the cluster, well done.

Thanks for all the fun drunk nights i had on epic with u the epic community tho. 

Edited by LorenaMontana
  • Like 6

There is literally no point to playing on epic when the bulk of the players play in freedom server.

Epic at this point does not even feel like its part of the "live game" why should anyone play on epic when it is basically a challenge or WU server disconnected from the rest of the Wurm population?

I also do not understand why the development team just absolutely refuses to implement something that has time and time again garnered the support of a VAST MAJORITY of the game community?

Is this a matter of ego? What are you trying to prove?