Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 13/SEPT/16

• The total amount of hide from dragon hatchling kills prior to being distributed has been doubled.
  • Marble planters can now be planted.
  • Bugfix: You can now successfully repair an unfinished torch without a 54 minute timer.
  • Bugfix: Fix for stun not applying/clearing properly and the imbalanced message.
  • Bugfix: Fix for bashing a fence outside a mine from inside.
  • Bugfix: Corrected stun resistance icon and message, replacing “You are resistant to something undefined.”
  • Bugfix: Fixed the issue where gathering rift resources ignored the inventory limit.
  • Bugfix: Fixed possible exploits with draining the token from upper levels of a house.

• Like 4

You mean "something undefined" is not a valid dmg type?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  •  

Can someone clarify what this means please I am currently not in game to test it and just want to make sure it is what I think it is.

they reversed the change which stopped you bashing fences from inside a mine - now you can because of MR whining we suspect. Personally I think you should only be able to bash something outside a mine while you are inside it IF the mine door has been removed or bashed but  w/e

• Like 3

hello

can Retro or someone tell us why this change

was reverted?

thx

Being walled into a mine without the ability to bash your way out is not intended play, this issue has been used by both sides in the past and has now been addressed.

It won't be possible to block defenders in a mine indefinitely, and we have a fix for those occasions where one gets stuck inside a wall on the border.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Fix for bashing a fence outside a mine from inside.

Awesome Possum

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Being walled into a mine without the ability to bash your way out is not intended play, this issue has been used by both sides in the past and has now been addressed.

It won't be possible to block defenders in a mine indefinitely, and we have a fix for those occasions where one gets stuck inside a wall on the border.

Could the bonus bash damage from deeds be looked at then when there are walls surrounding a minedoor? There's little point walling in a mine on a deed with the current way it works since defenders can poof if easily within 30-60 sec

It would still allow defenders to bash out but it won't be instant like it is now

thx

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhianna said:

they reversed the change which stopped you bashing fences from inside a mine - now you can because of MR whining we suspect. Personally I think you should only be able to bash something outside a mine while you are inside it IF the mine door has been removed or bashed but  w/e

Best I can tell Ebanora players have the devs ear atm.

Guess we'll all just have to adapt to the change. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Worksock said:

Could the bonus bash damage from deeds be looked at then when there are walls surrounding a minedoor? There's little point walling in a mine on a deed with the current way it works since defenders can poof if easily within 30-60 sec

It would still allow defenders to bash out but it won't be instant like it is now

thx

why not just disable deed bashing bonus while the deed is under siege? the same thing happens to the instant push/pull 

edit: will check later tonight to see if this is already in

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

How does walling off deed exits create pvp when the defenders can't get out of the deed to fight?

You whine either way, suck it up.

10 minutes ago, Worksock said:

Oh I know, disable repairing of walls too, wouldn't want to make it too hard for raiders.

45 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

why not just disable deed bashing bonus while the deed is under siege? the same thing happens to the instant push/pull 

This works no? for PVP servers you only get the bash bonus if the spirit templars are alive or something? *shrug*

Being that this is a PVP game and many always claim to want pvp. How is a defending group supposed to defend and attempt pvp when things like being bugged into a wall happen when you try to walk and do simply that "defend". 

Retrograde nailed it right in the head.. Both abilities have been used by all sides and now it has been addressed. I'm sure more tweaks will come about as Budda and team have been working hard from what I can tell to keep track of all the changes and affects causes and balances are being made on the fly.

I might give the team a hard time about becoming more professional with things like planned releases and lack of using it for great advertisement but I can at least say they are doing as much as possible to see every angle that can affect pvp and even I've with some of these changes... Ex.. Everyone used to say why can't we have some split codes for chaos and pve... Well the new DR curve was a brilliant idea to have split... Goog job whoever that was!

See you all on the battlefield offensively or defensively.

Fyi you can still wall in a deed.. Just not with a single wall anymore.

Edited by MaurizioAM

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

So have you implemented the fix for being able to lock gates while a person is standing on the tile border. This will get them stuck. Being able to trap people in mines should be something you can, it's a trap. Those people have the ability to leave, they can ask for reinforcements, they can attempt to login and recall home, they can bash from the outside with other toons or have a friend come, attempt at mining out towards other ways, use a farwalker stone. What is the intended play then? Because from your post it seems like you have a way in mind we are suppose to play, why do you have to dictate was is intended play and what isn't as long as within game mechanics it's fair play. Right now you are giving every advantage to the defenders. The problem here is the Dev's don't play the pvp part of the game nor do you. So you don't know both sides or how it things happen, you listen to one side only and make these dumb changes. 

Current situation on chaos : Kingdoms (both JK and MR, ebo controls less land then a template kingdom so can't count them) use deed designs centered completely around mines, because they are basically 99% (that one percent is if you go full retard, that's only way to die defending) safe. Within the inside of war deeds there are no ramps that lead to the dirt walls because there is no need to risk yourself up there defending and repairing when you can mine hop in a full reinforced mine with a stone / steel mine door that takes ages to bash because it's on deed even with 20 people. So what defenders do is they don't even worry about repairing or rushing catapulters or anything other then mine hopping hope for someone to get bashed / bad move / stunned and hope for a kill. Disintegrating is retardly hard and has super low success chance not only to mention that you have to get the drain and even then you only have 2 hours to disintegrate. Bashing as mentioned takes ages on any 7000 strength mine door that's on deed. The biggest one to me, defenders can simply log out in a mine on deed with a 300 sec log out timer even when enemies are in local. Deed bash bonus can like 2 shot a wall, and if they can do it from inside that's just unbalanced. Now can you understand why walling off mine doors is a important feature and why allowing them to bash from inside is unbalanced. 

I imagine this change was made because a large amount of players from one kingdom complained, probably emailed Rolf, and annoyed the hell out of staff or the Dev in that's in their inner circle. Because literally this change benefits one select group of players from all the pvp servers only. The problem is not only the mechanics but also the attitude and mentality of players they are so use to one way that's risk free that when bashing from inside mines got changed they couldn't adapt or find another 100% safe method. I would highly consider retrograde that you speak with multiple groups of players on all pvp servers and understand how things work before these decisions are made and changed. With a unbiased approach you will notice what's really happening. 

1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

Fyi you can still wall in a deed.. Just not with a single wall anymore.

When the defenders can two shot any wall you make from inside a mine with complete safety and with no way of being interrupted or stopped then no you can't wall off a deed really. 

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It's also a pretty common issue on PVE servers, when players fall into mines that have a gate or fence on the entrance but not around the hole and can't get out...

• Like 1

Not being able to bash out of a mine is hell stupid, the freedom aspect of it is even more annoying. I've fell into walled off mines due to lag before and saved myself a GM call by bashing myself out.

I feel bashing walls from inside the mine is fine, I think if an attacker wants to prevent a defender from getting out, they should ATLEAST be building a 3x3 fence ring.

I think to balance this, actions started OUTSIDE a mine can not be continued if they STEP INTO a mine, to stop the exploit of flattening ramps and running back to a mine with the timer still running, or building walls 3 tiles outside of a mine and running back in with the timer still on, etc.

It means if a defender wants to get out, they have to be out in the open willing to commit to bashing.

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 2

bashing from inside mines is fine.

The problem is the deed bash bonus used while being attacked in combination with ridicilously defensive minedoors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MetalDragon said:

I think to balance this, actions started OUTSIDE a mine can not be continued if they STEP INTO a mine, to stop the exploit of flattening ramps and running back to a mine with the timer still running, or building walls 3 tiles outside of a mine and running back in with the timer still on, etc.

That is what was fixed originally some time ago, which as a side effect removed the ability to bash walls from inside the mine.

Deed bash bonus is fine.  You still only do like 5-10 dmg a hit unless a 10ql wall was made?  While you can wall someone in before the 40 second timer can remove it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Egard said:

When the defenders can two shot any wall you make from inside a mine with complete safety and with no way of being interrupted or stopped then no you can't wall off a deed really. 

They cannot 2 shot every wall from inside a mine. If you want to build a wall you can still do so its just going to take more then 1 tile to do so now.

Many people claim to want pvp and regardless if defenders turtle in and out of the mine they still come out for split seconds at the very least to try and defend... The claim to want pvp and people to defend and then complain when you can't fully wall them in so you can have free game at catapulting? Make up you mind please. 

Just because you want to beat around the bush and not simply say you only want PVB so that you can grief and push players/group a to quit doesn't mean its not true. 

Mine doors and how they work on deed is an intended feature and lord knows JK hasn't said a Dammn thing about it when MR was making large strides but now all of a sudden if you could have it as easy as being able to teleport inside an enemy deed you would probably +1 that too.

This is a game that has abilities and disabilities. Some logical decisions were made with his things like mines work and locked doors and so on and I assume more tweaks in the future will continue to happen to everything in game. But being bugged in a wall builder on a mine entrance with the purpose to get people stuck and or blocking them inside so the defender has nothing to defend themselves over while they sit there and catapult a deed down.  Well now you will have to still dedicate some men to defending against defense attacks instead of relying on 1 wall placed giving no ability for the defender to bash.

You keep telling MR if they want to defend to run out as a group and defend a deed... What's the difference if you want to wall in a deed you should have to use more then 1 or 3 walls to do so? Build.. Build as many walls as you want around the deed if you truly want to wall someone in don't sit and complain about losing the exploited ability to place a single wall blocking any defenders chances to get outside. 

Now with that said.. I do agree with metaldragon with the fact being able to bash a wall in a tile boarder 5 tiles away and backing up into safety is ridiculous and I hope this fix does not allow that. But the wall directly blocking a mine door entrance and the tile boarders directly adjacent to that is perfectly understandable to be able to bash off.. Allowing the defender to at least keep 1-3 tiles open to them to allow attempting to defend. 

Ofcourse none of this would even be an argument if people used deed designs that were based around more than 4 exits. Kek.

Lower the bash bonus while the spirit templar respawn timer is in effect 

10 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

They cannot 2 shot every wall from inside a mine. If you want to build a wall you can still do so its just going to take more then 1 tile to do so now.

Many people claim to want pvp and regardless if defenders turtle in and out of the mine they still come out for split seconds at the very least to try and defend... The claim to want pvp and people to defend and then complain when you can't fully wall them in so you can have free game at catapulting? Make up you mind please. 

Just because you want to beat around the bush and not simply say you only want PVB so that you can grief and push players/group a to quit doesn't mean its not true. 

Mine doors and how they work on deed is an intended feature and lord knows JK hasn't said a Dammn thing about it when MR was making large strides but now all of a sudden if you could have it as easy as being able to teleport inside an enemy deed you would probably +1 that too.

This is a game that has abilities and disabilities. Some logical decisions were made with his things like mines work and locked doors and so on and I assume more tweaks in the future will continue to happen to everything in game. But being bugged in a wall builder on a mine entrance with the purpose to get people stuck and or blocking them inside so the defender has nothing to defend themselves over while they sit there and catapult a deed down.  Well now you will have to still dedicate some men to defending against defense attacks instead of relying on 1 wall placed giving no ability for the defender to bash.

You keep telling MR if they want to defend to run out as a group and defend a deed... What's the difference if you want to wall in a deed you should have to use more then 1 or 3 walls to do so? Build.. Build as many walls as you want around the deed if you truly want to wall someone in don't sit and complain about losing the exploited ability to place a single wall blocking any defenders chances to get outside. 

Now with that said.. I do agree with metaldragon with the fact being able to bash a wall in a tile boarder 5 tiles away and backing up into safety is ridiculous and I hope this fix does not allow that. But the wall directly blocking a mine door entrance and the tile boarders directly adjacent to that is perfectly understandable to be able to bash off.. Allowing the defender to at least keep 1-3 tiles open to them to allow attempting to defend. 

I personally don't care for the change as long as it is made in such a way that you cannot start the bash and then fall into the mine and have it continued. (we need to test if you can as haven't since the patch, but if you can you will not be able to wall in any mine.)

But, basically, none of the epic players think gatehops are PvP because its really not, One side has no risk, the other has all the risk. If you can't defend a deed, your deed is either terribly built or you are new to a PvP server. If they want the wall gone, just get like 5 people to queue up a bash action at the same time, the same 5 people who are in the mine anyway because they were gatehopping you and the fence goes down in 30 seconds.

Either way, if you consider this PvP i'll back off and just go back to muttering how dumb it is to myself

Here is what happens at a gatehop:

5 people on the inside, 5 people on the outside

Everyone targets the same person, if there is a weak person on one side, the other will stack true strikes. If he comes out and gets hit by multiple people, he dies. If there are no weak people, the only situation in which anyone would die would be through the old mechanic of sludge chaining which isn't possible anymore, or bugging someone out. Basically nobody dies if they all have an average level of experience unless someone isn't SOTG. The problem with this, is, you can't really fix it. Any slow or stun mechanic implemented can also work against the attackers and the attackers are already taking all the risk. It just makes it more riskier and more effort for no reward.

If you die in a gatehop and aren't bugged or stunned, you're a rolandt tier pvper.

Lets also not pretend that anyone bashes a minedoor when you're raiding, it is literally easier to disintegrate a cave wall than to bash down an 80ql stone minedoor.

Like i said though, i'm okay with it as long as actions cant be continued if you start outside the mine and fall in.

Edited by MAADposter

1 minute ago, Postinglels said:

Ofcourse none of this would even be an argument if ON-DEED MINEDOORS WEREN'T NEARLY-INDESTRUCTIBLE FALLBACK SAFETY ZONES

fixed :P

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • The total amount of hide from dragon hatchling kills prior to being distributed has been doubled.

Also, sorry for posting again but

This still isn't enough, its not even a quarter of what the scale drops after being doubled. .64 > 1.2 is less than 5-8 kgs?

Edited by MAADposter

Sign in to follow this