Sign in to follow this  
aamanus

Large font size issues

So, I recently upgraded to a shiny new 4k monitor, and I am running Wurm in windowed mode and have increased the font size (25 for static/default, 30 for header) so that I can actually still read things (small font is like trying to read a pocket sized bible).

However, not all of the UI scales properly when the font size is increased.  This means some parts of the UI are just using small text, which while not ideal is still better than what happens to some others.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4v8d49qol9kcow/Screenshot 2016-09-25 10.55.11.png?dl=0

As you can see in the screenshot, it is impossible to see which friends are online unless you can guess from the first letter and a half of their name and which server they are on.

Also, in the settlement role editing window when editing or adding a role, the save button is cut off - it is impossible to change these settings with larger font sizes.

Also, imping icons etc remain small - it would be nice if those scaled up to match the increased space provided by the larger font in inventory etc.

Currently I have to relog with smaller text sizes in order to change certain deed settings - not exactly Ideal..

please refer to this;

A UI overhaul has been announced.

Edited by Steveleeb

Well, hopefully that will make 4k Wurm better - however my issues is less to do with the unreadable text areas - those are much more limited use so I can just lean in and squint a bit...

It is a bug however that UI elements required for functionality are hidden when text is enlarged, such as the apply button in village role settings page.  It's rather frustrating to have to relog with different settings just to perform that task then relog into playable mode.