2. 2. Kings/Titles

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Number of kingdoms

Lots of players.

Longevity.

Active PvP.

Those are the real important factors.

To get lots of players and Active PvP requires a place where people want to play, Hence the polls to see what people would like

Where are you hosting the server? Also whats your faith, meditation and skill gains?

Still being decided, will be some more polls about that, Its a Linux dedicated server, NA

i dont really care for titles, but rather yes than no i guess...

1v1 kingdom would be very interesting imo and i would also love 2x2k mapsize, since i think thats the biggest you really should go for

4x4k is just dumb and would need a really high amount of players to not be stale

looking forward to a good pvp server

• Like 1

Take away Artifacts, and make religon the same as freedom (no need for WL/BL, just priest each other)... It'd be much more fun.  I'm fairly sure I'm alone in this though lol.

We wanted to bring back the old alliance war system where you have to declare war on an alliance/deed in order to be able to kill them. But that would require some coding and stuff so we are just thinking of making it either 2 kingdoms where everyone has all the spells or if we find someone that is willing to help bring back the old war system and have only 1 kingdom. 

• Like 1

smaller map, 1k.

No kingdom titles. No Champions. 3 Kingdoms, no BL, No Light of Fo.

• Like 2

Will be some more polls for other choices too, skill gain and priests/ meditation.

Skills can be fast, like 100x 10x or slower, fast fun pvp or something a bit slower

Meditation is undecided, Looking for suggestions

Considering all spells for all priests

Ada/Glim from veins, Scale/Drake from hota

No treasure chests, they get pretty abused when people have cheaty mods

Perhaps some kind of system which will give the winner of hota the most rewards, but still give losers some

1024 map with things to make it even smaller - smaller encourages higher density = higher combat occurrence 

• Like 1

Too small and you get cramped up little places or spots like needing to move the altars out of the way for deeds, The area from hots to hota to jk was so cramped up with deeds while other area's were completly empty.

If it's a little bigger, Especially around center hota, Hopefully it helps. Most people going to cram into small spaces anyway i guess, Except for some carebears who build too far away to pvp

9 minutes ago, Hakameda said:

Too small and you get cramped up little places or spots like needing to move the altars out of the way for deeds, The area from hots to hota to jk was so cramped up with deeds while other area's were completly empty.

If it's a little bigger, Especially around center hota, Hopefully it helps. Most people going to cram into small spaces anyway i guess, Except for some carebears who build too far away to pvp

Completely understand and respect your design thinking around this.

Personally, despite the issues you raised (and a few you haven't yet), even if I had 200 concurrent online players, I would still go with as small as possible to really encourage constant combat. We've become used to large amounts of space between deed and frontline due to WO wishful thinking about PVP pop. In real life being constantly underfoot is what leads to open warfare.

Best of luck with your server.

~Nappy

One of the things i'd like a mod for is a minimum distance between 2 deeds, This way you wouldn't get people who just run back to deed in 30 seconds to be safe

Edited by Hakameda

lots of potential good things could be done in that area of the game. I still want to look at deed classification so a land grabbing deed can be almost instantly disbanded while a major capital would take some real effort

One thing missed, bring back old tower mechanics, must not be able to just dump them anywhere. Need adjacent influence to expand.

Edited by bigsteve
grammer

Just wl spells/kingdoms, means everyone can be the same priest, everyone has to contest the white light, no web armour so lighter armours are made more viable

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 7:23 AM, MaurizioAM said:

Something other then deed raiding to generate pvp. 

That and actual bodies.