Sign in to follow this  
Amyzel

No message for moment of inspiration or rare sound when imping forge with last bit of rare shard

Hi

I did not get a message about a moment of inspiration or the sound indicating a chance to get a rare when I used up my last bit of rare rock shard to imp a forge. This has happened to me a few times. I thought I remember getting a sound and a message even when  I was not successful at getting a rare before. Is this a glitch?

I have used up several rares in this way...and don't want to waste anymore..if it is a glitch. 

Would be grateful for any info on this matter,

Does weight left matter? Maybe as it's the last bit there isn't enough weight to count.

There is only a slim possibility you will get a chance to transfer rarity when imping with the last bit of a rare raw material; if the chance doesn't occur, you will not get a rare drumroll at all.

The rare drumroll occurs when attaching a rare material to an unfinished item (for example, a rare brick to an unfinished forge), even though the item might not turn rare, the chance still being low.

This was Rolf explanation on improving with rare mats (meantime, the drumroll was moved at the end of the action).