Sign in to follow this  
duskwind

It kicks me out and says duplicate authentication

When I am logged in and play for two or maybe five minutes it automatically restarts or logs me out completely. This just started yesterday-never had any issues since I started playing about a year ago.

Re-installed steam and it is working fine now-just in case anyone else experiences this problem. Does Wurm actually have a tech support? Not being sarcastic-just honestly wondering.

Some have this issue, its steam/client not clearing a previous authentication, Most people just now close steam down and then restart it.

Restart your PC should work. If this happens very often only on one server it is a sign that the server you are joining has not enough RAM and / or lags horrible.

Reinstalling Steam is not a very good option...

restarting over and over doesn't work it seems to be a problem for a lot of people in many servers.   After you get the error the error persists with all the servers.

18 hours ago, Ninjai said:

restarting over and over doesn't work it seems to be a problem for a lot of people in many servers.   After you get the error the error persists with all the servers.

The error should not be able to persist between multiple servers. You can try to login to Sklotopolis and check if you get that error. If you do get the error on Sklotopolis too then I can have a look in the logs what's the problem on your end.

Well you know it's a temporary problem last time it happened i was kicked for 24-48 hours from every server I had tried.  Honestly I don't recall all the servers I did try to join however if/when it happens again i'll try to sklotopolis and get back with ya XD.  It's not on my end according to everything you can find on the forums and youtube and reddit about it.  Like I said I reinstalled the game steam and java just to be certain to cover my bases and the error was still happening.  During this time I was asking people in discord chat about it and about 3 or 4 people said they had it and then yesterday someone else said they had the issue as well.  It didn't seem to last as long for them and the game now works for me as well.  This is the second time for me that this has occurred.  So the error is a temporary intermittent type of error as they all can now play as well.  Thank you for responding to this I'd love to find a permanent fix on my end instead of trying to plead to a gm to download a mod. Ty!

I think it is a steam hicup.  Steam gets disconnected for a tiny amount of time and reconnects and detects you in Wurm when you should not be in it without it running so it kicks you.

This is my theory for it.

11 hours ago, Ninjai said:

Well you know it's a temporary problem last time it happened i was kicked for 24-48 hours from every server I had tried.  Honestly I don't recall all the servers I did try to join however if/when it happens again i'll try to sklotopolis and get back with ya XD.  It's not on my end according to everything you can find on the forums and youtube and reddit about it.  Like I said I reinstalled the game steam and java just to be certain to cover my bases and the error was still happening.  During this time I was asking people in discord chat about it and about 3 or 4 people said they had it and then yesterday someone else said they had the issue as well.  It didn't seem to last as long for them and the game now works for me as well.  This is the second time for me that this has occurred.  So the error is a temporary intermittent type of error as they all can now play as well.  Thank you for responding to this I'd love to find a permanent fix on my end instead of trying to plead to a gm to download a mod. Ty!

Duplicate authentication errors is mostly a problem on your end. It happens if you disconnect the internet connection on your router and reconnect again quick. (This usually changes your dynamic IP and leads to authentication problems with steam.)

thanks for replying sklo so now that you seem to have identified the problem what's the fix?

10 hours ago, Ninjai said:

thanks for replying sklo so now that you seem to have identified the problem what's the fix?

It must be an issue with your internet connection, so you need to start investigating why your IP is changing so often and if it is really the IP and not some other weird connection issue.

Start with monitoring how often you IP changes.

Run Wurm and check your current IP: http://myip.is/

Then wait for the first duplicate authentication and track your IP again, check if it has really changed.

Your IP shouldn't change more often than 3 times a day (if the router isn't restarted), if there is a constant connection drop over the day then call your ISP, tell them to fix it.

Edited by Sklo:D

Heh it's gonna be a long wait i've only had 2 of these errors in the 1000+ hours I've played wurm lol

3 hours ago, Ninjai said:

Heh it's gonna be a long wait i've only had 2 of these errors in the 1000+ hours I've played wurm lol

One or two of these errors per day are normal... You don't need to worry about that.

But you should do that if you get that periodically.

not 1 or 2 per day i meant ever!  But maybe it is happening in total per server for each person every now and then.  That's what makes me think it's not clientside is bcz sooo many other people are having this issue.

7 minutes ago, Ninjai said:

not 1 or 2 per day i meant ever!  But maybe it is happening in total per server for each person every now and then.  That's what makes me think it's not clientside is bcz sooo many other people are having this issue.

it is client side

So you are saying that it's clientside bcz the connection from the isp is dropping and changing the ip?  Even as you say I should identify the problem and have the isp stop the dropping and changing of the ip.  The fix is then just calling the isp and having them stabilize the connection?  I mean no other game that i've ever played has this issue.