Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 13/SEPT/16

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Being walled into a mine without the ability to bash your way out is not intended play, this issue has been used by both sides in the past and has now been addressed.

It won't be possible to block defenders in a mine indefinitely, and we have a fix for those occasions where one gets stuck inside a wall on the border.

If you haven't already please consider looking into what happens if you, as an enemy, exit a mine through a door right into a locked gate. In the past that would result in you being stuck between the gate and the door (which makes sense). If you then quickly relog your client you are magically placed on the outside of the mine gate instead of on top of the now shut mine door allowing you to escape a trap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Nice video mcd, but if you wanted pvp why did you wall in the mine?

Can't pvp when trapped in a walled in mine. (and you certainly can't expect someone to stand on the wrong side of a incompleted wall when there is 20 some enemy in local)

DropDrakeWearPlateShakeRivers tryin to create names lol

We walled in the mine door and mined in from behind, the 5 minute LO timer [which should be 1 hour cause enemy on deed, can devs look into this] allowed you to escape. Can't pvp if the enemy doesn't come out the mine door, so may aswell keep you in the place we can get into. Lol.

Also, pvp as a kingdom, ask for backup.

The update should only work for completed walls, not incomplete.

Edited by Mclovin

4 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

The update will only work for completed walls, not incomplete.

and how would you know that unless your being given information from player devs?  The corruption that you don't even bother hiding is why this game is dying.

2 hours ago, Dalvin said:

and how would you know that unless your being given information from player devs?  The corruption that you don't even bother hiding is why this game is dying.

I've understood the confusion, i meant "The update should only work for completed walls, not incomplete" so nobody is killing anything, get off, if you read my last 2 replies you wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion, but my bad I guess?

Edited by Mclovin

ah HA! Found the problem with the Bluetooth speakers covertly implanted in Rolf's headboard above the bed.

11 hours ago, MAADposter said:

You wall them in completely how?

You wall in all 4 corners of the mine, they bash it from inside the mine, you wall in a 3x3 around the mine, they walk out and bash it.

So you want to wall in players without them being able to bash it at all? Awesome idea...

Somehow i have a feeling that half the PVP crowd in wurm wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real PVP game with sane mechanics.

3 hours ago, bdew said:

So you want to wall in players without them being able to bash it at all? Awesome idea...

Somehow i have a feeling that half the PVP crowd in wurm wouldn't last 5 minutes in a real PVP game with sane mechanics.

in other games opening a door normally lets the enemy also enter.... (and in most cases also re-open the door from the inside and exit after its closed or alternative exits)

So I hate to break it to ya, but Wurm is the game that is kinda weird.

Sign in to follow this