Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

[FIXED] Gate Locks not attaching

Gud'day Dev Team,   Sept 8th, 2016 @ 22:58 GMT

have an interesting bug for you.

Last night I helped an alt build a fence.  I then gave him the Gate Lock to attach.

When he attempted to attach the gate lock you get this message

"[00:48:52] The gate lock is already in use."

It was  a brand new lock, had not been put into use since it was crafted as part of a set of 5 gate locks.

I tried another one and got again... [00:54:09] The gate lock is already in use.

Finally the 3rd of the five worked.  [01:05:10] You start to attach the lock.

Just to make sure it was not just that gate, I tried the two "duds" on the next gate that I made for this alt and I got the messages...

[01:21:54] The gate lock is already in use.
[01:22:00] The gate lock is already in use.

The 4th of the 5 locks in that set took successfully.

[01:22:05] You start to attach the lock.

I was talking with Shrimpiee at the time in PM and he said he had also recently experience "dud" gate locks.

He asked me to please report this New Bug to the forum.  Told him I would do so when I got home from work.

Good luck figuring this one out.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator of the Albia Roads Map of Indy

We  had this one before and it was fixed.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/141715-fixed-reattaching-locks/

The locks that do not work may be remnants of the old bugged ones.  

Since you were able to successfully attach a lock, would you mind making a few new locks and see if you can attach and remove and attach again?

If the new ones fail, we have a new problem.  If it's just a few old ones, they may be bugged.

Thanks!

My 92.7ql Large Padlock is giving me the message [13:40:02] The large padlock is already in use. when I attempt to use it on anything.

10 minutes ago, arakiel said:

My 92.7ql Large Padlock is giving me the message [13:40:02] The large padlock is already in use. when I attempt to use it on anything.

That may be an old bugged lock as well.  Did you find the lock or did you just make it?   Can you make a new one and see if that works on the item you are trying to lock?

It was on an lmc which needs to be unlocked to move. When I attempt to reapply it gives me the error.

A new lock will attach.

Any chance of getting a replacement wanded up?

Thanks!

Can I get my old locks wanded up too? It is such a shame not to be able to re-use them.

On 9/8/2016 at 7:06 PM, HughMongus said:

Gud'day Dev Team,   Sept 8th, 2016 @ 22:58 GMT

Good luck figuring this one out.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator of the Albia Roads Map of Indy

Hughmongus - or anyone else who has this issue with locks - would you please identify the locks that you cannot reuse by renaming them to HESTIA and leaving a note here as to where they are?  Either keep them in inventory or indicate a deed/building/container where I can get some information from them for the devs.

I just need to gather data, I do not need nor am I replacing the locks.

I already have the information from Arakiel.  Thank you.

So can we actually get some support from the Wurm team in this matter in game?

The only support we are getting with our bugged locks is nothing, just a nothing we can do for you. Go post in the forums.

Hey that isnt helping my problem at all, my item is still bugged.

Where is that support from the Wurm team in this matter please?

12 minutes ago, Tuga said:

So can we actually get some support from the Wurm team in this matter in game?

The only support we are getting with our bugged locks is nothing, just a nothing we can do for you. Go post in the forums.

Hey that isnt helping my problem at all, my item is still bugged.

Where is that support from the Wurm team in this matter please?

Have you tried going back to the server where you originally removed the lock (with the lock in your inventory)?  That may unbug the lock.  At this time all I can do is let the dev team know that this is still happening.

I am getting this bug with a door lock, I made a few door locks a couple of months ago and they've been sitting in a backpack ever since. I picked out 2 locks from them to fix to a new building, one was just over 25ql and the other exactly 25ql. The lock that was just over 25ql attached with no problems, I quickly selected the other lock and went to the other door.

The 25ql lock, gave this message "[00:38:29] The door lock is already in use."

I can only think that I maybe tried to apply the second lock too fast after applying the first??

A third lock of approx. 30ql applied with no problems to the door.

Edit : It is possible that the buggy lock was one that had previously been on a door that I replaced with a higher quality lock.

Edited by Hailiah