Sign in to follow this  
Davih

Name and Shame : Willieman : stole goblin leader "for JK" - Necroedarkslayer mocked us for it

Ok, this is a pretty long story, i can garantuee you it's a pretty much juicy one, so you might as well get some popcorns and follow ahead, i made a TL_DR but i had to remove it cause people kept commenting just by reading that.

Forgive me for mistypes and everything, i have an headache from like this afternoon and i'm not too good at writing in english anyway.

It all starts like this:

Luttuosa (my gf) was exploring Celebration, at some point she runs in a Goblin Leader and asks in GL-Freedom what she should do, i realize this isn't the best way of doing it and i stop her from giving any detail.

I sail over along with my alt and a (trusted) friend and we reach the Goblin and bring it near a cave, then she asks a friend of her(Gofs) that had a priest to come and help her with penning it inside the cave, she also tells him that if he wants to bring someone else with him it must be someone he trusts, and we give him the location of of the Goblin.

After a bit of time, Gofs, his priest alt, and another two people (Willieman, Marinekiller) are on the place, i am lagging terribly, so i try to help with the cave in, but that's not really necessary and everything is done in like 10 minutes.

I bring over my alt to make the deed (i wanted to deed with someone that could be left there) but, due to the extreme lag, he dies in the process killed by a bear in an unknown place among the trees, so we go with "Plan B" which is making the deed with Luttuosa.
We move the silvers and she ask in local if someone have a deed's stake (because the one our alt had is lost somewhere in the woods where she died lagging) . Nobody answers, and after a little time, as an answer the deed named "I got one" gets founded by Willieman.

At the moment, nobody was present in local besides people we trusted and these two guys.

Speechless, we ask for clarifications, and he just answers:

[20:15:31]  <Willieman> I wanna take this for JK and put her on loot role since she kinda strugling
-
[20:15:38] <Willieman> Looked like you were strugling and then you went afk.
[20:17:00] <Willieman> You will still get loot
[20:17:06] <Willieman> not stealing the kill

She never went afk, i did, and she was about to deed when he got the deed stolen under her nose.

We got kind of upset and worried by the situation, so we started asking why he did this and what they wanted to do.

So, frist they tell us that we will "still get the loot", not even 10 minutes later the thing has already turned to this:

[20:20:32] <Willieman> Get the JK over to help kill this thing we gonna need fighters
[20:26:53] <Willieman> Ok so basically you are garenteed 1 item that drops because you found it then the main fighters get to role on the other things and then the public people get the blood

We told them that we wanted to make it public and share the blood with everyone, and that we would have wanted to share part of the loot with them for helping us penning.

They told us to not make it public, as it's too risky and  someone could have stolen it, i explained them that they just needed to fence it in and lock the gate until he's dead.

But since the deed wasn't our, we weren't making the rules.
I was still kind upset about all the thing have turned, cause we wanted to organize the killing ourselves, so i contacted Willieman by Pm:

Spoiler

Logging started 2016-09-19
[20:36:00] <Davih> can you please tell me why you stole the deed from us after we said that we were ok about telling the location but we wanted trusted people only?
[20:36:21] <Davih> And now you're keeping the deed for yourself and deciding the rules too?
[20:37:11] <Davih> we were even happy about getting help and wanted to share a part of the loot with you but now this is really a bad attitude
[20:38:11] <Davih> i knew at least another 3 people i could call to get help but she said it was ok that you could be trusted and now you're doing this?
[20:39:58] <Willieman> You not even here so get over it...
[20:40:10] <Davih> are you kidding me?
[20:40:32] <Davih> i'm Luttuosa's BF, we found it
[20:41:01] <Davih> and we called you and given you the location
[20:41:40] <Davih> and i'm not there now? lol, you basically stole the deed when se was ready with the money and asked if someone could craft a deed stake cause the mailbox was a bit far
[20:42:08] <Willieman> Did not know you are related to her sorry, she didnt say anything
[20:42:28] <Willieman> so looked like a random person pming me like that
[20:42:40] <Davih> i was there before...
[20:42:44] <Davih> i even saw you, lol
[20:42:53] <Davih> and killed the bear following you
[20:43:49] <Willieman> Ohhhh ok kwl i'm not stealing anything ok? we just got it down and moved up the time because waiting till sunday is to risky

That basically reassured me once again that "he isn't stealing anything"

When i tried to clarify things more, he just quitted without saying a single word, i even tought he had blocked me, but Gofs told me he didn't.

At that point, i started talking with Gofs, that felt really bad, blamed himself hard, saying it was all his fault, that they "sold his word" and kept apoligizing etc. At such a point that i had to comfort him myself saying it was not all his fault anyway.

Later, since Willieman wasn't reappearing i've sent him a PM explaining once again that i was very worried and sad about everything that happened and that i didn't felt that it was fair. He never replyed or even read that reply.

And, 30 minutes later, i discovered he had placed a public warning on the Celebration forum : http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145340-goblin-leader-slaying/#comment-1493372

He didn't even bother to mention who found the Goblin, got all the credit for himself and done exactly what i have wanted to do myself.

Being excluded by everything and having noone to talk with besides Gofs that i really wasn't feeling about putting more blame on, we just decided to wait until the next day (today)

The Goblin Slaying took place, there were even two JK Banners in the fence. we were kinda resigned to the fact that we had lost our unique and that we could at most hope for a really good drop and claim it for ourselves.

The goblin dropped a Black Tome, we've been lucky two times. I didn't really know what kind of item that was but i knew this was really valuable.

So after the butchering was done, i told her to ask for that, she was told that the black tome isn't an item but 3 items and we could not have it, instead she was offered to follow them in Chaos to get "a charge", she absolutely didn't want to do that, because she doesn't like going in chaos and even less with people that we stopped trusting completely, i've told her as well not to go, because it was probably a trap and to just ask for the tome as we were "garaunteed 1 item"

She was denied that, so i decided i had enough of that and i contacted Nightfall.

He basically explained that we were told that "we could either pick an item or a charge" while nobody talked about charges or anyting like that. I actually had no idea of how a Black Tome works, so afer a while he just said that he couldn't do much as he's just the Leader of JK on chaos and not on freedom, so i asked who was the JK leader on Pve and he told me that it's nobody. (I don't know much about pvp and kingdom mechanics) He helped me understand how the tome works, and even if it sounded as a broken deal anyway, i asked him if they could give us the black tome with 1 remaining charge.
He said he would try to talk with them, but that he couldn't do much. That i should talk with Willieman, i told him that Willieman never really answers anything i write to him, he usually just ignores it or quit. But i tried it anyway:

[20:47:22] <Davih> This whole situation has gone beyond ridiculous, you stole the thing from us, made up your own rules not caring about us at all, to finally not even respect your own rules?
[20:47:57] <Davih> you said she could have first pick and now she can't anymore, after all you've done, after stealing the deed mocking us for that and all
[20:48:21] <Davih> don't you have any sense of honesty and respect?
[20:49:37] <Davih> [20:43:49] <Willieman> Ohhhh ok kwl i'm not stealing anything ok? we just got it down and moved up the time because waiting till sunday is to risky
[20:51:13] <Davih> not stealing anything besides : all the credit, the merit of having found it and all the loot besides a shady offer of 1 charge of an item that she will have to go on chaos WITH YOU to gain
[20:51:13] <System> Willieman is not currently available, please try again later.

And that's it, quitted again.

After 30min, a guy named Necroedarkslayer contacts me writing this, i'm not posting the full log but just some parts as it's huge and boring:

[21:20:08] <Necroedarkslayer> try to be greedy and screwed up in process? lol please make a post i wanna see tears!
[21:23:07] <Necroedarkslayer> Btw I am the leader of pve JK, I heard you wanted to talk?
[21:30:23] <Davih> Oh, yeah, i do
[21:30:33] <Davih> Try to be greedy? really?
[21:30:49] <Necroedarkslayer> You wanted the whole tome LMFAO
[21:30:59] <Davih> That's curious, as Nightfall just said me that a PVE JK leader doesn't exist
[21:32:11] <Necroedarkslayer> I was elected as PVE leader today since we seemed to need one, and woah mate wasnt even there

The conversation went on in a endless nonsense loop of him trying to convince me nothing wrong was done, i'll just copy a few lines to summarize that:

Spoiler

[22:24:39] <Davih> they got that land because i've lead them there.
[22:25:11] <Necroedarkslayer> Well, maybe you should have claimed the land then?
[22:25:19] <Necroedarkslayer> By placing a deed
[22:25:25] <Davih> that is what i was doing.
[22:25:32] <Necroedarkslayer> Aparentely not
[22:25:38] <Necroedarkslayer> Because you didnt
[22:25:42] <Davih> it shouldn't have been a race to who deeds it first
[22:25:59] <Davih> because it was clear from the beginning that i was deeding it, because she had found the goblin
[22:26:14] <Davih> come on, i'm really too tired, understand me.
[22:27:21] <Necroedarkslayer> I understand what your saying, you just dont understand how it actually works.
[22:27:29] <Necroedarkslayer> You didnt deed it therefore you didnt own it
[22:27:36] <Davih> ....
[22:27:36] <Necroedarkslayer> Thats the facts
[22:28:24] <Davih> come on, just make a little effort of trying to see things from my point of view, you can't really be thinking this.
[22:28:55] <Necroedarkslayer> Why can't I? That is how freedom works
[22:29:31] <Davih> i was deeding the place and your reasoning is "you can't complain because it wasn't deeded by you"
[22:29:44] <Davih> how can i even deed something that i have already deeded? lol
[22:29:59] <Necroedarkslayer> You didnt deed it...
[22:30:05] <Davih> omg
[22:30:12] <Davih> you must hate me
[22:30:13] <Necroedarkslayer> You cant lay claim to something you didnt deed
[22:30:27] <Davih> that is a metter of trust
[22:30:41] <Necroedarkslayer> Read the freedom rules
[22:30:44] <Davih> if i say: come to help me deed that place, and you betray me and deed it before i do that
[22:30:49] <Necroedarkslayer> Trust has nothing to do with owning land
[22:31:03] <Davih> how is this not a matter of being trustworthy?
[22:31:04] <Necroedarkslayer> You only own land and what is on it if you deed it
[22:31:11] <Davih> (head explodes)

But i think a few other parts are worth being shared:

Spoiler

[21:38:59] <Davih> Gofs felt all the blame was on him, and he felt so ashamed he wanted to quit your alliance of whatever is that
[21:39:15] <Davih> saying that "they sold his word"
[21:39:16] <Necroedarkslayer> Gofs doesnt even play on chaos
[21:39:33] <Davih> And why would you care, as the new elected JK Pve leader?
[21:39:45] <Davih> how is that even a point?
[21:39:55] <Necroedarkslayer> I want to collect your tears because your salty as . :)

[21:44:51] <Necroedarkslayer> Gofs .ed up my deed on chaos, and never fixed it to bad for him?
[21:45:10] <Davih> what the hell does it have to do with this thing?
[21:45:22] <Necroedarkslayer> Saying I dont care about Gofs
[21:45:32] <Davih> ...
[21:46:28] <Davih> He was the one who told you the location of the Goblin, anyway
[21:46:31] <Davih> because i told him
[21:47:04] <Davih> so, for you, as a leader of PVE Jk, looking as untrustworthy and fishy individuals, doesn't bother you the slighest?
[21:47:25] <Necroedarkslayer> I wasnt the PVE leader when it happened :)
[21:47:27] <Davih> i forgot greedy, sorry
[21:47:42] <Necroedarkslayer> So well its really just a funny thing from the past as far as im concerned
[21:47:42] <Davih> I know, i'm asking for your opinion about this facts, now
[21:47:55] <Davih> you just don't care at all?
[21:48:05] <Necroedarkslayer> You want my opinion? It was funny, and I would have done same thing

[21:52:36] <Necroedarkslayer> You know that JK players on freedom are FREEDOMERS right?\
[21:52:49] <Necroedarkslayer> So if you want to blame a kingdom blame freedom
[21:52:58] <Davih> why would you need a JK Pve leader then?
[21:53:11] <Necroedarkslayer> Haha you thought that was serious?
[21:53:30] <Davih> so i'm just talking with a random guy who is wasting my time?
[21:53:42] <Necroedarkslayer> Im just the lead recruiter, guess the closest thing to pve leader.
[21:53:50] <Necroedarkslayer> As well I am an elder of JK
[21:54:08] <Davih> I guess you do your recruirting on freedom
[21:55:09] <Necroedarkslayer> I dont really do any actual recruiting, people either put in an app to join or they dont :P

----------

Anyway, that's it, at some point he said that i was offered the rare bone but i wanted more and i turned that off , that actually never happened, nobody ever offered her (or me) anything but the fishy trip on chaos with them.

He also said many times that people will not care, nobody will get in trouble and i won't accomplish anything, but i think i'm leaving this here anyway as a warning.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 3

tldr for every1 else

and nobody will care.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Soil said:

deed it or looooose it 

...rly?

8 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

tldr for every1 else

Oh, i don't think so anyway, there are many people here looking for nice stories!

Edited by Davih

All I see is one guy upset he didn't get all 3 charges for himself.  I wasn't there. I don't normally go to hunts.  I'm pretty sure I've never ever seen a slaying where one person got all 3 charges.  Pretty silly thread.

Edit: I was misinformed, and I apologize.  I only read the chat logs given to me and they showed only the greed.  Not the actual omissions to stealing.

Edited by Samusen
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Samusen said:

All I see is one guy upset he didn't get all 3 charges for himself.  I wasn't there. I don't normally go to hunts.  I'm pretty sure I've never ever seen a slaying where one person got all 3 charges.  Pretty silly thread.

I don't think you've read it carefully, or much of it at all

As i already explained that was a call of our noobness about that item, they didn't care to explain it anyway, they just took the opportunity to say "Oh yeah! he's greedy! we now have an excuse to keep everything for ourself!"

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

sorry to hear that! =) this is why i dont got to hunts anymore just to much drama involved sadly...

Ah, PVP people, making the game look bad since 2006 *shrug*

• Like 15

Just now, Samusen said:

01a724f51f.png

Thanks for this screenshot, here you can clearly see a person fully aware of what a Tome is and does at all.

Ain't no drama, just greedy people who think a tomb charge = a full tomb - which was fully explained in local.

But guy claimed

[11:19:47] <Luttuosa> no, chosing an item means an item, not a charge or a piece

Edited by Mclovin

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

Ain't no drama, just greedy people who think a tomb charge = a full tomb - which was fully explained in local.

I see people that stole a unique, try to downplay their own misdeeds with some nonsense about tomes.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mclovin said:

But guy claimed

[11:19:47] <Luttuosa> no, chosing an item means an item, not a charge or a piece

wow just goes to show that op is leaving out crucial information to get his way

• Like 1

Should i explain it once more? she had no clues how the items work, she was just after a valuable item to sell, because she found the goblin, and had entirely no need for a pvp title charge

After the explaination, we did understand how that items works.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soil said:

wow just goes to show that op is leaving out crucial information to get his way

Hm, nope, it was actually all written inside the thread that you didn't read.

Now, i would be grateful if you and Mclovin could stop shiposting without even bothering to read the whole thing.

The point is that they took our noobness about the item for greediness, they couldn't wish for anything better to just keep everything for themselves and disappear without giving us anything.

This make the whole situation even worse, and if you read the whole thing and not just the TLDR maybe you'll understand.

Take it as Preview, maybe, not something you can already use to spit your judgements based on what little you've read there.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 2

As always, figure this stuff out ahead of time. I don't know why someone hasn't created a cut and paste procedure for slayings yet.

8 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

As always, figure this stuff out ahead of time. I don't know why someone hasn't created a cut and paste procedure for slayings yet.

That doesn't help if someone drops a deed over the unique while you try to pen it then just steal everything, does it?

9 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

We did decide what to do ahead of time, actually, it's just that somebody tought of doing something more funny.

This reminds me of when MR grew powerful, then decided to raid freedom hunts/uniques with impunity, iirc it created loads of feelings for them on freedom lands :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

This reminds me of when MR grew powerful, then decided to raid freedom hunts/uniques with impunity, iirc it created loads of feelings for them on freedom lands :)

I don't think JK holds the responsiblity for this anway, i've talked with many of them and i'd say the majority were nice people that understood the situation, besides the ones that actually got the deed/loot and didn't want to let it go.

• Like 1

Just goes to show the poor game mechanics setup for Uniques. They should be unable to be trapped in any way. Make them able to walk through mine doors, fencing, walls, houses, deep water, etc. Make deeds unable to be placed over them. Let them roam the lands doing no damage to anything, as well as not attacking anyone until attacked. They should just be dumb brute wanderers and only attack those who attack them. Then they will lock onto each individual and pursue them to the ends of the servers until they either kill that person or are killed themselves.

This way everyone will have a fair chance of being killed or watching others being killed. No more exclusivity can be applied to them but rather anyone can either join or not at any time. Equal deaths to all! Done!

=Ayes=

• Like 6

sounds like the typical deed it or lose it situation.

soz m8. u just got bested m8. 

I thought this was another whine and cry thread but now that i reread the OP I realize there is a lot more involved, I apologize for my comment. 

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Banzai said:

sounds like the typical deed it or lose it situation.

soz m8. u just got bested m8. 

Honestly, why do you guys keep writing this thing?

This whole situation is about a guy that betrayed our trust and someone else's word to ninja-deed after we gave them the coordinates.

I'm not saying this is against the rules of the game, in fact i didn't open a support ticket but a name and shame, because what they did, to me, was shameful on all the line and this kind of players aren't worth of trust, and that's why i made this thread for, to warn the community about them.

Edited by Davih

31 minutes ago, Davih said:

We did decide what to do ahead of time, actually, it's just that somebody tought of doing something more funny.

The first hunt I went to it was made clear that, should you win a tome, you get 1 of 3 uses. I made sure that I understood how that worked before I went to my next hunt. It's like winning a sports car in a raffle and being upset that you have to pay the taxes (in the US at least). You need to understand how the item works ahead of time.