Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #36 balances and Armours

1 minute ago, MAADposter said:

have you tried it live? if youre going off WU code i don't think thats correct as you certainly are taking less damage than before pretty much across the board on live servers.

Also, not sure why PvP was dead. It's a step in the right direction, less teleporting, more competition. Just need to fix meditation and hellhorses and deedspam and we will be back in the good days.

You are playing on a freedom server if you think your damage reduction went up. As for a step in the wrong direction: older players' grinds matter less now and they have the same amount to lose, whereas newer players have almost nothing to lose but are capable fighters now. 

1 minute ago, RIPPVP said:

You are playing on a freedom server if you think your damage reduction went up. As for a step in the wrong direction: older players' grinds matter less now and they have the same amount to lose, whereas newer players have almost nothing to lose but are capable fighters now. 

ya think the mega equipment is gonna lose vs 30ql chain? think again.

2 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

Stop hiding behind an alt forum account you salty troll.

2 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

which is good, right? Since at 65 BS there is no point grinding and losing 4-5 years to get to 90, since its pretty the same as 65...

Just now, bangzuvelis said:

which is good, right? Since at 65 BS there is no point grinding and losing 4-5 years to get to 90, since its pretty the same as 65...

no, its still an increase, now, its just not 8x the hp pool of a 50 body account when you go from 70 to 80

aka, you dont die in 1000 hits, and newer players dont die in 1, so pvp happens.

Edited by MAADposter

All i see is: "new people joining up in pvp? I can actually get in a risky situation with my god-tier account? OH NOOOOOO"

5 minutes ago, MAADposter said:

It's a step in the right direction, less teleporting, more competition.

I may agree with the less teleporting and wanting meditation fixes, but havin a grinding game and punishing people who grind is awful.  There are not going to be any new players, not enough to make a diffrence.  There may be vetrans returning who sold there acount so it helps them but the fact is, Wurm is not going to get new players.  If anyone thinks otherwise there delusional, plain and simple.

I dont see a point in staying with the game if grinding works going to mean nothing now. 

4 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

ya think the mega equipment is gonna lose vs 30ql chain? think again.

a new account cant be made by some fucboi and equiped via his main?  think again.

2 minutes ago, Zekezor said:

All i see is: "new people joining up in pvp? I can actually get in a risky situation with my god-tier account? OH NOOOOOO"

I dont want my grind to 70 to be ###### worthless is all.  Hell i wish they would ban accout selling cause of plebs who cant grind ###### on there own, but thats been here longer then since i joined so i cant say anything on that. 

Either way this killed wurm for me, have fun playing minecraft+.

7 minutes ago, Gringal said:

I may agree with the less teleporting and wanting meditation fixes, but havin a grinding game and punishing people who grind is awful.  There are not going to be any new players, not enough to make a diffrence.  There may be vetrans returning who sold there acount so it helps them but the fact is, Wurm is not going to get new players.  If anyone thinks otherwise there delusional, plain and simple.

I dont see a point in staying with the game if grinding works going to mean nothing now. 

a new account cant be made by some fucboi and equiped via his main?  think again.

I dont want my grind to 70 to be ###### worthless is all.  Hell i wish they would ban accout selling cause of plebs who cant grind ###### on there own, but thats been here longer then since i joined so i cant say anything on that. 

Either way this killed wurm for me, have fun playing minecraft+.

oh wow

i die in 25 hits instead of 28 i better quit before i test anything

Edited by MAADposter
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gringal said:

Grinding still matters... a single stat in the game however doesnt mean as much anymore. It still matters, but not as much.

I simplified it... But alright lets do the long route.

If you seriously think a new acc is gonna compete and easily win against a 95+ FS, 90+ shieldskill, 90+ 1h, 90+ 2h, 90+ archery, hellhorse riding veteran...

Then omg you must truly be a noob.

I'm saying this not as a troll, but rather as a definition of what you truly are. A noob.

If you (with your better stats and experience) can't beat a scrub... Then yea, you will die and I won't feel sorry for ya.

Learn to play the game instead of relying solely on statistics.

It's not useless... It's still great. If body strength is the only thing you have ever worked on, then yea, your account is not quite as great as before, but still great.

But if you actually have learned anything from playing and actually grinded all your other skills/stats, then you are still damn hard for a new fella to kill.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Collect resources from the mysterious rift remains.

• Mine to collect stone shards from Rift stones.
  • Prospect the crystals to collect fragments.
  • Use your woodcutting knowledge to cut down the trees and collect wood.

Hopefully when these resources are collected these ugly abominations littering our otherwise beautiful lands will then be removed. If so I will "collect" them for that reason alone. And a good riddance it will be too!

*shudders revulsively when viewing them*

=Ayes=

Just now, Ayes said:

Hopefully when these resources are collected these ugly abominations littering our otherwise beautiful lands will then be removed. If so I will "collect" them for that reason alone. And a good riddance it will be too!

=Ayes=

Yes. they are removed

([part of the reason the collection is in now)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayes said:

=Ayes=

I can confirm that prospecting the crystals make the things poof away when they are empty. 

43 minutes ago, RIPPVP said:

Except that isn't the formula being used. You are calculating in base e, Wurm is calculated in base 10. 

base e: 40 str = 58% damage taken, 70 str = 44% damage taken.

base 10: 40 str = 82% damage taken, 70 str = 75% damage taken. 

Before the change: 40 str = 80% damage taken, 70 str = 50% damage taken.

You are definitely not tankier. 

Hello forum alt. Tell me again how I'm wrong when all I did was read a graph given to us, itself which used natural logarithm.

7d8f91f212096e03874e247f9df2a214.png

Also, I did not claim that high end accounts would be tankier than they were in the past, but rather that 70 bs accs are still tankier than 40 bs accs.  All accs below about 77bs however WILL be tankier than they were in the past, according to the graph we were provided. 

You can try to twist the meaning of my words all you want but I will show you that you are just a troll forum alt every time. 

• Like 1

It's hard to tell from looking at the charts how the new armour numbers will work out in-game, but I really like the long list of fixed bugs. Great job!

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

Grinding still matters... a single stat in the game however doesnt mean as much anymore. It still matters, but not as much.

Honestly if you cant see why someone with 90BS SHOULD ###### all over someone with even 40BS theres no hope in changing your mind.

4 minutes ago, MAADposter said:

oh wow

i die in 25 hits instead of 28 i better quit before i test anything

25 hits?  are you special? no one gets above a very light wound in PVP?

###### it, im done argueing,  im sure youll sit here and tell me how its not gonna be that way, and how it wont matter, and how new players will be viable (and how much of an ass/troll/noob/other stock insult i am).  i dont want them to be, ###### new players, they need to grind like everyone else.  if there was such a problem in gap between new and old accounts go to freedom and train then come back to chaos.

Hell if wurm ran they way i wanted anyone 10 BS below you would get ###### on in melee in equal gear/skills.  ###### equality.

8 minutes ago, Aeris said:

It's hard to tell from looking at the charts how the new armour numbers will work out in-game, but I really like the long list of fixed bugs. Great job!

Gotta read up on glance code... but ignoring that part (which is a big part, but a rng modifier of potential hitpoints)...

db67612556.png

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 4

Yeah I'm not meaning to say that the charts provided in the thread are useless because they are in fact very detailed and thorough, I'm personally not 100% sure on how it compares to old values in practice while out hunting and such since I've never memorized numbers and probabilities and all that jazz :)

Edited by Aeris

10 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Yeah I'm not meaning to say that the charts provided in the thread are useless because they are in fact very detailed and thorough, I'm personally not 100% sure on how it compares to old values in practice while out hunting and such since I've never memorized numbers and probabilities and all that jazz :)

to put it blunt....

"Weaker" armour is better for hunting. (except cloth)

Plate is worse by 15% vs crushing and dragon scale is worse by 5% vs crushing (iow trolls).

plates dmg resistance vs fire damaging mobs (dragon breath, sol demons, hell scorpions, lava spiders, etc) is a tiny bit less.

Dragon armours got a big bonus against fire.

Drake is a bit worse vs slashing attacks but better against crushing.

thats all ya need to know for hunting i guess.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

Since people are freaking out, here's why it was unfair in the past.

mQUoRIC.png

Before your BS mattered very little until you got super high end.  At super high end levels, each point of bs gave you many times more health than one point would've at earlier levels.  Now the health gained per bs point is fairly linear.  Unless you are above around 77bs, your health will have been slightly buffed. 

• Like 2

That looks like something that would only affect epic BS's for a few more years I guess. Sounds like fun though :P

It all sounds like BS to me... 

...sorry I just couldn't resist...    :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3

Well here is the "ultimate list" for armour.

Interesting top values for pvp resistances were highlighted...

eab282faae.png

(potential hp is a mix of effective hp and the average glance chance for the damage type. But its RNG based.)

XL edition direct link: http://puu.sh/r5EEO/eab282faae.png

So yea... Drake is more durable than Scale vs mauls and axes.

Scale is about even with or better than drake against swords due to the chance to pierce with swords.

If the enemy uses purely swords and axes, then chain is actually a working substitute instead of drake with a 11% movement loss.

So uhm... Drake is basicly a slower yet more durable version of scale....

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2