Sign in to follow this  
Dremloc

Alcohol Addiction and Drunkedness

What are the effects of these two conditions, and how are they obtained? I have only seen them referenced once, in the praying article on Wurmpedia.

Drunkenness:

• Taking a sip of alcohol increases your current drunkenness and restores a small amount of stamina.

• Size of the sip does not matter: Drinking 0.20kg out of your waterskin does the same thing as 0.008kg out of a reed pen. Conserve your wine!

• QL of the wine does not matter.

• Over time, your current drunkenness goes down.

• If you're drunk enough, you get a progressively higher chance of spilling the entire container you're drinking out of, so be careful!

• Being really drunk reduces damage from combat by 50%, but makes you rather ineffective in combat.

• Being slightly drunk ("tipsy"?) can make you slightly more effective in combat for some reason.

• If you reach maximum drunkenness, you get the "Drunkard" title.

Alcoholism:

• Being drunk enough increases your alcohol dependency.
  • If your alcohol dependency gets high enough, you get the "Alcoholic" title.
  • If your alcohol dependency is high enough, being 100% sober can randomly cause you to get withdrawal symptoms that can make you fail some kinds of actions very severely. For example, doing 40 damage to something when trying to improve it.
  • Being 100% sober gradually reduces your alcohol dependency.
Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Drunkenness:

• Taking a sip of alcohol increases your current drunkenness and restores a small amount of stamina.

• Size of the sip does not matter: Drinking 0.20kg out of your waterskin does the same thing as 0.008kg out of a reed pen. Conserve your wine!

• QL of the wine does not matter.

• Over time, your current drunkenness goes down.

• If you're drunk enough, you get a progressively higher chance of spilling the entire container you're drinking out of, so be careful!

• Being really drunk reduces damage from combat by 50%, but makes you rather ineffective in combat.

• Being slightly drunk ("tipsy"?) can make you slightly more effective in combat for some reason.

• If you reach maximum drunkenness, you get the "Drunkard" title.

Alcoholism:

• Being drunk enough increases your alcohol dependency.
  • If your alcohol dependency gets high enough, you get the "Alcoholic" title.
  • If your alcohol dependency is high enough, being 100% sober can randomly cause you to get withdrawal symptoms that can make you fail some kinds of actions very severely. For example, doing 40 damage to something when trying to improve it.
  • Being 100% sober gradually reduces your alcohol dependency.

Thanks!

We all know that Frilas, and alcohol addiction in reallife is terrible.

Now this is a game and ig functions thou.

We have alcohol in this game.

For out of game subjects, please post in subforum "Wood Scraps"

Edited by Cecci

15 minutes ago, Cecci said:

We all know that Frilas, and alcohol addiction in reallife is terrible.

I'm pretty sure you're talking with a spam bot. (1 post, not wurm-related, link to external for-profit site)

But since i've bumped into this topic, here's an overview of drukeness and additction mechanics from WU code i wrote up for someone that asked some time ago. Spoilers alert!

Spoiler

Not really familiar with the topic but that's what i managed to gather from the code...

There are 2 parameters that are related to this, alcohol and addiction.

Alcohol is increased by X every time you drink an alcoholic beverage and goes up to 100

Addiction is increased by 10 every time you drink while Alcohol is above 20.

X depends on the drink you drink, stuff like mead will give 1.2 points, moonshine i think is the strongest and will give 8 points. Amount of drink and QL doesn't seem to affect that.

You need to reach 100 alcohol level to get "Drunkard" title and 10000 addiction to get "Alcoholic" title.

You can judge your current alcohol level by the messages you get when you drink:

10 - You are tipsy

20 - You are getting drunk

30 - You are drunk

60 - You are really really drunk

90 - You can barely walk

95 - You are setting some kind of record

100 - You made it to the top! You are perfectly drunk! (and drunkard achievment title)

I don't think there is any indication how much addiction you have anywhere.

Alcohol is decreased every 20 seconds by 1 point, Addictions every second by 1 point. I think this only happens when online.

Every 100 points of addiction you loose, while above 1000 total addiction level, you will get a message "You tremble and shake from withdrawal" and fail your current action badly and get the achievement "Alcoholist" (not title). The achievement and message might only happen if you have some ongoing action at the time it ticks, not sure.

Also there is some chance to have both your alcohol level and addiction completely removed when praying. If that happens you will get a message "You sober up and your addiction is removed."

• Like 3

Just something fun added to Wurm for the aspiring alcoholics out there, without the RL threatening repercussions. Also good for the underage wantabees too!

=Ayes=

On 9/15/2016 at 11:25 AM, Ostentatio said:

Liquid courage I believe it's called. ;)

On 5/24/2017 at 2:39 AM, bdew said:

I'm pretty sure you're talking with a spam bot. (1 post, not wurm-related, link to external for-profit site)

As in there's a bot trawling the internet looking for forum discussions with keyword Alcoholism, then creates account and posts that blurb?  I can't tell if you're kidding and I'm gullible, or if you're serious and that's actually a thing.  Granted, the two are not mutually exclusive.

6 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

As in there's a bot trawling the internet looking for forum discussions with keyword Alcoholism, then creates account and posts that blurb?  I can't tell if you're kidding and I'm gullible, or if you're serious and that's actually a thing.  Granted, the two are not mutually exclusive.

I'm dead serious. The bots looks for google results on "alcoholism" or whatever term it's set to promote, finds blogs, forums, wikis, etc. and posts links to the page it's promoting. From search engines point if they find 10000 pages talking about alcoholism all pointing to that website - they think it must be a relevant site to the topic and should show up high in search results. It's a pretty common tactic of "black" SEO.

Technically the link here is doing nothing for them since it's marked with "nofollow" attribute and will be ignored by search engines, but many forums/blogs/wikis/etc. don't do that so if it spams thousands of posts some will have effects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

That's just the tip of the iceberg :)

hmm.... Alcoholic title not possible to unlock after some patch? Now driniking alcohol works different way?