Sign in to follow this  
Jacquilyn

Manage option missing for branded animals

Hi!

So, I've been running a small private WU server for myself and a few friends. We can't however, for the life of us, seem to be able to get branding to work properly.

We've branded a number of horses while on deed, but despite them showing as branded when examined, there's no manage / permissions options when right clicking them, nor is there an option to manage animals when the deed owner right clicks their own body, nor are we able to equip the animals (When trying to put a saddle or horseshoes on them it says "You are not allowed to do that").

I've done a bit of searching and can't seem to find anyone else having this problem. Is there something we're doing wrong?

Oh. I did read on the wiki something relating to branding and PvP mode but I interpreted it as meaning the permissions might not be enforced on PvP, but we'd still be able to equip branded animals with saddles and what not. I'm guessing that on a PvP server the only option is to actually tame the horse (Which is less than ideal since it'll be targeted by other creatures in combat, plus only one can be tamed at a time)?

I had this same problem and accidentally gave a horse a saddle to try and get around the issue. The horse now has it but appears useless and locked in the horse's inventory. Doesn't look like you can get it back or destroy it, even when signing on as a level 5 GM?