Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #38 Recipe for success

YAY ! Can't wait to see all those cool new items being added to game! Do I see Larder there too ? WOW was it me who inspired Devs to invent it finally ? Or it is nice coincidence and been planned for awhile already? I hope my suggestion mentioned earlier helped with it !

Thank you !

So many teases Im ready for it..bring it!

BTW nice job..keep up the updates and make me wanna play!

bees..... hahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MUHAHAHAHAHAMUHAHAHAH.... no seriously that made my dreary vancouver weather day!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Retrograde hope you feel better get some rest!!!!! Much needed i hear... i hate savings time as well loosing an hour during a hectic time of year so our farmers have it better is so lame for us city peops..

Good stuff! Bees sound as handy in Wurm as in the real world!

• Like 1

that cooking overhaul really sounds interesting :) the question is now, WHEN? :D

• Like 1

thanks for listening to player feedback and concerns about liquid and meal decay. also bees could be best update 2016

Behind that larder is a pile of white lumps.  Could be marble, could be ...

I only have one question about the storage options...

Will. It. Stow. Fish?!

• Like 5

I hope Hota statues won't become obsolete as storage for meals, or at least that there would be something else keeping them both hot and preserved, in that case, rip ugly hotas : D

I don't think the wax sealing idea is a good move.

The reason is quite simple. We don't have to expend resources (outside the initial creation steps) in order to use a bulk container to stop decay. Unless the sealing wax is 100% removable and recyclable this feature will have a cost to store items.

35 minutes ago, joedobo said:

We don't have to expend resources (outside the initial creation steps) in order to use a bulk container to stop decay. 

Good point!  I guess the devs should look into adding an extra step to make bulk containers stop decay not only inside deed but also outside by adding tar or something.

I feel like requiring that extra step for decay-free storage of liquids is to better differentiate it from other liquid storage. Right now, there's enough differentiation between bulk storage and non-bulk that you'll use different ones for different circumstances, but for liquids, there really wouldn't be that same distinction, so there's be no reason to ever use anything but bulk storage units, unless they can't be moved or something. Having to use a bit of wax and cloth to seal them up gives incentive to only use them when they're necessary.

4 hours ago, Sappiro said:

Is this a fridge? :D

Almost, a larder is kind of like a cool storage area or room, some might consider it a pantry nowadays. In this case a cabinet.

6 hours ago, joedobo said:

The reason is quite simple. We don't have to expend resources (outside the initial creation steps) in order to use a bulk container to stop decay. Unless the sealing wax is 100% removable and recyclable this feature will have a cost to store items.

That's a good point, the wax might just be a one time thing, hopefully it's not that much of a hassle.

You know the next question ........................ 

WHENFORWU? =D

(And I still think you guys should think DLC's for it, I'd bite.  Not like Steam ain't cashgrabland)

Edited by Mordraug

12 hours ago, joedobo said:

Bulk containers also have monthly 5% volume loss off deed, or on a deed under 30 days upkeep. Sealing containers like these will have no loss or decay, and the contents will be included in the name.

(wine barrels will also have a "taste" option)

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to this cooking update, but I hope that it includes a few features that I haven't seen talked about yet. For instance, the ability to make wine with other fruits, even if they don't age, and the ability to make trellises from sprouts. It would also be great if we could get a recolor of the rose trellis to be used with other tea making flowers. Imagine having your own teahouse. :lol:

Sounds as sealing is similar to what giftwrapping was, but for liquid containers.. I think it is good solution.

On 24/09/2016 at 10:33 AM, Klaa said:

I only have one question about the storage options...

Will. It. Stow. Fish?!

I am pleased to tell you, Klaa, that Tich advised at the Forest Giant slaying on Exodus on Saturday, that: YES indeed it will be possible to store fish and fresh meat in FSBs - and presumably in the new larder cabinet. ;)

Tich also said that there will also be new cooking utensils to make and use with the new recipes...

• Like 3