Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Name and Shame : Willieman : stole goblin leader "for JK" - Necroedarkslayer mocked us for it

I don't know how JK as a whole feels about it, but my personal stance is that someone who tries to smear another person's reputation on false pretenses doesn't deserve to be made whole by receiving an item that they're simply going to sell anyway.

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

I don't know how JK as a whole feels about it, but my personal stance is that someone who tries to smear another person's reputation on false pretenses doesn't deserve to be made whole by receiving an item that they're simply going to sell anyway.

I mean, I understand JK PoV, but you did have one of your members or whatever you call them place a deed down on someone else's unique claim. While the deed it or loose it rule applies, it's pretty frown upon. Your "king" seems to enjoy trolling people immensely and baiting them. Speaking from experience you guys could elect a better leader and seriously should think about the ramifications of your kingdom's actions in the future to avoid senseless drama. This is generally a unpleasant circumstance for all involved. I do think your kingdom should rethink it's decision however, and just compensate Davih and his girlfriend.

Newbies shouldn't be trolled like this. Damaging the community hurts everyone, less money goes to fund the game. Less subscribers etc. Think you can figure out the rest here.

• Like 5

You and our "king" (which he's not) have quite a long history.  It is known by everyone that you have a reputation for unique drama yourself. I don't care who was right or wrong, it rubbed you the wrong way and you'll never let it go.  So why should we bother to try to make amends to someone that smears our name on the forums for something that is 100% legal?

Oh and, his "claim" I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been able to be penned and organized without help.  If he doesn't even know what a black tome is, do you think he has a clue how to pen a unique to host a slaying? 

These topics are why I try and avoid unique hunts now lol it causes so much upset and stress.

I've found the best way of dealing with these things are to know the mechanics and do everything yourself go secure the unique, organise it yourself and make the rules yourself. You don't tell anybody you found it until you secure it. That way it can't be 'stolen'.

Reading the op it seem there's some miscommunication on 'you get an item's as the wurm community over several hunts has deemed tomes 3 items.

The other issue I see is losing control of the unique. The game rules have always said it's your own responsibility to secure your goods which is why these 'deed it or lose it' comments have came in. While generally the wurm community is good, when it comes to uniques you ignore the community help until you have it (this is what I've learned from these dramas over the years).

While I don't agree from a community aspect a friend or a friend of a friend coming over and deeding a unique you found and then taking charge of the whole event (yeah bit of an ###### thing to do) but from a ruleset point you allowed it to happen and youre the only ones responsible for it.

These topics are always a lessons learned. Find it, then do it all yourself. Once you have the game rules behind you (secured on your deed) then ask for help at least then you're calling the shots.

Note: I am a member of JK I don't agree entirely on what happened but as someone else who has been stung by the rules you just have to accept responsibility for where it went wrong and change that next time.

As for Niki's comment above being a trap to go to chaos, I know myself it wouldn't be. I also don't agree you should go to the server for the charge. Since 1 charge was to go to the OP it's easier to manage by using two charges first and providing the last bit to the OP. Im not sure if tomes are mailable but the least they can do is deliver the charge to you.. but I think the op has turned down any item now?

Edited by MetalDragon

Just now, Wargasm said:

You and our "king" (which he's not) have quite a long history.  It is known by everyone that you have a reputation for unique drama yourself. I don't care who was right or wrong, it rubbed you the wrong way and you'll never let it go.  So why should we bother to try to make amends to someone that smears our name on the forums for something that is 100% legal?

Oh and, his "claim" I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been able to be penned and organized without help.  If he doesn't even know what a black tome is, do you think he has a clue how to pen a unique to host a slaying? 

I see you want to throw me aside, I guess I deserve that? I've made mistakes just like the OP when trying to bring to light misconduct of your kingdom. Thing is I'm not a sheep. Like follow people blindly into battle isn't my thing. One day you get called a spy and your so called friends turn on you without hesitation, it could simply be a misunderstanding.

Also for the record, I know for a fact he has done several questionable things, generally isn't a good person and I made that publicly in the past. However that isn't "this" topic. Also your kingdom has a huge history of taking advantage of others, and the list keeps growing. I don't know how you guys enjoy hurting others all day every day. Honestly.

43 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

What list?  The one from the bdew twitter feed?

It's actually borked on my site, for unknown reasons (will look into it later). Niarja has a working list https://www.niarja.com/uniques/585

8 minutes ago, MetalDragon said:

The other issue I see is losing control of the unique. The game rules ...

That's why it's a name and shame thread rather than a ticket asking GMs to take action. It's was a legal move, yet it's a ###### move.

51 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

The OP, who clearly doesn't understand how unique loot works.

Cut the cowpoop. His understanding, or not understang (which wasn't even in question the moment that deed dropped) should have 0 effect on people stealing from him. 

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Sounds like creed of the greedier, or did u had in your mind this will be public slaying? Also PVP and PVE needs to be separated, been saying this for 4 years now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zigozag said:

@Luttuosa @Davih @Gofs

So what did Willie do to help penning the goblin apart from dropping a deed?

Absolutely nothing, as gofs said, he just came there to steal the thing abusing our trust, "take it for JK" and dictate the rules.

Gofs penned the Goblin

One of these rules is that we couldn't had to decide anything about the loot, and that we lost everything because "we were greedy."

I just woke up and i'll answer to the rest too, even if if saddens me deeply that most of the people posting here have no clues about the situation and didn't even bother to read antyhing.

Edited by Davih

8 minutes ago, Davih said:

Absolutely nothing, as Gofs said, he just came there to steal the thing abusing our trust, "take it for JK" and dictate the rules.

Well then this:

58 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Oh and, his "claim" I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been able to be penned and organized without help.

is false, and everyone throwing poop at Davih and Luttuosa is wrong whatever their misbeliefs about tomes were. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

wow....okay...so let me get this straight....not only did you get the unique "stolen" by someone you thought you could trust, by deeding over it while you just worked on a deed stake.
You also get accused of greedyness, after he deeded it, decided over all the rules including when the slaying happens, took most of the items and left you only the choice of one item and then deciding to want a whole tome.
Then getting ridiculed for not knowing how that tome works (as if everyone has to know everything) and THEN also, which seems something everyone forgets here, being told that they have to cross over to chaos to be able to get that charge! (suspicious much?)

THEN in this topic people rub it in by saying "deed it or loose it" and "seems you weren't fit to lead a unique hunt" etc etc. Making it seems as if everyone who is finding a unique and wants to somehow benefit from it and be "allowed" to lead a unique hunt, needs to be perfectly prepared at all times, needs to know how every other unique hunt before was handled AND needs to have had experience in unique hunting before. (Really?!)
So.....and THEN it goes even further by trying to make it look as if the ones who found the unique were the ones in the wrong all along, even though all the facts speak for their side?

I'm sorry you guys....it seems you got into a horrible mix of "chaos" eliteism and unique hunt madness. And now they are trying to cover their doings by obfuscating their deeds by trying to lead the conversation in their favor, into a direction that has nothing to do with your actual complaint. (by making everything about how you didn't just want a charge from the tome....and crossing to chaos for that

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Oreo said:

Nah I didn't, really, all I saw was that you thought a Tome was something that you can claim as a whole from a slaying.

Which is laughable.

Also, a JK PvE Leader, lol really?

Come on, that's just sad and really funny.

Exactly, you didn't read, that's why you shouldn't make comments without understanding basically anything of the situation but the stupid tome part.

4 hours ago, necroe said:

I wish people would link the whole convo...

I specifically told him I said that because he asked someone in JK ,who the leader of JK pve is :P

Called trolling someone whom is trashing on people I know.

Anyways offered his GF the one who found the goblin something to be a nice guy, but Davih said HE wont take charity or something along those lines.

Have fun with the name and shame thread.

Yeah, you came to make fun of us and talk us crap, people isn't already reading anything because this thing is already too long, linking the whole convo won't help much, as it's basically you saying the same things over and over again.
And sure, you offered an undefined "gift" to Luttuosa after making fun of us for 2 hours, i personally don't wan't your charity, and i don't think that should come from you anyway. I'm just here to let people know how things have gone, not to collect some random valuables, so, yeah you can either keep it or gift it to her, i don't care and i won't stop posting what i was going to post just because you wanted to do this, saying her stuff like "Davih doesn't need to deal with that anymore"

2 hours ago, Egard said:

I don't know why you are all upset, they alteast made a post and all. If Willie wanted to steal it he could have had it killed the minute he dropped the deed. What I think really happen here was poor communication both parties English does not seem to be their first language (Willie and Lutt). There are countless unique slayings that happen in private and people don't even get a chance for potions heck I did one not even last week on Xanadu. Be grateful for what you got and move on. Next time you find a unique take all preventive measures yourself. If you were to make a name and shame thread for everyone that's allegedly stolen uniques this board would have hundreds of threads like this one. 

typical deed it or lose it situation.

Hm, no, i'm sorry to say it once again, but what happened here was you not reading the thread.

Also we didn't get anything, besides a fishy offer to go to chaos for a charge we didn't need, she just wanted a decent part of the look, as we should have had the whole of it before they stole it from us, we didn't need it a possible trap to get a pvp title.

2 hours ago, SeeD said:

Strikes me that the issue that occurred here is not realising that tome charges were considered individual items.

It's always been this way when dealing with unique loot, but perhaps both sides could have acted better.

I can only hope JK resolves this situation to luttuosas satisfaction, rather than the surprising amount of JKers attacking the OP for not understanding it was 1 charge.

No, that wasn't the main issue anyway. At all.

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Every unique fight I've ever seen on Freedom OR Chaos has always been the same.  No one person walks away with all three charges of a valrei item.  If you get a charge, you are excluded from rolls on the lesser items like skull, bone, etc.  That's just how uniques are hosted.  That was how my first unique hosting was handled, and I let someone else do the deeding, trapping, killing, distributing etc because I didn't have a clue at the time.

And before people look at the JK logo under my name and say "oh well of course you side with them, you're in JK!", feel free to ask the good citizens of Release how I hosted a goblin leader that dropped the most sacred sorcery item, Smoke of Sol, and didn't keep a charge for myself, or even for my kingdom. 

Ask anyone in this list of people.

If the OP didn't even know what a black tome is, he probably has no business hosting a unique kill in the first place.  It is very clear from your PM's to both Willie and Necroe that you were driven by nothing more than greed, so stop making it sound like you wanted to host it for the good of the community.  You'd have kept a charge either way, whether you played your cards right and Willie gave you a charge, or you hosted it yourself.  If you hosted it yourself, and kept all three charges, I'm sure this thread would be named in your honor.

Fact of the matter is, Tomes have three charges.  You give the tome to a person, they use it on a 3x3 flat surface near an altar (doesn't have to be on Chaos, dunno why he told you that), hand it to the next person and they use it, and with 1 charge left they'd have given it to you.

Willie did a good thing by announcing the fight so that people could show up for mining potion bloods, it's not like we sailed a knarr of guys over from Chaos and killed it on the spot with 12 people.  We offered you a charge, that wasn't good enough, and you tried to drag our kingdom through the mud via this forum post.... so instead you get nothing.

The whole Goblin kill was stolen from us by that guy, the 1-3 charges thing is definitivley not the main issue.

Anyway, the charges WERE NOT rolled, nothing was publicly rolled. They did host the event and they did keep EVERYTHING for themselves, and you are here saying me that i am greedy?
I could have had my private circle of friends to share/roll my charges with too, and that is exactly what Willieman and his JK friends did, without sharing anything with anyone.

you tried to drag our kingdom through the mud via this forum post.... so instead you get nothing.

Are you even serious trying to write this? No, things have gone differently, she was scammed and she got nothing from the kill FIRST, and i made this post LATER. Don't be ridiculous.

Also i have already answered that i don't think the whole JK is responsible for this, because i've talked with some people from JK that been reasonable and even sided with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Yes i do, all we needed was a priest to collapse the tile and Gofs did that, unfortunately he also called someone he has regret calling

26 minutes ago, Miretta said:

wow....okay...so let me get this straight....not only did you get the unique "stolen" by someone you thought you could trust, by deeding over it while you just worked on a deed stake.
You also get accused of greedyness, after he deeded it, decided over all the rules including when the slaying happens, took most of the items and left you only the choice of one item and then deciding to want a whole tome.
Then getting ridiculed for not knowing how that tome works (as if everyone has to know everything) and THEN also, which seems something everyone forgets here, being told that they have to cross over to chaos to be able to get that charge! (suspicious much?)

THEN in this topic people rub it in by saying "deed it or loose it" and "seems you weren't fit to lead a unique hunt" etc etc. Making it seems as if everyone who is finding a unique and wants to somehow benefit from it and be "allowed" to lead a unique hunt, needs to be perfectly prepared at all times, needs to know how every other unique hunt before was handled AND needs to have had experience in unique hunting before. (Really?!)
So.....and THEN it goes even further by trying to make it look as if the ones who found the unique were the ones in the wrong all along, even though all the facts speak for their side?

I'm sorry you guys....it seems you got into a horrible mix of "chaos" eliteism and unique hunt madness. And now they are trying to cover their doings by obfuscating their deeds by trying to lead the conversation in their favor, into a direction that has nothing to do with your actual complaint. (by making everything about how you didn't just want a charge from the tome....and crossing to chaos for that

That summarizes the situation pretty accurately, thanks.

12 minutes ago, Davih said:

for a charge we didn't need

If you don't need it, what then did you want from the kill?  The bone?  skull?  corpse?

21 minutes ago, necroe said:

Also I had nothing to do with "stealing" this Goblin or the loot Niki, and I tried to actually offer something to Davih's GF even though I was not there nor any part of that. But Davih can tell you why I gave up on that.

Sure, because that's totally not what i asked for, and because you got mad about me including "you mocking us" in my thread.

8 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

If you don't need it, what then did you want from the kill?  The bone?  skull?  corpse?

That's not the point, we didn't want to follow you on Chaos (possibly in a trap, seeing how much these people can be trusted) to get an activated charge from that item, we could have wanted the last charge of the book if someone even cared about proposing that(since we didn't know how the item works). But nobody did, they all took up the chance of "us being greedy" to call it done and keep even that for themselves.

Even though we should have been the ones deciding how to split the loot, since "they didn't want to steal the kill" - as they stated, here:

[20:15:31]  <Willieman> I wanna take this for JK and put her on loot role since she kinda strugling
[20:15:38] <Willieman> Looked like you were strugling and then you went afk.
[20:17:00] <Willieman> You will still get loot
[20:17:06] <Willieman> not stealing the kill
[20:43:49] <Willieman> Ohhhh ok kwl i'm not stealing anything ok? we just got it down and moved up the time because waiting till sunday is to risky

Edited by Davih

Yeah see that's part of the problem.  I read your book, but I'm not trying to argue points.  I asked a simple question.

If you don't need the tome, then what piece of loot did you want?

1 minute ago, Wargasm said:

Yeah see that's part of the problem.  I read your book, but I'm not trying to argue points.  I asked a simple question.

Are you purposely avoiding the whole "stole unique" thing to focus on the loot?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

First of all, i'm not the one who found the Goblin, Luttuosa did, and she wanted the Tome, so i guess "the last charge of the tome without having to go with someone we don't trust" was still a viable option.

We didn't need it activated on Luttuosa right now as we weren't sure how it works exactly and how/when to use it, even less if she had to cross to chaos with THEM to get it.

Edited by Davih

3 minutes ago, bdew said:

Are you purposely avoiding the whole "stole unique" thing to focus on the loot?

That's pretty much what people is doing from the first reply.

6 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Demagoguery at its best. The fact, whether someone needs the tome or not is irrelevant. Can always sell things you don't need.

The whole point is, was it your loot to begin with. Yes, you didn't break any rules, but fact is, your kingdom stole this from the person, who found the unique.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rixk said:

Demagoguery at its best. The fact, whether someone needs the tome or not is irrelevant. Can always sell things you don't need.

The whole point is, was it your loot to begin with. Yes, you didn't break any rules, but fact is, your kingdom stole this from the person, who found the unique.

Look, people can point fingers all they want.  Player A said this, Player B did that.  It all boils down to greed on both "sides", which sad to say, happens with every unique fight.  It is nothing new, it has been happening ever since sorcery items were introduced, and it will continue to happen because of the nature of greed.

People are painting this picture of these "poor noobs that got taken advantage of" when I see this thread and know that someone with that many rares/supremes (for sale, lord knows how many he has that aren't for sale) and sells 99 QL logs doesn't count as a "noob" in my mind.

Somebody missed out on 1g.  ###### happens.  It happened to me when the wrong number got /roll on a spreadsheet at the last unique kill I went to.  Get over it.

1 hour ago, MetalDragon said:

I've found the best way of dealing with these things are to know the mechanics and do everything yourself go secure the unique, organise it yourself and make the rules yourself. You don't tell anybody you found it until you secure it. That way it can't be 'stolen'.

While I don't agree from a community aspect a friend or a friend of a friend coming over and deeding a unique you found and then taking charge of the whole event (yeah bit of an ###### thing to do) but from a ruleset point you allowed it to happen and youre the only ones responsible for it.

These topics are always a lessons learned. Find it, then do it all yourself. Once you have the game rules behind you (secured on your deed) then ask for help at least then you're calling the shots.

Yes, and this is a lesson we just learned the hard way

Anyway, as i am fully aware that what he has done isn't against the game rules (well, there's not even support from the staff for stolen accounts afaik).

Still i think that some shameful acts has been done, and while i learned my lesson, i also want to highlight what has happened, at least as something that could be called a warning for the community about people that shouldn't be trusted.

21 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Look, people can point fingers all they want.  Player A said this, Player B did that.  It all boils down to greed on both "sides", which sad to say, happens with every unique fight.  It is nothing new, it has been happening ever since sorcery items were introduced, and it will continue to happen because of the nature of greed.

People are painting this picture of these "poor noobs that got taken advantage of" when I see this thread and know that someone with that many rares/supremes (for sale, lord knows how many he has that aren't for sale) and sells 99 QL logs doesn't count as a "noob" in my mind.

Somebody missed out on 1g.  ###### happens.  It happened to me when the wrong number got /roll on a spreadsheet at the last unique kill I went to.  Get over it.

Oh, so because she found a valuable unique and got stolen and scammed in all the possible ways about it.

It automatically becomes GREED if we legitemaly complain about being stripped off this things?

really?

So if someone steal something from you, and you want it back, or AT LEAST a decent piece of it back, you are greedy?

Yeah, i have many rare and supremes and i skilled up my woodcutting more than everything, i worked hard on these things, i basically played nonstop for 6months only to achieve those things while i have less knowledge of hunting and pvp mechanics, being a "noob on these things"

So what? what does this have to do with that? What are you even trying to prove?

I'ts not like i've ever sold more than 10s of all those logs anyway.

And get over it? really? That is you answer about members of your kingdom scamming my GF and trying to downplay and confuse everything? You can't really be thinking that if you assume to be a decent player.

Edit : for the record, since you seem to care so much, not all the things i'm sellng on that Thread are mine. And while you've opened it, look at the date it was created, with the first answers being "Welcome to the wurm community"

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1