Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

I've made some horse skins. (and other stuff!) (No mods required)

You're welcome! I have updated my white and purple hellie today and will consider the other ones later, maybe if someone asks..

Took me all day to get this one right and I have deed work to do! lol

Edited by Fizziepop
  • Like 1

I reworked the Rocky Mountain. I like this version better, so putting it out there.

• Like 1

Very nice additions! Thank you for sharing them. 

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

Unicorns are white again! But with rainbow features... so the varieties show through much better.

• Like 1

Someone should make some new dogs variations that maybe the developers would like to adopt into the game like they did the horse colors.

• Like 1

awe i just stumbled upon these photos.  This makes me miss you fizzie..i recall you , much like fairyshine had super colorful deed, lights, and personality.  You're name alone is awesome and spirited.  Love seeing these skins, the dapple grey is one i really wanted ingame.  makes me miss you around if you are around i've not seen you about.  Keep up the good work!!  The rainbow unicorn is particularly over the top in an awesome way...that should be someone's pmk emblem with all kinds of glitter and shine and sparkle and glint coming off the fabric as you ride along like glitterdust.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Someone should make some new dogs variations that maybe the developers would like to adopt into the game like they did the horse colors.

i'd like an irish wolfhound, seems fitting for this game

• Like 1

Thanks! I am not around in WO anymore. After ~14 years of WO, I made the move to WU (I was playing before Wurm "went Gold"), I play on the Sklotopolis server now. It's nice there, I feel like I'm retired  and can slow down and relax, enjoy the scenery without stressing over...... the little stuff. :)

• Like 2

Does the game really recognize these without additional code? I LOVE these absolutely!!!! 

• Like 1

I think I still don't understand how this works.  If I chose the panda skin, for example, does it mean we no longer have brown bears because it replaces them?  Same with horses -- but it seems like there's way too many new horse skins here to replace the default ones.  Thanks for any clarification!

Updates!

@Batta That's right, this doesn't add new creatures to the game, it just allows you to see them differently. All my brown bears look like pandas.

And - you're right - there are too many horse skins to replace the default ones - that's the beauty of it. You may not like all of the variations that I offer, but if there are some you do, maybe you have an original colour you just don't want to see anymore. You can choose which colours you want to see in your wurmian life.

You can replace any of the .dds files in that horse folder in the graphics jar with any colour you have gotten the .dds file for.

Yes, all of those horsey ones I listed in my first post, but also the newer colours if you prefer, like:

Horse_BlackSilver_512.dds

Horse_BlanketAppaloosa_512.dds

Horse_Chestnut_512.dds

Horse_GoldBuckskin_512.dds

Horse_SkewbaldPinto_512.dds

Pick and choose your favourites! Makes it more fun. 😍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fizziepop said:

Pick and choose your favourites! Makes it more fun. 😍

Got it.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

@Zaidonia Hello! I use my paint program, (Either 'gimp' or 'corel paint shop pro', sometimes both) some cut and pasting, a lot more painting and blending of each pixel, and then a *lot* of logging into the game and out again to test it, make sure the colour and pattern looks right in the game, and make the connections work.

That photo is gorgeous! But would also be difficult to make all of the connections work (more logging in and out again), but if you are so inspired, go for it!

Let me know how it goes!