Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

For the attention of the Devs (Metallurgy Test Results)

5 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

And i get that some like you and Cerberus who are concerned about more competition but the grind of metallurgy is still a pain in the ass and not many will go grind it just becouse coal  will be a bit easier to make.

Well I've dropped out of the business a while back. So it is all yours sir. I had closed my merchant ad several months back and when asked if I will imp anything still tell people no I am not, at best I'm selling what items I currently have in stock. Once those are gone, will not be mass making more. I'd like to attempt to play wurm for fun once more instead of using it as income. If that is possible, will find out. But personally I did find my stocks were always sufficient.

5 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

70 is pretty damn easy but with 70 you get 45ql coal.. if you make it possible to get 70ql coal at 70 skill..i bet more people will get in to it. 

This doesn't seem right, I just made some charcoal piles at 50+ coal making using 60ql logs and 35ql dirt (didn't feel like digging). Average walnut pile came out at 45ql (not including walnut bonus). Will test again once I have space in my cave with 70ql materials.

For those curious the highest ql pile I got was 49.57 and lowest 41.94.

On 9/20/2016 at 11:33 AM, Noizhead said:

The reason why things like this happen is that all rolls lower than -100 and higher than 100 are discarded and rerolled, instead of capping the result.  This is why someone with extremely high skills and item QLs still gets lousy results--for example, a miner with 99 skills and a QL95 supreme max-imbued pick only gets an average shard QL of ~85.  A player with 99 smithing, 99 metallurgy, QL95 coal, and QL99 iron to work with would only wind up with an average output of ~QL83 steel.

While it keeps the game from being flooded with max-QL resources, it sure is frustrating to get such lackluster returns after all that grinding.

its based on Wurmian logic just like all failed rolls on cutting trees would yield perfect results and how you dont get skill from perfect products you get it from failures or at least partial failures..

Ok so,after speaking with some others metallurgy guys i decided to do another small test with Zinc+Copper=Brass as i can get both of them 90+ pretty easy.

I do have to kind of agree with Retro after all,a buff to coal-making will solve the problem.. it just has to be something significant.

These are my tests:

First test 75ql Zinc-94ql Copper 500 lumps of brass.     

I0hHHgs.png

Second Test 94ql Zinc-94ql Copper 500 lumps of brass

fu6W29I.png

Edited by Jonydowy
  • Like 1

please leave steel creation alone.  A few of us enjoy some of the very difficult aspects of this game and steel creations is one of the last remaining difficult processes.  For the people that want easy stuff, they got the rest of wurm now.  Leave a few hard things for those of us who need challenging tasks to get a good sense of accomplishment. 

Edited by hankrearden
word swap

17 minutes ago, hankrearden said:

please leave steel creation alone.  A few of us enjoy some of the very difficult aspects of this game and steel creations is one of the last remaining difficult processes.  For the people that want easy stuff, they got the rest of wurm now.  Leave a few hard things for those of us who need challenging tasks to get a good sense of accomplishment. 

We are not asking for easy mode, What we are asking for is the mechanics to work as intended, Coal-making has been broken for years and even a small increase in % from results of Metallurgy would not change things that much.

7 hours ago, hankrearden said:

I am all about difficult aspects.. don't get me wrong! I wouldnt have grinded the skills and made tons of charcoal if i wasnt!.But When something doesnt work like it should be.. i have the right to ask for a change..others before us tryed now is our turn.

And you decide, what is working as intended or not? Just because you don't like something, it doesn't automatically mean, it is broken.

1 hour ago, rixk said:

And you decide, what is working as intended or not? Just because you don't like something, it doesn't automatically mean, it is broken.

ye.. silly me,alone in the whole wurm i decided i want tons of 90ql charcoal..and i called coal making broken... shame on me.

stop acting like a kid and go do tests

Once you take the time to grind a skill to 90+ you expect to get some 90+ results thats how wurm works!! and not 1 every 100..but a decent amount

I also think your here just for trolls.. so ill just ignore you from now on

Edited by Jonydowy

So it is just your expectations and reality doesn't meet... definitely sounds broken. Soon we see someone, who starts weaponsmithing and its skilling speed doesn't meet his expectations. :D 

5 minutes ago, rixk said:

So it is just your expectations and reality doesn't meet... definitely sounds broken. Soon we see someone, who starts weaponsmithing and its skilling speed doesn't meet his expectations. :D 

thats two different things.. its not about the grind speed its about the result..would it be nice for 90+ ws guys to make 1 weapon to 90ql out of 50 weapons?

it took forever to grind coal making.. took forever to grind metallurgy.. did you hear me complain about that?

i do complain about the results of coal making as it doesnt meet my expectations as a 90skill.. and thats up to the devs to decide what to do.. you being here and just troll me proves nothing do tests your self and post them instead of just talking.you aint getting to me anyway :P

Edited by Jonydowy

What would my coalmaking/metallurgy change here? The fact is, you think it is too hard to get 90ql coal. So you are now demanding it to be made easier for you.

Just now, rixk said:

What would my coalmaking/metallurgy change here? The fact is, you think it is too hard to get 90ql coal. So you are now demanding it to be made easier for you.

Even a blind man could see the Ql of piles does not scale correctly with coal-making skill or materials used and you would know that if you actually spent time making them.

2 minutes ago, rixk said:

you with 0 knowledge about them think i just ''think'' when i have the skills and knowledge and i KNOW they are hard.. well i have nothing more to say..ill leave everyone understant what they want from this

11 minutes ago, Jonydowy said:

you with 0 knowledge about them think i just ''think'' when i have the skills and knowledge and i KNOW they are hard.. well i have nothing more to say..ill leave everyone understant what they want from this

You simply chose wrong "profession" in Wurm. Maybe should've sticked to making spindles.. those come out at high ql, without even have to imp them.

8 minutes ago, rixk said:

You simply chose wrong "profession" in Wurm. Maybe should've sticked to making spindles.. those come out at high ql, without even have to imp them.

They don't actually.. but then again you would know if you'd test something insteand of arguing just for the sake of it

Ah, I should make a topic now, I got to 97 carpentry and the spindles come out at so low ql.. clearly broken. :)

1 minute ago, rixk said:

Ah, I should make a topic now, I got to 97 carpentry and the spindles come out at so low ql.. clearly broken. :)

yee..you could,but then again..again..again..is it enough? you CAN imp spindles and you CAN'T charcoal piles..

Arent you tired of this?:D i kinda am to be honest:)) thats it for today,enjoy.

43 minutes ago, Belfesar said:

Even a blind man could see the Ql of piles does not scale correctly with coal-making skill or materials used and you would know that if you actually spent time making them.

Missed that one.. thats why there is the walnut ql bonus. No other skill has such "feature".. thats why coalmaking is also skill, where the 90skill doesnt mean you will pop out 90ql piles.

4 minutes ago, rixk said:

Missed that one.. thats why there is the walnut ql bonus. No other skill has such "feature".. thats why coalmaking is also skill, where the 90skill doesnt mean you will pop out 90ql piles.

That was just another band aid fix and nothing more which is typical of Wurm, They would rather apply a band aid to a gaping wound than actually do the work and do the surgery to fix it properly.

Edited by Belfesar

7 minutes ago, rixk said:

*Cough* over powered potions *cough*

12 minutes ago, rixk said:

Very bad example. Walnut is clearly OP compared to the other options for coal. If one OP option makes coal making alright then there is clearly a big issue with coal making itself.

1 hour ago, Ecrir said:

Very bad example. Walnut is clearly OP compared to the other options for coal. If one OP option makes coal making alright then there is clearly a big issue with coal making itself.

Not really. You can choose if you want higher ql(walnut), or if you want more resources(oak). If anything, there should be more of these kind of choices. As I have already said, it is not the game, that is broken here, it is the "I want all" mindset, that is at fault here.