Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

WU Screenshots

I know that one aspect of WU vs WO was the thought that no one was ever going to see what I am building so thought we needed a place to share our deeds and the beauty of our WU servers so made a screenshot thread for WU.  

I just got started on my new server so I will post something up later but feel free to start sharing yours...  (or does everyone just post their WU screenshots in the WO section?) 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

It was about time! I do think that WU needs this.

I know beauty is beauty anywhere... but some screen that would seem crazy for WO like some crazy ass bridges or big ass buildings..but if they are from WU where may or may not been put real work on doesnt mean that much(to me anyway).I even had a little drama a while back on this topic.

Having them separeted is good.

Edited by Jonydowy

3 hours ago, Kegan said:

(or does everyone just post their WU screenshots in the WO section?) 

Pretty much yeah. Tho it wouldn't hurt for a WU Only section with location & Server names to show off some stuff. 

My deed from first finding and choosing a spot up until now:

Server: Kingdom of Mogley (private)

Skill: 2x, recently changed to 8x; 1x action timer

Spoiler

2wrkr4m.jpg

Leveling and building the house:

Spoiler

16kytl1.jpg

More leveling for the animal pens:

Spoiler

nnmheg.jpg

Animal pens, cobblestone and farm plots mostly complete: 

Spoiler

29cb09j.jpg

Obligatory rainbow and charcoal pile screenshot:

Spoiler

6dr479.jpg

Leveling for more pens:

Spoiler

2s6q1xk.jpg

And finally, problems:

Spoiler

28ldid1.jpg

Edited by Mogi
  • Like 5

On 9/30/2016 at 10:14 AM, Mogi said:

My deed from first finding and choosing a spot up until now:

Server: Kingdom of Mogley (private)

Skill: 2x, recently changed to 8x; 1x action timer

Hide contents

2wrkr4m.jpg

Leveling and building the house:

Hide contents

16kytl1.jpg

More leveling for the animal pens:

Hide contents

nnmheg.jpg

Animal pens, cobblestone and farm plots mostly complete: 

Hide contents

29cb09j.jpg

Obligatory rainbow and charcoal pile screenshot:

Hide contents

6dr479.jpg

Leveling for more pens:

Hide contents

2s6q1xk.jpg

And finally, problems:

Hide contents

28ldid1.jpg

How are you in third person??

A setting in the options will make you switch to 3rd person.

• Like 1

On our server Hyperborea:

Spoiler

2jfdq49.jpg

Spoiler

epji49.jpg

Spoiler

2gtdn5x.jpg

Spoiler

2e3naz7.jpg

Spoiler

209n539.jpg

Spoiler

2a5gh36.jpg

Spoiler

zjukph.jpg

• Like 6

On 30/09/2016 at 4:14 PM, Mogi said:

2wrkr4m.jpg

golden screenie, memorable
(if only the mount was a little higher)

Edited by Steveleeb

Most screenies are on Steam, there's a constant dribble of them.

Having recently gotten my hands on the game, i got to work on Knightshade.
I'm enjoying it a thousand times more than i thought i might. 
I apologise for the detritus, ignore the black column (Bone Altar), had to move it so i could landscape.
The island is just a base, the palace will be on the other side of the mountain that the bridge leads to.
I'll be implementing a few designs into WO once i have them. 
the center support for the 2 bridges is made out of high iron fences. Technically that's not meant to be possible and im not sure if i'd get away with it in WO.
But i do believe i'll try

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

didn't use spoiler-hide, there's only a couple of them
Server - Firwood Vale

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 4

My first completed building on my server is my new stables design. Interlocking "L" shape stalls.  Each stall is 3 tiles, can hold a breeding pair and offspring.  Every house wall is either a door or arch.  The inner walls are just stone fence, so there are no sticky spots to interrupt leading.  Finally, my main house, with the foundation carved out of the edge of the cliff, making the two bottom floors a daylight basement and bridges to the 2nd & 3rd floors for drive through access.  Will post more when I get further along with the house.  Using WU for experimentation with new building designs and will recreate successful ones on my deeds in WO.

ovyRiyS.jpg

bT2Ehiq.jpg

8cx46So.jpg

• Like 3

i didn't even know this post was here, so kudos to the original poster for making this available.

so it's like trying to get blood out of a stone, to get new floor types for WU, so I decided to go snooping and found the graphics.jar file and searched out floors, and with a little trial and error, I now have decent wood floors, that doesn't look like someone drew them lol. I think it looks rather nice, I've managed to change the stone, marble and wood floors successfully i'm still yet to change the slate brick and pottery floors, all I've done is change the texture, not the materials if I could find someone who could somehow mod this, that'd be great, it looks more "natural"

366220_20161207195542_1.png

• Like 7

That floor looks amazing, where's my saroman poking stick...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

That floor looks amazing, where's my saroman poking stick...

Thanks, i had to resize it down to fit, the image size, the only downside is the stairs are now looking a little messed up, think its something to do with the mapping, because i changed the texture for the floor, it also changed the stairs, they should have their texture in reality. ... I could see myself as a young boy in socks sliding across that floor... Ah to be young again lol

last time I slid on a wood floor in my socks... it was grandma's house upstairs and I was a teenager.  Had a great slide, but nearly tripped and fell at the end.  A chunk of wood, 3 inches long and almost a half inch wide at the end, speared into the ball of my foot and tore out of the floor.  Grandma had to use pliers and two hands to pull it out.

Ah, to be young again ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wurmhole said:

Ah, to be young again ;) and a robot - professor Farnsworth

366220_20161208123755_1.png

and now for floor number 2, this is the stone floor. the stone floor - default was ok, but it really should only be used as a center piece not a whole area, this is why I have been pleading for more floor styles. at the moment i'm only using the stone, marble and wood floors, these are just 2 that I've modified, i'll be putting these into a back up folder because I know they'll get overwritten when the game is updated, developers, please consider giving us some brighter and cleaner floor textures,

• Like 2

and now for floor number 3. this is ice cold blue marble. this replaces the stone brick texture.;

366220_20161209164438_1.png

Edited by ozmods
forgot attachment.
  • Like 2

thanks the stone brick floors look awful so I decided to trade it out, all I've done is changed the texture unfortunately, it looks a little stretched, because the textures need to be HD, I understand the game was designed for older systems and lower graphics cards back when it was released, but no matter I love wurm, I have over 100 games in my steam account and they barely get a look in.

devs if you read this, we need more floor types like this please.

• Like 1

this is "bruny island hotel"

this is one of 3 hotels that i'm building for wurm unlimited, it's 41x 17 tiles, it will be 10 stories high, with an area for restuarants, bar, library and a place for armory display, it will have 180 hotel rooms all fitted out with all luxury items in each room.

the concept started out as a simple tavern but it kind of grew legs lol,

thanks to@Webbaand @razoreqxfor making this available to remove the size restrictions.

366220_20161211211952_1.png

Pretty amazing hotel. Looking forward to seeing the rooms when decorated!

Here is my house completed. Possibly too busy, but I like to build with lots of chaos in my designs.  Here is a link to several screenies.

http://imgur.com/a/1EjRG

Pay attention to the one looking up at the front porch ceiling... notice the light fixture in the ceiling? 

The two sloped bridges make a drive through access to the bulk storage shelf of my basement craft area.

thanks, unfortunately I've had to do a roll back, a mod has screwed up my game, so much of what you see "floor" wise is gone, I saw your pics, love it, well done. just a quick question how did you get a light fixture there, I thought that wasn't possible? care to elaborate please, as it would save me a whole lot of time making candlebras.

cheers.

You bet.  First off, think of a roof tile as the same as a floor tile.  It's imaginary surface is really the same level as a floor - you just don't see it.  So, if you make a roof and a floor next to each other, put your light on the floor, then push it into the roof.  In that particular case, I pushed it a little way into a single roof tile, then bashed my floor and rebuilt it as roof, to make the two roofs connect over the doorway.  If you had a 2x2 roof, the peak would be much higher and you could put full candelabras up in them for a true chandelier look.  I used the copper brazier here, because the roof is just too shallow for any other good lighting.  I did think about spawning a snow lantern, but I wanted to create everything naturally as a player and not worry about things that need manual refueling and relighting.

Some of my favorite things with Wurm is finding ways to do things that were never intended and produce better results than devs imagined could be done.  Maybe if one reads this, they will create a shallow light source that looks really nice from below :)

• Like 1

366220_20161216151905_1.png

I've finally got the hotel to, hotel room level. now comes the fun part. building the rooms lol,..the "wood" part is a scaffold for the middle area of the next floor. (that middle area is 2 levels high) the rooms will be single level

I've only been on my server for a few months, so I have nothing to offer in the way of majestic palaces, vast building projects or noble settlements. Thus, instead of glorious views (which I might be able to offer in future), what I have is two bulls faceplanting into a dock and a Spirit Templar taking a bath in a barrel of olive oil.

Spoiler

EDB03E5DC413E3AD8578A962CDA12DC405D0FF5A

Spoiler

61D8AB1F867C1C7B5C20989051946415F5972AF9

• Like 4

thanks to @Brash_EndeavorsI was able to replace the texture to the design I was after, I think it's coming up a treat, I want my deeds to express my creativity and I just felt the game was too "grey" so I changed the wall textures, along with oriels, what I would like to see in the future is more material types instead of just stone, wood marble.

366220_20161222132718_1.png

366220_20161222132745_1.png

Edited by ozmods
edit
  • Like 4