Sign in to follow this  
Sullen

Create new, useful, meaningful reasons to live/work in large communities

I posted this in the WU forum, but I felt like it might inspire people playing WO as well. All of my suggestions should be read with the understanding it is from a PVE perspective, trying to inspire new ideas to make our game more fun without taking into account that 'more fun' and 'balanced for PVP' are usually pointing in two different directions and causing unneeded drama here on the forums, I'm just dreaming here. Thanks for reading.

Create a new system where settlements keep track of how many people have created each different kind of item on-deed.

Give bonuses to people who craft on-deed.

Such as, this deed has had 500,000 iron hammers created/imped on-deed, therefore, anyone making hammers on-deed get some sort of bonus, like higher quality, or better rare chances, or better stats or whatever.

Items created on that deed will say that they were created on that deed when examining, just like who crafted it.

Make bonuses for each deed be somewhat random, creating diversity and reasons to travel to different deeds, and give each player similar random bonuses and then all-encompassing bonuses for any player on-deed at the deed level as well.

I think this will give incentives for people to create and imp on-deed in groups, like an extended achievement system with different tiers, like a bonus at 10,000 of an item, , then 100,000 of an item etc.

This will give incentive for people to live together, and make it work for everything, like growing trees, or making charcoal piles, or breeding sheep etc etc.

Ultimately at the highest tiers, you could implement my suggestion of the Diablo-esque item creation system. 

Thanks for reading, hope this inspires people with the time and talent to implement.

Sullen

Edited by Sullen

Well, we have this odd deed bonus system, that everybody only use for rarity window and all other features are usually ignored. Maybe if we wouldn't need to sacrifice things, but rather create and improve, it would actually become useful in all its aspects.

Would be nice to benefit from working together on PvE not just PvP.

Edited by Jukka

If there is a benefit for communities then there should be a benefit for hermits.  I do not want to have to be in a village, i do not like relying on other people who will inevitably logout and let their houses rot.  I was in alliance with mortals for a while and it just reminded me for every cool person i know there are 3 others that suck and mortals change sometimes from being cool and easy to get along with to unstable jack-holes.  Why anyone would seek to be in that potential situation is a mystery to me, the benefits do not outweigh the risk, i may have to put up with it at work, absolutely not worth it for a game..

I hear ya on the hermit situations, the 'counting' and achievements would still work on solo deeds, would just take a lot longer to achieve the same volume as it would be designed for catering to larger groups.

You could also live solo, but travel to the local crafting deed for whenever you want to take advantage of the extra bonuses.

"Create a new system where settlements keep track of how many people have created each different kind of item on-deed."
no. -1; privacy.. nobody needs to know if I make 5,000 spoons, I mind need a bunch to try bend them, you know practice makes perfect, rather show up on next fair and show my skills or accomplishments there and than, instead of being sniffed as a spoon printer; +1 if that's shown somewhere as a useless data for the village, but than.. why keep such things around the database, if there's spot for such things... again +1 it's always fun to see how many fails certain village have; definitely no for the perks from such things (personal opinion)

"Give bonuses to people who craft on-deed."
No. -1; already exists with rarity bonus; shorter action timers/less fails/imping better etc.. um.. no, let's keep it simple (just my opinion)

"Such as, this deed has had 500,000 iron hammers created/imped on-deed, therefore, anyone making hammers on-deed get some sort of bonus, like higher quality, or better rare chances, or better stats or whatever.
"
No. -1

"Items created on that deed will say that they were created on that deed when examining, just like who crafted it."
Um.... why not.. but also.. why, kind of.. but still not a bad Idea I guess +1

"Make bonuses for each deed be somewhat random, creating diversity and reasons to travel to different deeds, and give each player similar random bonuses and then all-encompassing bonuses for any player on-deed at the deed level as well."
Um.. NO -1; just imagine you let others craft/drop items on your deed land.. terrifying thought to check what's left on your deed after such bonus; such thing will create garbage dump spots on the map, on places where you wont like to find such

"I think this will give incentives for people to create and imp on-deed in groups, like an extended achievement system with different tiers, like a bonus at 10,000 of an item, , then 100,000 of an item etc."
NO. -1

You kind of dream for perks to bott/spam create items or repeat actions to get even more from what you're already doing; I dont see the point, HOW is this going to make the community/village people do all that, for what 1-3-5% easier improvement of items? there's imbue on tools for that;

every next tier in achievements to unlock a 'perk' or make that action easier seems like a nice thing on the other hand.. as long it doesnt boost player's skills too much
^Such system will open a huge time sinkhole for the skill grinders, satisfy the need for new content etc.. but it will be a short term distraction, and kind of make noob's time making items tougher than ever;