Sign in to follow this  
Sullen

Create new, useful, meaningful reasons to live/work in large communities

Create a new system where settlements keep track of how many people have created each different kind of item on-deed.

Give bonuses to people who craft on-deed.

Such as, this deed has had 500,000 iron hammers created/imped on-deed, therefore, anyone making hammers on-deed get some sort of bonus, like higher quality, or better rare chances, or better stats or whatever.

Items created on that deed will say that they were created on that deed when examining, just like who crafted it.

Make bonuses for each different player and then any player on-deed as well.

I think this will give incentives for people to create and imp on-deed in groups, like an extended achievement system with different tiers, like a bonus at 10,000 of an item, , then 100,000 of an item etc.

This will give incentive for people to live together, and make it work for everything, like growing trees, or making charcoal piles, or breeding sheep etc etc.

Ultimately at the highest tiers, you could implement my suggestion of the Diablo-esque item creation system. 

Thanks for reading, hope this inspires people with the time and talent to implement.

Sullen

Imagine the huge db that would create!

I don't think the suggestion is viable.

What I am considering for the server I poke around with on my free time, a possible future RP server,

is no deedings, just a few settlements/towns and people get to choose where to live and join that community.

With some possibility to have a tiny hut and garden in the wilderness also for the hermits, but they would still belong to a settlement.

There is that system now where we sacrifice stuff to get deed bonus(I've only done the enchanting bonus one). Using that as a template of sorts, lets say each time an appropriate item is created a deed bonus float value is increased. As time goes by that float is decreased. May Be used doubles, I'm not sure.

If the mod had its own sqlite database for this it could be 5 floats or doubles for each item template.

1. creation tracking

2. imps <=50

3. imps 50>x>=70

4 imps 70>x>=90

5. imps 90>x

1101 item templates, * 5 is 5,505 doubles or longs. I think that about 44,000 bytes or 44 kb.

Another way to go about this would be to have counters tracking creation of goods for a whole craft skill. Each time a blacksmithing item is made that counter is increased. Further, do the same for the imping quality breaks.

I'm just brainstorming here and am not volunteering to do this at the moment.

Edited by joedobo