Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

[epic] add prayer resets via sermon mechanic

My suggestion is to add the sermon prayer reset mechanic to Epic so we can make priests a bit faster.

• Like 6

+1

With some daily limitation that should be O.k. update imo (some heavy limitation.. followers reach 30 faith in what 2-3 weeks.. 1 reset CUTS THAT TIME IN HALF)

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

+1

With some daily limitation that should be O.k. update imo (some heavy limitation.. followers reach 30 faith in what 2-3 weeks.. 1 reset CUTS THAT TIME IN HALF)

only priests can sermon, so no biggie there, followers will never get a prayer reset

+1, i think it was just one of those oddball prevention mechanics tossed onto epic on creation to try to fix the issues with chaos/freedom (wtf no vesseling for skill), but obviously this doesn't prevent anything about priests, it just helps smaller groups get that faith gain that larger groups will obviously get no matter what, like I think there's 5 or more priests in my village that got 100 faith at some point so what's the change

• Like 2

+1

That small kind of QoL improvement is what PvP needs these days.  They do add up.  Well, Freedom too *throws stick at HH nerfing* (soz OP, you know it had to be said).

• Like 2

bump

can't expect to get fresh blood when it takes so long to get into the priest game

• Like 1

+1, I'm not an epic player but this sure would help them alot!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Isn't the fear of Epic PvP being simply priest vs priest?

Dude its been out for years... lol.

and speeding faith gains at this point wont change a thing.

And finally, isn't this supposed to be the "faster" server that focus on valrei/religion comparable to chaos? Irony at its best.

Edited by Zekezor

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

epic pvp  pvp is simply priest vs priest, there are far too many benefits of being a priest than not being a priest for pvp

this change allows newer priests/players to catch up

Edited by platinumteef

And as zeke said, this cluster has been out for 5 years, it might have been a cool barrier to add at the beginning to preserve that 'fresh pvp cluster' feel, but at this point its just an unncessary hindrance

+1 so more ppl can priest and then moar pewpew. 

With this recent changes this one should be looked info asweel to get even more ppl back to game 

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

we've discussed this with you back when we were talking about the pvp changes in teamspeak

people don't care about the body stats nerf or it taking longer to faith up and useless stuff like that

they care about the actual restrictions such as restricting what they can do (digging/mining/woodcutting/imping/creating, etc) and not silly nerfs that don't affect what a priest can and cannot do

• Like 4

Not to mention that you can't even sermon until already a priest so it's not making anyone a priest faster it's just speeding up the faith after a little.

Yea this one should be implemented on epic a year ago!

+1

I can see this being a perfect draw for Epic. @Retrogrademaybe once upon a time it was but Epic is and has always been a more consistent field action server, the increased faith gains would just allow the fun to start sooner then later and newer players on the server would have that much more of a chance in shorter time instead of spending months to do it.  Would be a great addition for Epic IMO

+1 

• Like 2

This is another easy fix/buff that will make epic abit more popular