Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Ash in Fires

Since ash has more uses than simply making lye, it would be handy to have some more sources than just coal piles or a dozen campfires

A small bit generated inside the fire whenever a fire container goes out or is refueled is one means that stays immersive.

• Like 9

my settlement is paved of slate. tho.. i have to buy my ash.
I have no need for piles (snigger) and can u imagine the number of campfires you'd need for 1K?

+1 toward development. maybe unify it with something else.

Edited by Steveleeb
typo

Babump... just one of those QoL changes for a resource in increasing demand.

+1

Seen this in action on WU.  Works well, doesn't lead to crazy amounts of ash.  Didn't see any down sides that I could tell.

Maybe add bonfires to the game... could have it do an area of effect to boost something like skill gain, nutrition gains from food, and maybe even the more people in the AoE, the higher the effects... Could just toss in a few logs a hour to keep the fire going and build up a ton of ash... idk, just a though...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mykoal said:

Maybe add bonfires to the game... could have it do an area of effect to boost something like skill gain, nutrition gains from food, and maybe even the more people in the AoE, the higher the effects... Could just toss in a few logs a hour to keep the fire going and build up a ton of ash... idk, just a though...

Be nice if bonfires had a longer render as well; though, light glow can be seen from quite a distance already.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1