Sign in to follow this  
MootRed

Will there be an epic to freedom convert?

I have a couple players on epic that I would be interested in making premium if there will be a conversion to freedom.

I have heard that getting a skill to 90 on epic is more difficult (time?) than freedom with no curve.

@Retrograde @RolfWould a transfer of character ever be considered by the devs?

no

It's been stated several times, but it's not something we want to do, far too many issues involved.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

no

It's been stated several times, but it's not something we want to do, far too many issues involved.

@RetrogradeIs epic at least going to get some TLC then? Or are we just supposed to sit around with 3 people on elevation pretending there isn't a problem.

I don't think the majority of epic players really want a merge anyway, but we do want a functioning cluster. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

@RetrogradeIs epic at least going to get some TLC then? Or are we just supposed to sit around with 3 people on elevation pretending there isn't a problem.

I don't think the majority of epic players really want a merge anyway, but we do want a functioning cluster. 

I'll be working on Epic in the coming weeks, focusing on all the broken mission and Valrei stuff - so yes.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Budda said:

I'll be working on Epic in the coming weeks, focusing on all the broken mission and Valrei stuff - so yes.

Underthehood stuff is always appreciated personally; though, not as flashy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Budda said:

That's one thing that prob needs some attention but to be fair with the current state of Epic and the Valrei things moved to Freedom there is nothing special about Epic anymore.

We got a crap map the size of Russia and since i got back and started playing i think i seen in total 10 ppl from other kingdoms...Fixing some Valrei stuff that barely anyone but the Polish guys on MRH cares about won't get people back to play.

At the very minimum you should make a new Elevation map that's not as big and way more pvp friendly, remove the stupid nerfs like not getting prayers reset by doing sermons as a priest and the stamina gains that are harder to get then a hug from Elvis.

I started a new char on Freedom since Epic died and in 1 month i was past my main on Epic in stam....and i thought i was playing on the "fast skill gain" server...

People are shouting for a merge for a reason because they see you have little to no interest in fixing anything that actually would make Epic live again..

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Budda said:

So basicly starting over from scratch, wouldn't that be faster ^^ ?

• Like 1

The problem is, the current game population just doesn't have enough players who want to be on PVP servers to fill two clusters. Especially with WU offering faster and easier alternatives even among epic standards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

no

Not something you want to do, but something you NEED to do?

PvP community needs merging together. PvP community hasnt grown in years, and keeping the players apart is adfding to it.

• Like 13

I mean you could just merge the 2 and then cut it off from freedom, and only usable through a portal like them good ol' days

but 'could' makes it sound easy apparently, not like i know how to code xd

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

What i wanna know is that if there is not going to be a merge whats the bigger plan for Epic? What changes are to be made? 

This where basically nothing happens is just killing it off even faster, no point in building deeds / grinding your character when you don't know what the general plan is. Will there be a map reset? Wipe of the entire cluster? 

Can't be making any money on it as it is now...

• Like 2

Sorry to bring the topic up, I just found that it is being discussed on the epic forum as well:

merge won't happen even with overwhelming support

players who have left wont return without good reason, bug fixes won't accomplish that either. WU is probably a better choice for those already not invested, as sad as that, because you can't really tell new players the Epic Cluster is even an MMO at this point.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Redd said:

Not something you want to do, but something you NEED to do?

PvP community needs merging together. PvP community hasnt grown in years, and keeping the players apart is adfding to it.

Perhaps, but as long as people do not understand that skilling on epic is faster all the way to 100 we will never be able to make a proper skill conversion to freedom.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Perhaps, but as long as people do not understand that skilling on epic is faster all the way to 100 we will never be able to make a proper skill conversion to freedom.

Skilling on epic is faster to 70 actual (90 effective ) then it is to 90 on freedom yes. But it is much also just as slow if not slower on epic at higher skills. Also I am not sure why people are complaining about skilling go on niarja compare the top 10 accounts posted publicly on each cluster. Epic accounts if transferred over will be significantly behind in body stats and skills. Not everyone grinds to 90 on epic because there is no need for 70-80 actual is 90+ effective. I feel the devs are just avoiding merging because of how much work is to involved. But without a merge epic will just die off no matter what changes come. 

Typed on phone so properly plenty of errors and typos

Edited by Egard
  • Like 4

Merge of both pvp clusters, from the economic point of view:

- 1 server for pvp instead of two - cheaper

- whole dev group could focus on 1 instead of two - faster and cheaper

- some people would return and gonna pay subscriptions - more income

- those COULD bring some new players - more income

- more people playing, fighting, crafting, more people gonna buy currency in game shop - more income

But maybe I'am wrong, maybe Rolf doesn't wanna to have bigger income from this game, maybe he prefer to wait till regress of players gonna be even worse and like to keep those two servers barely populated. For some cosmic reason.

1 hour ago, Budda said:

needs more than that - it needs some restrictions lifted; ie the body ways of training/sermons resets/some other stupid restrictions.

Mine doors need to close again. with battering rams this shouldnt be a problem, get more people roaming again.

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

needs more than that - it needs some restrictions lifted; ie the body ways of training/sermons resets/some other stupid restrictions.

Mine doors need to close again. with battering rams this shouldnt be a problem, get more people roaming again.

hard to roam on this insanely shitty map we have though, 

i mean about the only roaming that can be done can be countered by just waiting at the one-entry point per continent

Edited by platinumteef

it can be done - even on homeservers. I spent like 2-3 weeks roaming MR lands at the start, that was without LB, got killed by Pidgeoni once, had namekat/pidg at my mine another time, i think this update / change is ok now, specially with the locate changes now. Problem is you roam with 2 and run into 4-5 and have to go home - before you could roam with 2, get caught by 5, run to a cave whilst 5 sit outside bashing/you door hop then you can arrange backup/a real right starts.

Tho there is a problem of logging out, I wouldnt mind an extended LO timer off deed with enemy in local tho.

The situation can be shitty sometimes, but depends who's in what situation, but having that is better than nobody coming of deed in first place. With some changes to the planned mine doors/battering rams - it will be ok.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

hard to roam on this insanely shitty map we have though, 

i mean about the only roaming that can be done can be countered by just waiting at the one-entry point per continent

yeah when everyone asked for chokepoints i think everyone had something else in mind than a pancake with bridges, like valleys, mountain chokepoints, etc, like chaos, but i just don't think rolf is capable of making a map with actual detail, texture, and structure. theyre all just flat.

i also don't agree with making minedoors like that again. any gatehopping system is cancer. Currently the risk is just bigger than any reward you could ever get, fix that and youd be golden.

Edited by Propheteer

3 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

yeah when everyone asked for chokepoints i think everyone had something else in mind than a pancake with bridges, like valleys, mountain chokepoints, etc, like chaos, but i just don't think rolf is capable of making a map with actual detail, texture, and structure. theyre all just flat.

Maybe some kind of contest for pvp server map? Gave tools to the community and the best map wins.

Then it could be slightly rearranged by devs to avoid situation where someone make the best part of map for his kingdom.

Edited by Wilczan

what plebs usually fail to realize is that the damage is already done, fixing valrei now means absolutely nothing as there's already been years where people who shouldn't have gotten items (non-pvpers) got valrei items, just like fixing skill exploits would mean jack ###### without a wipe or a massive reroll when some players already has 100 body strength from the exploit, it's like filling the hole in the boat when the boat is already on the ocean floor

Edited by changer
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, SeeD said:

a dozen angry forumers != overwhelming support

78% for, and most of the no's are from freedomers on freedom/epic so it'd probably be somewhere around 90% when counted for pvpers only

Wonder how many want to sel ltheir accounts on the freedom market