Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #37 knock knock jokes are fun

header.png

North Highway Connection Independence.

Hi Everyone,
A few combat hiccups this week as we've addressed some combat issues, but work has steadily continued on other fronts, the rift areas also look much cleaner now the resources can be collected!

But now...

Unstable client updates
We have released a new version of the unstable client, addressing some smaller issues, but most importantly, we've added better error reporting for it so should be able to pinpoint the disconnection issue more accurately.

Remember to report any bugs you find to our client issues subforum here!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/27-client-bugs/

Knock knock!
This weeks sneak peek of the cooking update covers some new harvested items, Oranges and hops! (thats right! Beer!) Oranges will be a new tree type, with harvesting seasons as per the other trees, but hops comes with some other special news.. You will be able to harvest from a trellis! That's right, the rose, grape and now hops trellises will be able to be harvested during their respective seasons!

Xanadu crash
This week Xanadu did crash and we had some concerns of lost items or skills, but after ensuring the data on our side, we have concluded there was no loss (minus a few misplaced animals) so there's no need for any compensation. That said we are looking at how compensation is handled in the future, and hopefully will have a system that benefits all players affected more easily.

The important news is that we are currently in the process of further optimisation of the Xanadu server, which may lead to increased performance (less lag!) We'll have to monitor how it goes, and will keep you updated when it goes live!

PvP hot-fixes
This week also saw a few hot-fixes with combat issues affecting stuns and such. While there is another bug floating around with strange wounds, they do not impact play and disappear upon relogging as well. We'd like to thank all players for abiding by the PvP bans and hopefully there's no more for a while.

Wurm Unlimited Update

Wurm Unlimited will go a live update next week, current plans are for Tuesday, we will update our IRC topic once we have a set time!

Community content
I must admit I've spent this week mostly watching Milosanx's youtube streams, from his digging and mining on his mountain deed to his attending the rift, check out the full playlist here:

Got a project going on in Wurm? Send me a PM or post on the forums and you could be featured on our community content!

There's a lot in the works for the next few months with Wurm, and we're nearing the point we can begin public testing of the cooking revamp, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
Until then though, enjoy the weekend, and keep on Wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 16

59 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

That's right, the rose, grape and now hops trellises will be able to be harvested during their respective seasons!

will this be applied to previously constructed trellises or only new ones made after the patch?

Thank you for the spotlight, Retro. I've had some sound issues, plus so fps lag at the rift, but things have been ironed out. Thank you all that have been watching, it has been fun.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

You will be able to harvest from a trellis! That's right, the rose, grape and now hops trellises will be able to be harvested during their respective seasons!

Devil's advocate: Does this mean people who want to harvest those things will be best off cramming a billion trellises into a single house tile and never bothering with things like grape bushes again, since trellises are easy to make, you can fit an indefinite number per tile, and bushes take up a lot of room? I can see this leading to some pretty amusing gameplay.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2

Welcome to my underground grape mine.   From trellis to press  to barrel, our wine never sees the light of day!

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Devil's advocate: Does this mean people who want to harvest those things will be best off cramming a billion trellises into a single house tile and never bothering with things like grape bushes again, since trellises are easy to make, you can fit an indefinite number per tile, and bushes take up a lot of room? I can see this leading to some pretty amusing gameplay.

No more unusual than people aging wine in waterskins.

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Yeah. I read that and immediately started thinking about what I'll do with the space where my (soon to be former) grape field is. Probably plant oranges.

They added Orange Trees but not Palm Trees or Cactus which are probably the most desired for deed themes

33 minutes ago, meiyeeer said:

I'm pretty happy about the harvesting from grave trellises thing.

Grave trellises sound amazing

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This weeks sneak peek of the cooking update covers some new harvested items, Oranges and hops! (thats right! Beer!) Oranges will be a new tree type, with harvesting seasons as per the other trees, but hops comes with some other special news.. You will be able to harvest from a trellis! That's right, the rose, grape and now hops trellises will be able to be harvested during their respective seasons!

Nice stuff here, especially a new tree type! Hopefully these orange trees will be a nice decorative tree that can be planted around deeds for another complementary visual effect. As these oranges ripen and fall on the rooftops will they make this knock knock sound? Then you may ask, "Orange who?"

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Oranges...!

Harvesting TRELLISES...!

HOPS on TRELLIS!!!

Everything else at this point is just gravy... Mmmm gravy.

Nice update- thank you.

Question- will the orange wood be able to be used for building objects such as bsb or even boats as lemon wood is?

I cannot wait to see people creating oast houses such as those in Kent- UK

If we could eventually make glass we could create some wonderful containers and perhaps use dyes to further decorate them and put in our bars!.

• Like 1

For winery owners feeling a drop confused... 2 solutions:

Leave your bushes and and a line of trellises along the tile border.... or do that but switching the bushes to oranges.

Nice! Feel like the trellises are going to be less OP than described if they follow the usual rule of "never harvest higher than QL of base object", whilst tiles offer the full 100QL range.

Far as this whole cooking update goes, I know asking for a date is a no-no early on, but is a year estimate viable? Is it a 2017 thing? 2018? Gods forbid, 2016?

how can you ask that!!!   remember how many years we wait for bridges and multistory houses!

On 18/09/2016 at 3:47 AM, Stanlee said:

Far as this whole cooking update goes, I know asking for a date is a no-no early on, but is a year estimate viable? Is it a 2017 thing? 2018? Gods forbid, 2016?

You need look no further than the weekly news from a fortnight ago.

On 02/09/2016 at 7:54 PM, Retrograde said:

As you all know by now, the cooking revamp is well underway, with testing ,tweaking and delicious smells, Tich is working hard, We have a loose release date, and will let you all know once it's set in stone, expect it in time for some delicious Christmas feasts though!

Mmm, beer... Any news on when the map dumps will be released?