Sign in to follow this  
rangerklypf

[Poll] How long have you been playing?

long enough to say it in a picture too... June 2008

1sRrPix.png+

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 5

I think I hit 8 years just before July.

Would love to show legacy pictures but I lost everything post pre independence I think :(

Started at the release of WU, took a long break after playing for a couple months (Server I was on had a massive population decline); and have since moved to WO as it seems the community and general atmosphere is much mroe enjoyable, and it's nice knowing my efforts amount to something.

So, not long. :P

Edited by Budzilla403
  • Like 2

Since July 2006, not sure of the specific date, but yeah. I don't really play WO at all anymore, but enjoying my fill of Wurm in WU.

• Like 1

I remember I started playing exactly right before new wood pile model (still in use today) was added. :)

• Like 3

If /playtime is accurate, solidly since January 2011, (or 5 years, 8 months, and 4 days) I went through the portal and walked from The Howl to my current farm location on the north side of Mist lake.

I don't have any screen shots that are that old, but I did find this little gem of me riding a champion type unicorn, when they were huge and colored.  :) 

I can't remember what the light blue color was for but I do remember us all wearing the same outfits and we glided gracefully when we walked.  :D

Spoiler

aUMhHi9.jpg

Edited by Dorian
spelling LOL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dorian said:

I can't remember what the light blue color was for but I do remember us all wearing the same outfits and we glided gracefully when we walked.  :D

Blue was for "slow" creatures, and they were almost as big as the champ version IIRC.

Been playing since around June 2008.

• Like 1

Started in 2010. Gumbo was the first player we met on Freedom when we went through the portal from GV, and the only one who didn't attempt to trick us into making bricks our first week.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Kadore said:

Started in 2010. Gumbo was the first player we met on Freedom when we went through the portal from GV, and the only one who didn't attempt to trick us into making bricks our first week.

Lets see now.. 1000 bricks, with interest over 6 years ... that comes to... umm wow, I'd better just PM you the total amount of bricks you owe me.

:)

• Like 4

Technically, over five years. In actuality, I probably only have maybe six or seven months of playtime, and even then I often only played once or twice a week. My first attempt in 2011, when I first was recruited by Tristanc, didn't last long, I couldn't get past the newbie learning curve. I tried again later, creating a new character as my first was deleted. This time, I tried joining a streamer's community. Same problem, but worse since I didn't have friends around. My third time, I was hooked. I started out in Silver Glass, where I was able to learn the game without committing to helping anybody else, so I felt that I could learn at my own pace. Only when I was hooked did I go back to Fort Buda. Since then, between illness (a bad case of pneumonia last year) and disability issues that made it painful to play at times, I've been sort of come and go rather than constant in game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

Lets see now.. 1000 bricks, with interest over 6 years ... that comes to... umm wow, I'd better just PM you the total amount of bricks you owe me.

:)

Don't forget to add in the cost of the carving knife you had to make me.  Can't believe I brought everything but that from GV.  Guess whoever found our house after had 2 of them left in a pile somewhere.

• Like 1

Started during the last part of Beta for a bit. Decided to pay prem at Gold launch in early 2006, headed straight for the Wild server... then the complete hardware failure at 2007 forcing a complete restart.

Pretty much on pvp servers like Wild (now known as Chaos) ever since. Did Epic for a time as well before growing bored with the lack of real political drama, and unfortunately not many of the old pvpers came back for it, so meh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kadore said:

Was that when the spawn was still in the north? (Samling i think?)

I remember some tasty drama about Gumbo and his deed next to it from back then :P

• Like 1

5-7 years. not too much, i have pic but i dont knowhow to the forum. you just need to believe sometimes what i say, ty :)

4 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

about 8 years and 2 months...

first pic I took...

QnNiC8y.png

Confirmed. (was present as character "Kyrmius", location near Roadside Village area west of New Town). I had only been playing as Kyrmius a few weeks before this pic was made.

I remember that conversation. I was one of the jerks that told you and your friend you couldn't build where you did. Something I apologize for how it happened since I handled the encounter badly and frankly one of the Officers of Roadside Village should have spoken with you... not some socially retarded moron like myself.

I'm glad you decided to stay in Wurm.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Is there an ingame way of knowing when your character was created? I know I joined before player models and multi story buildings, and mobs were tinted according to their traits, oh and I think there were no animations.

12 Years....

Type /playtime in game. It will only max out to when Gold2 started after the hardware failure of 2007.

[11:44:53] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 3 of the starfall of Diamonds, 980. That's 3430 days, 4 hours and 8 minutes ago.

Sept 2009 at GV where I kept the alt for over a year just travelling the coast in a clockwise direction and making the occasional house at first light, new dawn and the facepunch village before taking it to Wild as an alt. His stats remain largely the same because he became my main for Epic Lom/JK not long after.

Oct 2009 made an alt to take to Wild (where they kill you for your 21ql dirt), joined JK by chance and he's now my Wild fighter/Epic Vyn priest.

Saying that, I played Wurm when it appeared online first, spent 1/2hr kicking about and thinking I'd get back on when it had more content. I'd love to have gotten a screenshot from then cause I think one or two names still play.

Edited by Silures