Fizziepop

I've made some horse skins. (No mods required!)

These skins are super simple to use.

There is no mod if you choose to replace one (or more) of the basic colours. You will only need WinRAR or something like it, to be able to open the file.

Find your WurmLauncher/packs folder.

Find the graphics.jar, right click it, and open with WinRAR.

Navigate to creatures/horse and you will see the file names that you will be replacing.

After you have closed wurm and it's launcher out, this is where you drag and drop whichever correctly named dds files you have chosen to use. How to name them depends on a few things, like if you use the creature mod or not, and personal preference! Read on for the naming explanations.

Final step: click okay to the box that pops up when you drop the file in. No need to change anything.

Easy!

Here are some pictures! :D

Spoiler

QsyheTd.jpg

Above: From the left, Rocky Mountain, Dappled Gray, Dun, Creamy Palamino, (Blood Bay) and Knabstrupper.

Below: From the left, Appaloosa, Knabstrupper, Skewbald.

GWNhpQE.jpg

Spoiler

osMQsaH.jpg

Personally, I don't use the creature mod anymore, and I haven't tried it in over a year, so I cannot speak for its functionality anymore.

From when I did use it, here are the instructions:

Spoiler

The file that you drop into your creaturepack must be named (and will replace the model for) one of the following:

Horse_mangalargamarchador_512.png

Horse_piebald_512.png

Horse_skewbald_512.png

Horse_rockymountain_512.png

Horse_knabstrupperxappaloosa_512.png

Horse_knabstrupper_512.png

Horse_regularbay_512.png

Wurm and the launcher need to be closed when you drop it in, just click okay to the little box that pops up, no need to change anything.

And here are the png files. There are two that I don't like - but I will still offer them if someone wishes to use it or edit it themselves. (the skewbald and the appaloosa with the white mane seem unfinished, to me. I don't use them, personally.)

Spoiler

FjeVkpv.png

XymTDXR.png

BCvbdm8.png

XTUZYbL.png

vACO8q0.png

2HPTFXE.png

If you don't use the mod, like me, then you will need to drop in dds files instead of png's, and they will be replacing whichever base colour you choose to name it. (You can still do this as well if you have the mod.)

It must be named one of the following:

Horse_Gray_512.dds

Horse_Brown_512.dds

Horse_Yellow_512.dds

Horse_White_512.dds

Horse_Black_512.dds

I suppose you could also replace the 3 newer colours also, though I have not tried it:

Horse_EbonyBlack_512.dds

Horse_BloodBay_512.dds

Horse_PiebaldPinto_512.dds

The dds files are listed below.

On Jan 3, 2018:

I remade my dappled grey.

Here is the link to the dds file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LM7NLxQNEriCwRCt_lqhsyJ0QLtocmsV

Here is the dun: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cTpfNVoAehE6sQmeVOiVSCeBBe_82G5C

Here is the creamy palamino:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P53JYMgiv-PHYrUA58m_qO28pQ6qRv5o

Here is the knabstrupper: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v09X3d__PccDvZr02ByninUfSGm_JTnH

Here is the appaloosa: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H1gAOi5MPC45CXYog06Ii61PsSuhFrIJ

And though this last one isn't mine, I converted the Rocky Mountain horse (dark brown with white mane and tail) from the creature pack into dds format: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jh9uGIiDZOluCCxK0OR1gDOPYCis9SPP

Spoiler

oz82DyA.jpg

Edit Jan4:

By request, a (purple) rainbow unicorn! Finally! :D

Spoiler

U7WJSbd.jpg

and here is the file to place inside the graphics jar (/creatures/horse). It must be named Unicorn.dds

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zui7_oYaGDGU7Sg7DXEHxrEUIQOOB0gk

Edited by Fizziepop

I'd love to, but sadly, that's not a file I can edit, same as the original horse colours like gold, brown or white.

The game seems to use the stock pix for those models, rather than anything I can edit, and idk how to change it or even if that can be changed, coz I can't code. :unsure:

May be u can.

I believe if you add the changed unicorn skins to the creaturepack.jar and add the new location to the mappings.txt in that file, they might show.

There should be, i have not looked inside the creaturespack.jar, wil, do tonight.

Though i have seen it inside the one that gets downloaded by the client, the one withe the long hashnumber.jar.

I looked inside the creature pack again. I did find the model for the unicorn, but adding a png (or even replacing the jpg that is in there) doesn't work. Same as the original colours, I can't seem to touch them, even adding the designation into the mappings file... maybe I did it wrong, but I followed the layout of the horses.

Speaking of inside the mappings.txt, there appear to be 3 custom slots at the bottom of the list of new horses -- but replacing 'custom8' with my creampalamino doesn't seem to work. (ie. the creampalamino doesn't show up as a trait in the traits list in-game.)

It must require coding in as well, so idk why there seem to be extra slots there.

Fizzie if you made the skins someone could make the new creatures for the server side of it. If you build it someone might come.

In fact with the new additions I requested Ago add, some nifty new types come to mind, like large horses. Examples being Clydsedale, belgian draft horses, and shires.

it replaces the texture or can you make it where it just adds in the colors then u have more horse colors to work with?

On 9/15/2016 at 8:46 AM, Fizziepop said:

Given that there are only 7 new horse colours, you are limited on how many you would like to keep at once (or will be, by the time I am done making them!). I would LOVE to be able to replace the original colours, such as the gold with my new cream palamino, and the original brown with the regularbay. That would open up more places for varied horses -- but I cannot code, only paint.

Complete overhaul of the original post to include clearer instructions and updated infos! :)

Could we get a mod that lets us add the purple rainbow unicorn and keep the option to have normal white unicorns?

the dl link for the skewbald is missing

also, if youre open to suggestions/requests for more reskins; could you make a fjord, strawberry roan, chestnut, and flaxen chestnut (chestnuts have same brown as the skewbald and w/out the black points of the vanilla brown, flaxen hair color from the "rocky mountain" for flaxen variant)