• Announcements

• Keenan

Password Reset!   06/28/17

Just as a reminder (thank you Wurmhole) - all passwords have been reset! You will need to use the Forgot Password link to reset your password in order to log in and participate.
Fizziepop

I've made some new skins for the creatures mod...

14 posts in this topic

Pics first!!!!

:D

Spoiler

kcrUpxK.jpg

GWNhpQE.jpg

Spoiler

osMQsaH.jpg

So I've made some new skins for the creature mod, you can use them if you wish, they need to be inside the creaturepack.jar that comes with Ago's version of the mod.

Just open it up with winrar and find the file you would like to replace before you drop it in there, to ensure that it's the right location.

Given that there are only 7 new horse colours, you are limited on how many you would like to keep at once (or will be, by the time I am done making them!). I would LOVE to be able to replace the original colours, such as the gold with my new cream palamino, and the original brown with the regularbay. That would open up more places for varied horses -- but I cannot code, only paint.

The file that you drop into your creaturepack must be named (and will replace the model for) one of the following:

Horse_mangalargamarchador_512.png

Horse_piebald_512.png

Horse_skewbald_512.png

Horse_rockymountain_512.png

Horse_knabstrupperxappaloosa_512.png

Horse_knabstrupper_512.png

Horse_regularbay_512.png

Spoiler

FjeVkpv.png

TdYF23p.png

XymTDXR.png

BCvbdm8.png

XTUZYbL.png

vACO8q0.png

2HPTFXE.png

I'll continue to edit this post with any new additions as I make them.

editted on 18-Sep, to add the skewbald and the knabstrupper.

edit: added appaloosa with white mane instead of black. Also reduced glare.

edit on 21 Sep:: updated marchador and skewbald (fixed connections and eyes)

Edited by Fizziepop
2 people like this

I'd love to, but sadly, that's not a file I can edit, same as the original horse colours like gold, brown or white.

The game seems to use the stock pix for those models, rather than anything I can edit, and idk how to change it or even if that can be changed, coz I can't code. :unsure:

May be u can.

I believe if you add the changed unicorn skins to the creaturepack.jar and add the new location to the mappings.txt in that file, they might show.

There's a mappings.txt?!??

I will be busy for the next few weeks now. Thank you! :D

There should be, i have not looked inside the creaturespack.jar, wil, do tonight.

Though i have seen it inside the one that gets downloaded by the client, the one withe the long hashnumber.jar.

I looked inside the creature pack again. I did find the model for the unicorn, but adding a png (or even replacing the jpg that is in there) doesn't work. Same as the original colours, I can't seem to touch them, even adding the designation into the mappings file... maybe I did it wrong, but I followed the layout of the horses.

Speaking of inside the mappings.txt, there appear to be 3 custom slots at the bottom of the list of new horses -- but replacing 'custom8' with my creampalamino doesn't seem to work. (ie. the creampalamino doesn't show up as a trait in the traits list in-game.)

It must require coding in as well, so idk why there seem to be extra slots there.

Thanks!

Sorry, I can't add new breeds or anything. I just colour what is already available.

Fizzie if you made the skins someone could make the new creatures for the server side of it. If you build it someone might come.

In fact with the new additions I requested Ago add, some nifty new types come to mind, like large horses. Examples being Clydsedale, belgian draft horses, and shires.

1 person likes this