Sign in to follow this  
roobee

Chaos Kingdom Guards

From my experience, in Chaos walking into other kingdoms gets you killed by guards. This is very frustrating for newbies that want to find people to help them change kingdoms if their original kingdom has very few players. Currently, one needs to send an application on a kingdom forum to join. However, many newbies don't even go on the Wurm online forums so they won't ever know how to change unless they get lucky and meet someone in neutral territory to talk with. Kingdoms should be able to control whether their guards will kill intruders. Also, perhaps intruders should be able to do a surrender signal for the guards to take the intruders to jail to await judgement.

• Like 1

I would love a new type of system that was a bit more inviting.  I love the idea of real new players.

Fyi I have been brain storming how we can accomplish something like that for our kingdom. It will just be a bit more time before we could even start any work for that idea. I have figured things out a few times in how to make it work but I feel this next one will become a new meta once its done.

Player craftable letter of writ?

Though such a thing could be abusable. Course limits are possible.

I've got some ideas ill be pitching soon. It would be really nice to see a bit more of an open door from all kingdoms towards new players. There's a few things up my sleeves to help that become a reality. 

steps to a "open" a kingdom for newbs:

Step 1) Set a random deed as a capital.

Step 2) make sure gates to get out allow kingdom members

Step 3) Open up recruitment directly from the portal.

Step 4) Enjoy the random spyalts.

Edited by Zekezor

43 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

steps to a "open" a kingdom for newbs:

Step 1) Set a random deed as a capital.

Step 2) make sure gates to get out allow kingdom members

Step 3) Open up recruitment directly from the portal.

Step 4) Enjoy the random spyalts.

In an ideal world some of the things you mention would work. In Wurm world none of them will work.  But again there is always a way if there is a will. 

Perhaps its something we could all look forward to if I can figure out how to iron out all the flaws of an idea that I have.

or just have common sense and go through the quick application process instead of walking up with a white flag because you'll just get killed no matter what because no one knows who you are that's how the game works

4 hours ago, Cornchips said:

or just have common sense and go through the quick application process instead of walking up with a white flag because you'll just get killed no matter what because no one knows who you are that's how the game works

The quick process involving grinding on a PvE server to 70 fight skill? Let's face it, MR and JK don't welcome new players.

46 minutes ago, Dremloc said:

The quick process involving grinding on a PvE server to 70 fight skill? Let's face it, MR and JK don't welcome new players.

Grinding FS is easy, a week thing at most with minimal time involvement, especially on Pristine or certain regions of Xanadu.

JK and MR are both welcoming to new players, just make an application and have a friend or two somewhere that plays the game anywhere whether its on a PvP server, from a different kingdom, or on a PVE server and you'll likely get in. Nobody is worried about spies except like Ebonaura, they are worried about thieves, so if people can vouch that you aren't a thief trying to join a tight-knit environment, then you will likely be welcomed with open arms.

I know my group in particular in JK, Propheteer, Egard, and Orlaz have done an excellent job of incorporating newer players since Epic. Some of those players are now part of a very strong core group and have learned a lot.

Edited by MAADposter
  • Like 1