Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

QOL: Bulk -> Bulk transfer

To put it simple, while transfering from one bulk container to another, I suggest the addition of an option to transfer as much as possible instead of "As many as I can carry"

(refering to the menu below)

226384b405.jpg

When transfering thousands of heavy materials such as shards, bricks, dirt, etc it takes eons dragging the stuff from example crates into bsbs.

While dragging items from non-bulk containers into bulk-containers there is no limitations, so there isn't really any reason why we shouldnt be allowed to transfer as much as possible from one bulk container to another at once.

• Like 4

+1

Convenient for the players, and I think it's simpler for the database to remove 5k from one container and add it to another, instead of 50 separate -100/+100 entries.

• Like 1

I would like to just be able to have a transfer option that repeats until either the:

• origination container is empty,
  • the receiving container is full,
  • or the amount to be transferred is reached.

I like many other people harvest a lot of stuff.  I also like trade, and being a middle man a lot of my "work" is drag, drop, hit enter.  (now repeat 30 times, because I can only hold 10 dirt at a time.)

This would be a short code writing, and would be of such great use.  Let it burn stamina, no big deal.  But just something to "smooth out" the rough edge.

Serious +1 to transferring stacks from one bulk container to the other!!!

58 minutes ago, Tallios said:

I would like to just be able to have a transfer option that repeats until either the:

• origination container is empty,
  • the receiving container is full,
  • or the amount to be transferred is reached.

I like many other people harvest a lot of stuff.  I also like trade, and being a middle man a lot of my "work" is drag, drop, hit enter.  (now repeat 30 times, because I can only hold 10 dirt at a time.)

This would be a short code writing, and would be of such great use.  Let it burn stamina, no big deal.  But just something to "smooth out" the rough edge.

There is a key sequence that allows you to do what you want. 

31 minutes ago, Nappy said:

There is a key sequence that allows you to do what you want. 

Could you share this perhaps?

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

Could you share this perhaps?

hold shift followed by holding enter and then drag.

you still need to drag a billion times, but you can skip the menu.

50 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

maybe he means shift+enter+some mousekeys like 0 6 . 4 to click+hold, drag right, release, drag left

would be one hell of a key sequence though

edit: actually i suppose ctrl+[0 6 . enter 4] would do it however fast you could press those keys without requiring any mouse movement

Edited by Alexgopen

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

yeah, I would like the default drag to actually use what the options says it uses.  not just bring up another menu.  There's a point when I want to DO actions not menus.

Sidenote:  this coupled with the fact that none of these actions provide body stamina or strength to help eventually make the whole task easier.  Make it use stamina, and give minor ticks to strength based on object weight and stamina based on workload.  

Edited by Tallios

+1

As it is right now.. you can just drag the item and press Enter, that moves all that you could else pick in inventory and move to the other container.. that's limited by player's inventory item count and carry weight

there are characters with over 4-500kg carry weight ability who already can move significant amount of dirt, rocks, etc around with ease

maybe this was meant to be a pain to encourage the players to level body stats?

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

there are characters with over 4-500kg carry weight ability who already can move significant amount of dirt, rocks, etc around with ease

As one of those 400-5oo KG people, it's still a major pain in the butt to unload a wagon load of shards or dirt. I'd take some sort of automation or faster way to unload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

+1

As it is right now.. you can just drag the item and press Enter, that moves all that you could else pick in inventory and move to the other container.. that's limited by player's inventory item count and carry weight  there are characters with over 4-500kg carry weight ability who already can move significant amount of dirt, rocks, etc around with ease

The only problem with this notion is that above I listed that loading, unloading, picking up and dropping do not add to characteristics.  Thus I can work my ass off as a trader, moving objects constantly.  Yet magically I don't get stronger or have more stamina?

This is the flaw, I would prefer a stamina use & stat gain to go with the movement of goods.

I thought the primary reason for the gimping of bulk transfers was to slow down looting in PvP or something?

That may be the case, but there shouldn't be anything wrong with making it take stamina, and if they want to "gimp" pvp looting make only 1 person allowed to access a box at one time, and add the transfer actions.

Or they can only enable these "transfer actions" on allied deeds, a lot like the speedy pushing.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:02 AM, Wurmhole said:

I thought the primary reason for the gimping of bulk transfers was to slow down looting in PvP or something?

I don't recall this personally, nor do I care

If someone breaks into my knarr, they can take pretty much the entire contents by just selecting it all and dragging into a wagon, takes like 1 second to take all my stuff

They can take my shards faster, it doesn't matter

• Like 1

I like this idea. If there is a pvp issue, could it not be restricted to the PVE servers like how locks work on PVE?

58 minutes ago, Lianya said:

I like this idea. If there is a pvp issue, could it not be restricted to the PVE servers like how locks work on PVE?

I don't really see how this would be a pvp "issue".