Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #36 balances and Armours

4 hours ago, Mclovin said:

then i came along and rekt everybody

In your dreams...... GRIN!

On 9/10/2016 at 5:13 PM, Zekezor said:

roflmao.

It was two 90-in-everything characters... and 75% vs 50% means the younger account had lost DOUBLE the hitpoints comparably to the older account.

note: No SOTG involved.

I see, so you used an old video with old mechanics to prove my point that the old system was just fine and in fact did not benefit the older player enough. (No, those can't be the new mechanics. Why? Regardless of base, the difference in damage reduction between a 70 strength character and a 90 strength character using the new mechanics is 8.9%, not double)

Edited by RIPPVP

47 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

I see, so you used an old video with old mechanics to prove my point that the old system was just fine and in fact did not benefit the older player enough. (No, those can't be the new mechanics. Why? Regardless of base, the difference in damage reduction between a 70 strength character and a 90 strength character using the new mechanics is 8.9%, not double)

first off.... thats the latest iteration of the pvp shard of the test server which hosts the new mechanics for BS.

Also...

cake.png

Btw... Strength affects damage... you should know this... scrub.

Finally: I'm slightly confused about what ur trying to imply with the last sentance that's in parenthis...

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

Is this argument still going on? Rippvp use your real name and talk don't hide behind an alias. Face the facts more people were asking for Newb vs vet balance and this corrects it the best possible way. It makes it so every player can now take a hit or 2 and now your benefit for going higher then 75str is for the massive dmg you can still put out. Clearly you don't have a high str toon. Or if you do then you are one of the players that rather the game die so you can keep your uber power over everyone instead of see it flourish with potential new players that can and will spice up the pvp world and also the one one too.

Now at least if your a bad vet player it will clearly show as an experienced over will be able to use a mediocre account to spank on some vets who don't know what they are doing. Yes tactics will now need to be used more. 

higher strength also gives bonuses to other actions such as shield bashing and being able to carry more than a plateset without reaching the 75% limit

On 9/13/2016 at 8:42 AM, Zekezor said:

first off.... thats the latest iteration of the pvp shard of the test server which hosts the new mechanics for BS.

Also...

cake.png

Btw... Strength affects damage... you should know this... scrub.

Finally: I'm slightly confused about what ur trying to imply with the last sentance that's in parenthis...

damage taken = 1 - 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)

therefore damage reduction = 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)

so the ratio of damage reduction between 90 strength and 70 strength is 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)/(0.15log(70*.8 - 15) = 1.0887..., not 2.00+. The increase to amount of damage dealt from strength is not a 100% increase between 70 strength and 90 strength either, so regardless of which mechanics the video was created with, your video demonstrates that the old mechanics did not benefit older players enough. 

@MaurizioAMWhen I create an alternate account I will be sure to not use it. For now, I will use this main account. 

13 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

damage taken = 1 - 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)

therefore damage reduction = 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)

so the ratio of damage reduction between 90 strength and 70 strength is 0.15log(90*.8 - 15)/(0.15log(70*.8 - 15) = 1.0887..., not 2.00+. The increase to amount of damage dealt from strength is not a 100% increase between 70 strength and 90 strength either, so regardless of which mechanics the video was created with, your video demonstrates that the old mechanics did not benefit older players enough. 

@MaurizioAMWhen I create an alternate account I will be sure to not use it. For now, I will use this main account. 

ugh... damage reduction does not correlate to effective hitpoints.

sure 99% dmg reduction is merely 1% more than 98%... BUT IT GIVES YOU DOUBLE HITPOINTS IN COMPARISON.

Hence why people compare effective hitpoints instead of damage reduction.

and try to get into your head the fact that bodystrength increase damage and older accounts got a billion of support skills at high level which completely tips the scale in their favor by a ton.

Bodystrength is merely one booster out of many for combat.

Edited by Zekezor

On 9/10/2016 at 9:02 AM, Zekezor said:

"emperical verified" WITHOUT SOTG

1:

Hide contents

2:

Hide contents

the only thing i learned from this video is that Zeke uses Deluge to torrent 

• Like 2

On 14/09/2016 at 7:53 PM, Zekezor said:

ugh... damage reduction does not correlate to effective hitpoints.

sure 99% dmg reduction is merely 1% more than 98%... BUT IT GIVES YOU DOUBLE HITPOINTS IN COMPARISON.

Hence why people compare effective hitpoints instead of damage reduction.

and try to get into your head the fact that bodystrength increase damage and older accounts got a billion of support skills at high level which completely tips the scale in their favor by a ton.

Bodystrength is merely one booster out of many for combat.

The first point is irrelevant. 99% damage reduction was only possible at 119 strength with the old system, which was not obtainable. Even going from 99 strength to 100 strength would not have doubled your hit points, not even close. This makes grinding pointless. The more time you put into your account, the less the future rewards are. This is called diminishing marginal returns.

The second point is true but also irrelevant. Gaining 20 points in strength does not double your damage unless you go from 0 to 20 strength, which again is impossible. @Zekezor it seems to me you are trying to skew public opinion by stating facts but not their context. 

Edited by Pandalet
Mod edit

4 hours ago, RIPPVP said:

The first point is irrelevant. 99% damage reduction was only possible at 119 strength with the old system, which was not obtainable.wrong. What is armor, sotg, tomes, focus level, alcohol, defensive fighting, etc for 500 Alex.  Even going from 99 strength to 100 strength would not have doubled your hit points, not even close. This makes grinding pointless. The more time you put into your account, the less the future rewards are. wrong again. The rewards now scale linearly.  Linear Dr for bs meant exponential rewards aka health. Logarithmic  Dr for bs means linear rewards.  You get the same amount of effective health per level of bs now.  In the past you got more health per level as your level increased, giving greater benefit per level at higher levels, and next to no benefit from bs at lower levels, with the benefits being minimal even up into 50s bs by comparison to the top tier accs.  This is called diminishing marginal returns. nope. Before you had increasing returns. Now you have fairly scaling returns. Who are you that you need to cry so bad on an alt because you can't get stuff done without a big strong account 

15 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

You have deluded yourself if you think the rewards are linear. 

(1-(0.15*ln(19*0.8-15)))-(1-(0.15*ln(20*0.8-15))) = 0.24141568686 (raw difference)

0.24141568686/(1-(0.15*ln(19*0.8-15))) = 0.19446804919 (19% change)

(1-(0.15*ln(79*0.8-15)))-(1-(0.15*ln(80*0.8-15))) = 0.00246919155 (raw difference)

0.00246919155/(1-(0.15*ln(79*0.8-15))) = 0.00589733527 (0.58% change)

@Alexgopen you are deliberately misleading people to "prove" your point, just as you did with http://codehost.tumblr.com .

Edited by Pandalet
Mod edit

14 hours ago, RIPPVP said:

You have deluded yourself if you think the rewards are linear. 

(1-(0.15*ln(19*0.8-15)))-(1-(0.15*ln(20*0.8-15))) = 0.24141568686 (raw difference)

0.24141568686/(1-(0.15*ln(19*0.8-15))) = 0.19446804919 (19% change)

(1-(0.15*ln(79*0.8-15)))-(1-(0.15*ln(80*0.8-15))) = 0.00246919155 (raw difference)

0.00246919155/(1-(0.15*ln(79*0.8-15))) = 0.00589733527 (0.58% change)

@Alexgopen you are deliberately misleading people to "prove" your point, just as you did with http://codehost.tumblr.com .

Obviously you failed to read what I wrote.  You are claiming that the DR gained per level decreases, which is correct, however what you fail to realize is how increasing DR affects your overall effective health.  Additionally, using 19 body strength like you are is misleading because you don't start with 19 and normally never reach 19 unless you are repeatedly killing an alt, and the curve is higher sloped at the start, which is obvious, however becomes fairly linear later on.  The more DR you have, the greater effect on your effective health per point, so of course you get reduced DR gains as your overall DR increases, because that way you get the same amount of health per level.  You have near linear improvement to your effective health per body strength level now.  And my DR calculator is not misleading either, it uses the same calculations that the game does.  The only one who doesn't follow is you. 

all I need to do to prove you wrong again is post this again, maybe look at it this time, or learn to read a graph, or learn the difference between DR and health, or how DR affects your health, or go back to school, or maybe just stop posting about something you obviously don't understand, but i guess since you're too embarrassed to admit you're bad and need to be 5x tankier than everyone else to win fights you need to troll on a forum alt

mQUoRIC.png

go back to /pol/ with your echoes and conspiracy theories you silly little edgelord

Edited by Firestarter
Moderation Edit.

1 hour ago, Alexgopen said:

conspiracy theories

This part is ironic hehe

The rippvp guy might have his math wrong but I do think he has a point if the health gained per level is now even across all the levels then it isn't fair at all if you consider the time spent between lower levels of days and weeks in comparison to higher levels being months.

13 minutes ago, Penny said:

This part is ironic hehe

The rippvp guy might have his math wrong but I do think he has a point if the health gained per level is now even across all the levels then it isn't fair at all if you consider the time spent between lower levels of days and weeks in comparison to higher levels being months.

PvE and PvP mechanics generally go together like peanut butter and motor oil. The point is not to be fair, it's to minimize the game mechanical gap between old and new players so that new players stick around long enough to be old players. In PvE/PvP games this is usually accomplished by handing out "free" pvp gear or a code split. CCAB has chosen to go with a code split on this one.

• Like 2

Anyone know if these: 

Armour also carries bonuses for material type:
+10% for glimmer, +5% for addy, +10% for seryll
rare is 103%, supreme is 106%, fantastic is 109%

also apply to glance rates?

Also Straight up seems chain needs a buff in DR if not studded pretty much trumps it right out. (i would take the base to 62.5%)

Edited by JockII

On 09.09.2016 at 8:46 PM, Retrograde said:

PvP Damage reduction information
bodystrength.png

Body Strength Formula, linear line is old, curve is new. (1-(0.15*ln(x*0.8-15)))

So did linear line remain for PvE fights or it was and is completely different?

This is funny read. Seems good step for BS reduce, but devs should be more patient what implement. So simply get minimal and maximal values and y see how crazy is BS set.With linear system 80% dmg red at 100 BS ? Body strength should be body strength and no more mixed with armor and do increase hit damage. So any strength shouldnt be better in dmg red than best armor in game. BS should affect dmg red only little so 20-30% at max values. Thats total kill new players come, no chance vs veteran tons grave pvp forever.

Edited by ftoz