Sign in to follow this  
griper

armour equip nerf

Was the nerf to equipping armour really necessary?

I think this is the only game were we now have a timer for dragging things to euipment slots.

Just feels wrong.

" Equipping armour during combat will now come with a short timer of a few seconds. After two minutes of being out of combat the equipping will be instant again.

I don't think it's bad...

FWIW most (MMO)RPG don't allow switching gear in combat at all.

• Like 4

Believe it their so not to require Studded Armor and Plate Armor set for PVPing

why complain now? it has been on test server for quite some time before it went live....and like bdew said...you will rarely find a mmo where you can swap equipment mid fight...and  I always where my chain set, even on deed when i am working on something...

Previously there was no reason to ever wear armor until you entered into combat, so the weight penalties were pretty much useless.

I'm not sure whether it is necessary on PvE servers or not though.

Seems to just make the game less fun and there still isn't any risk to most players other than newbies...it just punishes newbies more.

Hi,

On 17.9.2016 at 0:22 PM, griper said:

Was the nerf to equipping armour really necessary?

For sure, it would have killed PvP, again, as usual.
And as usual, again, half of the PvP guys will rejoice, while the other half is raging. Of all 3 of 'em ;-)

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Just wait till a few freedomers die due to not wearing there armor around when doing stuff on there deeds and a raging troll jumps them.

You're mixing something up. It's the Chaos guys on the west coast of Indy that cannot sleep well if they haven't at least 3 guard towers 'round their strongholds.

I'm a peaceful Freedomer, not needing any towers nor ghosts, killing my trolls happily in cloth, since ever ;p

Have fun!

• Like 2

I just fail to see why they give us new clothes and then wont allow us to change when something arrives and hit from behind.

The game is over a decade old, why the sudden need now and why did the need not occur ages ago?

Also: exactly how much longer does it take to switch gear (when less than 2 minutes out of combat)?

Will a mob kill a newbie in that time?

Believe the issue is that someone will switch to studded armor set when at range so he isn't debuffed while bowing

then switch to Plate when the battle becomes a melee

Which harms new accounts which cant afford 2 armor-set or craft them

Silly, it's rolf secret plan to get us all inured to PvP style rules so that one day everyone will live on the PvP server just to benefit from their monopolies!

Most games with pvp that have not had this timer have eventually put a timer in place because of taking advantage of the ability. 

It won't be bad as long as it works properly. 

lol congrats on the vanity clothes, please never use them or we'll punish you

Imo, if a PvP player is willing to lug around several kgs of armour in his inventory just so that he can change in close-range combat he deserves to be able to do it. Being able to change gear to counter your resistance is the most interactive the fighting in this game has ever been, and seeing the development progress it's as good as it'll ever get

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Aeris said:

lol congrats on the vanity clothes, please never use them or we'll punish you

Imo, if a PvP player is willing to lug around several kgs of armour in his inventory just so that he can change in close-range combat he deserves to be able to do it. Being able to change gear to counter your resistance is the most interactive the fighting in this game has ever been, and seeing the development progress it's as good as it'll ever get

And you can still do so.. The only thing now is you have to be out of combat to do so.. Which is much more realistic don't you think? Why would it be right to be able to switch armor on the fly while engaged in combat. Its all about making choices. Nothing is stopping anyone from carrying more armor types to fight certain scenarios, bit the choice will have to be made while out of combat and not during combat. 

there's none of these cool sounding trigger scenarios happening it's just people unequiping to avoid the archery nerf like calm down it's not that sophisticated stop making it sound like some engaging huge scenario

Edited by Cornchips

19 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

And you can still do so.. The only thing now is you have to be out of combat to do so.. Which is much more realistic don't you think? Why would it be right to be able to switch armor on the fly while engaged in combat. Its all about making choices. Nothing is stopping anyone from carrying more armor types to fight certain scenarios, bit the choice will have to be made while out of combat and not during combat. 

Sure, but its just a direct nerf to the populace unfortunate enough to be in plate (notably yourself.)

My only question is how a person who never PvPs has enough experience to weigh in on all of these scenarios? Literally the only purpose of the change was to add more bugs and further buff those with a scale/drake supply. If you're in plate now, you're certainly ######, especially on Chaos where nobody leaves a half tile from a gatehouse so the speed is really important.

This is PvP on Chaos:

Walk to enemy deed, either pick a raid activity or stand in front of a door. Target someone, continue to stand in front of the door until the person you target gets hit really hard, at which point you and anyone else there jumps on the person and tries to inhibit movement as much as possible. If you're lucky, or they are in plate and went more than half a tile, congratulations. You just got a kill.

I'm sorry, but thats the truth of it.

The PvP situations in which this change actually might have an impact on the fight happen maybe once a year, at best. For PVE players, this change servers no purpose but to make the game more tedious and frustrating. Changes like this don't add difficulty or strategy in any scenario.

Edited by MAADposter
  • Like 2

I don't like the change at all nor do I really care if someone wants to bring 2 or 4 sets of armor to match their 4 weapons, their choice to carry and potentially lose

But all I can say is it's god awful annoying in pve, I don't carry two armor sets to hunt, I just hunt naked but when a suprise nogump comes you need armor to counter the ridiculously overpowered stuns but that one second of combat with a troll you passed while backing off to get armor on means you have to run in circles avoiding entering combat while you run out your timers.  doesn't feel like improving any gameplay

• Like 2

I've just encountered this today and found it really annoying.

Was riding around and got ambushed by a troll, had to run for a while to be able to fully equip my armour, by which time the troll had wandered away.

After the brutal beatings I got from the wildlife (with my cloth shirt and QL 5 noob short sword) I've always worn the heaviest armor I can manage at all times, even on deed. It's surprising to learn this isn't universal.

34 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

After the brutal beatings I got from the wildlife (with my cloth shirt and QL 5 noob short sword) I've always worn the heaviest armor I can manage at all times, even on deed. It's surprising to learn this isn't universal.

Some people, especially on Independence, live in areas where there hasn't been a single creature stronger than a wolf seen in years. Many people also leave their priests naked or in cloth for most of the time to avoid shitcasts.

• Like 1