Sign in to follow this  
Ubai

Foraging and botanizing on custom maps?

Hello,

I downloaded a custom map and ran it on my offline server after cleaning the db as instructed on this forum. Everything seems fine except the chance to forage or botanize is almost non-existent. As an experiment I cleaned the db on the standard adventure map and I was still able to forage and botanize much more successfully.

Is there a way to set the foraging and botanizing rates on a custom map or does it have to be built in during map creation? 

Thanks!

Matt

Which tiles can be foraged/botanized is stored in flags.map

If you run the server without that file present - it will generate an empty file that will have no tiles set to be forage/botanizeable. 

They will regenerate over time but this can be rather slow.

You could try transplanting that file from the default creative map and see if that helps. I don't think it contains anything specific to the map mesh.

• Like 1

Sadly, that crashed the offline server when I tried it. I rebuilt the db and tried again, but it still crashed, but when I put the original .map file back the crashing stopped.

Now that i think of it... that would only work if your map is the same size as the template you are transplanting from. Derp!