Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

Sotg clarification..

How do heals work on sotg account now? Do all heals banadge/spells heal sotg for 70% since the changes? 

Don't think so.  I don't think it ever healed half in the first place, at least I never noticed a decrease in healing after becoming sotg.  If anything it would be more effective healing since it takes more damage to make the same size wound on a sotg player as compared to someone else, because of their damage reduction. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

How do heals work on sotg account now? Do all heals banadge/spells heal sotg for 70% since the changes? 

It was never modified healing, unless you consider taking half damage in the first place so you have half the damage to heal, half healing.

3 hours ago, MAADposter said:

It was never modified healing, unless you consider taking half damage in the first place so you have half the damage to heal, half healing.

nm

Edited by Psalamon

wiki

Shield of the Gone

Gained at level 11

Gives a constant buff to the player that reduces damage and healing by 30%.

so 30% less healing or more? or none

39 minutes ago, icbash said:

wiki

Shield of the Gone

Gained at level 11

Gives a constant buff to the player that reduces damage and healing by 30%.

so 30% less healing or more? or none

I'm very interested to see what The Powers That Be say about this.

SotG has no effect on healing, will arrange t have the wiki updated to reflect that

13 hours ago, Retrograde said:

SotG has no effect on healing, will arrange t have the wiki updated to reflect that

Then what downside does SoTg have now? for years it was supposed to have half heal but seems it never worked. 

Where I'm getting at is, is the rest of meditation going to see some tweaks anytime soon? 

18 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Then what downside does SoTg have now? for years it was supposed to have half heal but seems it never worked. 

Where I'm getting at is, is the rest of meditation going to see some tweaks anytime soon? 

its never had a downside, and even now its still overpowered and needs to be nerfed again.

The other paths also don't have a downside, unless you consider not having SOTG a downside (which you should)

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

even now its still overpowered and needs to be nerfed again.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

its never had a downside, and even now its still overpowered and needs to be nerfed again.

The other paths also don't have a downside, unless you consider not having SOTG a downside (which you should)

Well that's what I mean by my underhanded comments. I honestly love sotg sitting at 30% as opposed to old 50% but it was always said that they would have 50% less healing. That is a downside that could be had and that's it... But currently just like its always been sotg still means you have all the benefits and no downside. 

I wouldn't care much if the devs would stick to their word about revamping all of meditation like they started off saying... It was clear Sotg by itself was supposed to see a change before any other paths see any changes but now there is no talk about it like maybe the problem will go away... ITS NOT GOING AWAY DEVS! 

IMO I would love to see the paths for the most part stay geared towards what they currently are but add some tweaks behind them. They don't even have to be anything crazy or revamps of the path I'm talking about small changes like Hate getting 10% static dmg bonus at lvl10 or something like that and maybe a bit more realistic timer instead of 18 hour cool down. (Look how OP true strike is... Extremely short cool down extremely short cast time and still left in game as is)

Truth be told small tweaks can be made to all paths that are not game breaking and let us test it live... (Before anyone tries to comment my complaints about updates being sent live without notice... I'm talking small tweaks that wouldn't affect a whole lot but can be tested in live setting to see how well it works or if more tweaks are needed, there is a difference between huge changes going live without notice and slight tweaks being tested live.)

rather have it they remove the whole meditation system

###### is a mess and a pain to balance

everyone complains about every single change to it and since it's so much effort and money involved with it, people are against pretty much any change

like ######, just look at when devs tried to balance refresh and the whole freedom community blew up and screamed "REVERT OR DIE"

stupid system, stupid community, stupid RMT

wish the devs would be less scared of the loud 5% of the community that always threaten to quit over every single change

:-(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Worksock said:

Says anyone who have not spent the time to get meditation over 70, or the time to change the path.

It is a sucky system, but anyone can do it, anyone. 

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

Says anyone who have not spent the time to get meditation over 70, or the time to change the path.

siting at 50 for over a year  Dev and players alike sayed  im doing something wrong done it both ways 1ql rug and 20 30 40ql rug nothing helps still at 25% chance to get gain..... it is broken for some people becuz rng system is going off something wokie

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Updated

8 minutes ago, Worksock said:

everyone complains about every single change to it and since it's so much effort and money involved with it, people are against pretty much any change

like ######, just look at when devs tried to balance refresh and the whole freedom community blew up and screamed "REVERT OR DIE"

wish the devs would be less scared of the loud 5% of the community that always threaten to quit over every single change

There is nothing wrong with meditation  system in theory.. Its great and adds to the game but devs need to stop being afraid of making changes that simply make sense. Rereash revert was an easy one... The devs were trying to make something new with the food system and people complained about not the lack of nutrition but more because if how often they would have had to eat with low nutrition... So pretty simply fix is what they did, keep people happy giving them high nutrition but no bonus unless the food system is used. All the devs have to do is think outside the box. Or consult a hand full of players to find any downside they can see from their proposed updates. I've suggested to the Wurm team to put a team together of players some who are known to think outside the box..  I've seen many good suggestions come of of many people. Some in the Wurm team don't think a consulting group is necessary. Everything today has a consulting group IRL.

Damage reduction is a cool feature to add into a game but SoTG (50%!) was a stupid feature that had no balance, you can look into any game to find how small damage reduction bonuses are, or if they are higher than 20% you have a massive side effect or limitation. Same goes for damage bonuses.

Rolf suggested SoTG would have certain wounds not affected by it. The healing side of this could be interpreted in two ways.

<Wurzel> i did think the damage i was taking from falling and drowning seemed less than before but it is hard to tell
<Rof> alright well it should be by half in most cases already
<Rof> made some small changes that affected healing though
<Rof> that made it heal half as fast as well
<Rof> in some cases

This was a discussion Wurzel had with Rolf the moment he got SoTG.

1. SoTG wasn't coded correctly where wounds were healing half as fast, which he made some small changes to.

2. SoTG has been coded so wounds heal half as fast.

I still consider 30% damage reduction (60% additional HP) too OP, but I think to balance damage output with all the bonuses in the game (true strike, mag damage bonus, etc) which can all be bundled onto one player, SoTG has to exist. A full overhaul to special bonuses needs to be looked into. The core armour changes have been completed, I didn't pay much attention to how high damage weapons are into the armor changes mind you, if base weapons are balanced then just bonuses to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

Yay, false assumptions.

I want meditation to get removed, grinded out 70+ med on both clusters, so did the person you just said that to.

• Like 3

How about changing the ingame icon for SotG as well... garbage in=garbage out and the icon for SotG says the same thing the wiki did,

18 hours ago, MetalDragon said:

Damage reduction is a cool feature to add into a game but SoTG (50%!) was a stupid feature that had no balance, you can look into any game to find how small damage reduction bonuses are, or if they are higher than 20% you have a massive side effect or limitation. Same goes for damage bonuses.

Rolf suggested SoTG would have certain wounds not affected by it. The healing side of this could be interpreted in two ways.

<Wurzel> i did think the damage i was taking from falling and drowning seemed less than before but it is hard to tell
<Rof> alright well it should be by half in most cases already
<Rof> made some small changes that affected healing though
<Rof> that made it heal half as fast as well
<Rof> in some cases

This was a discussion Wurzel had with Rolf the moment he got SoTG.

1. SoTG wasn't coded correctly where wounds were healing half as fast, which he made some small changes to.

2. SoTG has been coded so wounds heal half as fast.

I still consider 30% damage reduction (60% additional HP) too OP, but I think to balance damage output with all the bonuses in the game (true strike, mag damage bonus, etc) which can all be bundled onto one player, SoTG has to exist. A full overhaul to special bonuses needs to be looked into. The core armour changes have been completed, I didn't pay much attention to how high damage weapons are into the armor changes mind you, if base weapons are balanced then just bonuses to go.

I cant agree more that SOTG is a cool and needed feature or else there would be way more issues then there are now, but there are also some extremely overpowered abilities still remain in game such as True Strike, and stacking abilities, and honestly not even champ status can stop the OP nature stacking these abilities.

I was more along the lines of trying to inform myself of the correct information about the heal so that I could take the next step and go after the other issues such as stacking.  I would still love to see some balancing tweaks to all other meditation paths but at this very moment the only thing that seems to be broken or game breaking is the ability to stack dmg modifiers and true strike which has little cooldown timer and fast cast time, almost to the point you can just about say is an INSTANT ability with no limits.

On 26/09/2016 at 6:21 PM, Worksock said:

Everyone complains because the devs don't think through all the consequences of a change, especially the time cost to players. The game has a high maintenance cost in time to play: skill grind time I am thinking of specifically here. The package of changes that included the abandoned refresh change increased this time cost to the player by removing certain benefits, Then added better benefits that could be reached, probably only through massive grinding of a skill to some unknown level, one that not all players will already have. Plus adding the time cost to prepare meals to get those new benefits. So potentially adding a big time cost to some players, to regain and then improve on benefits they already have. Is it any wonder the proposal caused outrage? Had they built in a compensatory mechanic, like reduce the time to grind all skills across the board by 5% (or some number) that matches what the best skill grinders would be losing immediately, then they might have got away with the proposal.

There where other things wrong with the proposed changes too, but the above is just the one that caught my attention.

Yup there we go, gone from clarification thread to nerf please thread.  Op Success :lol: