Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #36 balances and Armours

11 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

with the new system:

SOTG player:

- 25% damage resistance from strength

Okay i see where the problem is now... Mathskills.

0c6a88e83f.png

This means the player is taking 44.2964% of the original damage receieved... iow ~55% dmg reduction at 70...

1cb5a654b4.png

the lil newb got ~18% dmg reduction at 23...

So its all a missunderstanding due to inproper calculations.

Edited by Zekezor

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

Okay i see where the problem is now... Mathskills.

0c6a88e83f.png

This means the player is taking 44.2964% of the original damage receieved... iow ~55% dmg reduction at 70...

1cb5a654b4.png

the lil newb got ~18.35% dmg reduction at 23...

So its all a missunderstanding due to inproper calculations.

Right, and my calculations were correct and empirically verified. There is either a bug in the code or the devs are unsure of what base to use. 

my calculations were correct

no....

empirically verified

a single duel relying on RNG based coding isn't really reliable...

Technically you could have a duel where an account never takes a single hit... its just not common... but very possible.

try 2 chars on test (the pvp shard of it). get one with sotg/70bs and the other with just 23bs. put the 2 chars into combat without movement or differating aim angles or elevation.

Just watch them punch eachother to death like 20 times and heal up inbetween sessions. Don't add any additional interaction. (no weapons or armor etc, keep the test as "pure" as possible)

Just observe. if your results are wastly diffrent from expectations each time (remember rng can offput a duel or two to be "odd") then report back with results, okay?

And for whatever comes out of your mouth unrelated to that... I've talked enough.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

no....

a single duel relying on RNG based coding isn't really reliable...

Technically you could have a duel where an account never takes a single hit... its just not common... but very possible.

try 2 chars on test (the pvp shard of it). get one with sotg/70bs and the other with just 23bs. put the 2 chars into combat without movement or differating aim angles or elevation.

Just watch them punch eachother to death like 20 times and heal up inbetween sessions. Don't add any additional interaction. (no weapons or armor etc, keep the test as "pure" as possible)

Just observe. if your results are wastly diffrent from expectations each time (remember rng can offput a duel or two to be "odd") then report back with results, okay?

And for whatever comes out of your mouth unrelated to that... I've talked enough.

For the third time, this was tested. By tested I mean several bouts of combat. The SOTG character barely scraping by was a common occurrence. You defending the devs (whose recent actions involved introducing a stun bug instead of making stuns shorter, made them infinitely long, as well as introducing a bug with literally every patch and refusing to fix broken code) isn't helping anyone right now. 

19 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

For the third time, this was tested. By tested I mean several bouts of combat. The SOTG character barely scraping by was a common occurrence. You defending the devs (whose recent actions involved introducing a stun bug instead of making stuns shorter, made them infinitely long, as well as introducing a bug with literally every patch and refusing to fix broken code) isn't helping anyone right now. 

If you want to be taken seriously get off that alt forum account and actually use your main forum account.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

First your hiding behind an alt, why I have no clue because its pointless. You are complaining about things because u want to be better then all newbs unless they put in the same time playing as you? This is the only game I've played that has had such a vast separation between new and old accounts. Its not right and I don't give a shat what you think is that a new player that puts some time into the game cannot be viable until he or she plays for 8 years. So to make it work the ridiculously high ceiling needed to be dropped. The high skilled account still has dgm on his side from the multiplier from str. The change is only to make a newer toon viable but will not beat a vet as long as the vet knows what he or she is doing.

Now your crying about a bug that was implemented with stun.. That's going to happen.. Its a change of code... If you want to argue the fact the devs did a piss poor job planning the execution of the implementation then I'm fully with you.. But your argument honestly makes you look like a ... 

If you want to complain that the devs /PR did a horrible job implementing such a change while a pvp ban should have been put in place so that we as players could find some bugs while testing then yes I'm with you on that as well.  But again your complaints are ludicrous.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RIPPVP said:

with the old system:
SOTG player:

- 50% damage resistance from strength
- 30% damage resistance from SOTG

- 67.4% damage resistance from plate

= 88.59% damage resistance

1/(1-.8859) = 876% base HP

week-old account:

- strength was around 23, so 3% damage resistance from strength

= 68.378% damage resistance
1/(1-.68378) = 316% base HP

with the new system:

SOTG player:

- 25% damage resistance from strength

- 30% damage resistance from SOTG

= 82.885% damage resistance

1/(1-.82885) = 584% base HP

week-old account:

- 8% damage resistance from strength

= 70% damage resistance

1/(1-.7) = 333% base HP

That actually looks like quite the improvement. Skills still give an advantage as the SOTG player has around 75% more total base HP than the week old account there instead of around 175% more. The advantage from skills should be within limits so newer players aren't discouraged from PvPing. If they feel that they need to spend years to grind in order to get close to existing players (as by what you show here clearly is the case now) then how many do you expect will stick around for it? The low population on the PvP servers already gives us the answer to that question: not a whole lot. Changes like these are long overdue and I must say it sounds like a really good balance change if it makes veteran players afraid of new players, as your posts clearly show.

• Like 4

"emperical verified" WITHOUT SOTG

1:

Spoiler

2:

Spoiler

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

"emperical verified"

1:

Hide contents

2:

Hide contents

cant wait for episode 3, you should start a mini series

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Yes. they are removed

([part of the reason the collection is in now)

20 hours ago, Dorian said:

I can confirm that prospecting the crystals make the things poof away when they are empty. 

Yea, I discovered that they are removed after 100 actions. As a side effect it's ok but with the intent of removing them since keybinds don't work for mine, prospect and cut on them it involves 100 right clicks. A lot of junk shards for slab making and junk logs for fuel if loaded up, plus the mysterious rift resources also of combined low QL. Maybe some skill gains too for those of lower skills pertaining to the rift item harvested. Meh.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
extra but out

51 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Yea, I discovered that they are removed after 100 actions. As a side effect it's ok but with the intent of removing them since keybinds don't work for mine, prospect and cut on them it involves 100 right clicks. A lot of junk shards for slab making and junk logs for fuel if loaded up, plus the mysterious rift resources also of combined low QL. Maybe some skill gains too for those of lower skills pertaining to the rift item harvested. Meh.

=Ayes=

The older decorations were actually larger in volume than the newer ones, the new ones will only have 10 resource collection attempts in them, not 100.

The 100 ones are fairly damaged, so ql will be low

I'd like to thank the dev team for making crystals use Prospecting to harvest. Wandering down tunnels randomly banging on rocks hoping for skill just kinda... sucks. Would much rather work over a crystal and actually get something sometimes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MaurizioAM said:

I also feel steel plate would do better against burn vs cold. Maybe just a quick swap there.

I have not tested anything yet but can someone anyone give me some more insight on the DR curve please... It looks like there was a nerf to highly skilled accounts I think my weakest fighting account just became my best toon. Unless I'm just not looking at it correctly.

+1 to steel plate being better against burn vs. cold

i dunno man

everything is still made by the players, content created by the players.. (sort of, fkn hota/rifts)

i think thats the general definition of a sandbox

Spoiler

Edited by Oreo

4 minutes ago, Oreo said:

i dunno man

everything is still made by the players, content created by the players.. (sort of, fkn hota/rifts)

i think thats the general definition of a sandbox

actually thats not even true, the gm's have spawned so much un-creatable items in the game via, unique items like farwalker ammys boks etcetc, + all the diff items with diff material type and rares/supremes etc have all been spawned by GM's

Just now, TradingAlt said:

actually thats not even true, the gm's have spawned so much un-creatable items in the game via, unique items like farwalker ammys boks etcetc, + all the diff items with diff material type and rares/supremes etc have all been spawned by GM's

Which is all materials like gold, lead, or thornbush wood which do nothing lol

so was face damage ever fixed fore chain and other armor types?

The GMs spawned those farwalkers?

I thought those were Christmas gifts?

Not to mention they were deemed, (might I add way too late), overpowered and nerfed, and the BoKs are for supporting it early on in the game, as I'm being told.

But, that doesn't seem to be what you're getting at here.

Also, all of those items do nothing really and have no effect on the game overall.

Some things do.. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Zekezor said:

"emperical verified" WITHOUT SOTG

1:

Reveal hidden contents

2:

Reveal hidden contents

The second video proves my point that there is literally no reason to play for longer than a week now. 75% vs over 50% is pretty bad. Week-old accounts should NOT be able to compete with very high end strong accounts. 

49 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

The second video proves my point that there is literally no reason to play for longer than a week now. 75% vs over 50% is pretty bad. Week-old accounts should NOT be able to compete with very high end strong accounts. 

roflmao.

It was two 90-in-everything characters... and 75% vs 50% means the younger account had lost DOUBLE the hitpoints comparably to the older account.

note: No SOTG involved.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPVP said:

This part of the discussion reminds me of one of the funniest observations I made on DesolationV3.

It was amazing how many holders of WO high end accounts would just rush into a group of 3 or 4 enemy characters, alone, and expect to win. They did it because they were used to having such a huge advantage over other players on WO. On DesoV3 they actually had to use tactics and strategy if they expected to have a reasonable chance of winning, especially when out numbered. The ones who stuck it out on the server and were still playing after two to three weeks seemed to have a marked change in behaviour in terms of using tactics and group strategies.

• Like 2

[18:58:41] Your premium time expires within the hour.

guess who ain't renewing

Edited by lolmaster
Time to pwn newbs on lol
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nappy said:

This part of the discussion reminds me of one of the funniest observations I made on DesolationV3.

It was amazing how many holders of WO high end accounts would just rush into a group of 3 or 4 enemy characters, alone, and expect to win. They did it because they were used to having such a huge advantage over other players on WO. On DesoV3 they actually had to use tactics and strategy if they expected to have a reasonable chance of winning, especially when out numbered. The ones who stuck it out on the server and were still playing after two to three weeks seemed to have a marked change in behaviour in terms of using tactics and group strategies.

then i came along and rekt everybody